LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:54 pm

Game over fcking depressing :(
Lucas and Firmino really "delivered" today
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:55 pm

2-2 FT :down:

let's not pretend we're in a title challenge...

2 feckin stupid penalties
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:57 pm

I was worried when Lucas came on just for the silly fouls he gives away in dangerous areas.. and I was right to be!! Jumping in to challenges costing us important goals. And what the hell was Mane doing. Horrible result agains a poor poor team.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:58 pm

Poor result. Dont know if it was down to 2 ganes in 3 days but Sunderland had to deal with that to
Doeboy

Postby mramo » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:00 pm

This is a unacceptable result - we should be putting away amateur clubs like Sunderland away!

The fault lies with Wijnaldum/Klavan and Mané.
Chelsea will spank Tottenham and go 8 points clear this week
mramo

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:01 pm

Sadly it's the same old story. 1 point from a possible 9 against Burnley, Bournemouth and Sunderland.
Long way to go yet but dropping points at a crucial time against relegation candidates is not really the stuff of champions.
Gutted.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:07 pm

Rubbish another let down.

Same problem every year where weve enough until we hit a busy period and the quality of squad crumbles under pressure.

Chelsea may screw up but with players jetting off and Sturridge crocked its a really bad day.

Club needs to show intent and buy first team players ready to go in and upgrade the squad but we all know it will be every excuse in the book and another flat window.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:07 pm

Doeboy » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:58 pm wrote:Poor result. Dont know if it was down to 2 ganes in 3 days but Sunderland had to deal with that to

I hope Jurgen doesn't try to use that as an excuse, by the sounds of it Sunderlands players ran themselves into the ground today and that was off the back of a 4 goal trouncing by Burnley. After beating City our players thought the hard work was done and the points were already in the bag and consequently didn't bring their A game.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:10 pm

The gap has been closed to 5 points.
Chel$ki have yet to play and spuds' record against them is one of woe, so they will try to put that right with an inform team...
---
Sturridge is now out and will more than likely be longterm. AGAIN.
Mane is gone for weeks...
PC is only coming back to full fitness and JK won't want to rush him back.
Perhaps this is what we actually needed. A kick up the backside for us to dig deep into the transfer market?
---
WE GO AGAIN!
  :buttrock
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:11 pm

mramo » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:00 pm wrote:This is a unacceptable result - we should be putting away amateur clubs like Sunderland away!

The fault lies with Wijnaldum/Klavan and Mané.
Chelsea will spank Tottenham and go 8 points clear this week

Not sure about chelsea spanking spurs but they will definatly go into that game much more relaxed knowing that we failed to het maximum points today.

Really cant be going to the likes of Burnley, Bournmouth and Sunderland and pick 1 point out of a possible 9. Kinda takes the sbine of the wins over Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City
Doeboy

Postby Doeboy » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:16 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:07 pm wrote:
Doeboy » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:58 pm wrote:Poor result. Dont know if it was down to 2 ganes in 3 days but Sunderland had to deal with that to

I hope Jurgen doesn't try to use that as an excuse, by the sounds of it Sunderlands players ran themselves into the ground today and that was off the back of a 4 goal trouncing by Burnley. After beating City our players thought the hard work was done and the points were already in the bag and consequently didn't bring their A game.

Just saw him on the BBC in a short clip and didnt say anything about playing so soon. Do find it a bit unfair Chelsea play wednesday when they last played on Saturday to be honest
Doeboy

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:17 pm

Think our squad is too thin to mount a serious title challenge. Half of our first 11 looked off the boil today and we didn't have much options on the bench either. Which makes me wonder, what's the point of putting the kids on there if you're never going to use them?

Investment has to be made over the next few weeks. Especially if Sturridge is injured...again. I'd like to see us ship out Lucas and bring in a central midfielder and forward. Preferably a striker, because we really can't rely on Sturridge anymore.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Welshwizard » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:20 pm

This was my thought when I saw the team sheet 48 hrs earlier we play a massively hard energy sapping game against city. Klopp makes 1 change and I thought straight away tired legs could catch us out today. Few fresh changes should ave been made I think. I know Sunderland had the same in time recovery,  but the way we play and press and use energy ya can't have good legs 40 odd hrs later. Anyway how the fook do Chelsea get 4 days to recover is absolutely fair like lol
Welshwizard
LFC Basic Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games