Liverpool V Swansea - Monday 29th Dec - K.O. 8pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Kash_Mountain » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:21 am

1st half LFC were all over the place, 2nd half 100 times better. Good game, albeit for the defence. Onwards and upwards.

Btw, I'd prefer Lucas to stay till next summer, it's only because of him,  Imo, that LFC have done a little better recently.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby devaney » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:54 am

Very worrying, but possibly in a good way, that our best performance by a country mile this season (apart from Spurs) was without Gerrard. No desperate hollywood balls that admittedly on occasion can be brilliant. Tremendous pressing game. Several outstanding individual performances. Brilliant tactics from BR.

Unfortunately Balotelli's brief appearance confirmed everything we already knew. He is simply not up to the pace of the premiership and a flight back to Italy would be a good move for all concerned. His arrival has had a negative effect and the sooner he goes the better. Personally I think attitude and ability are the real problems. I don't subscribe to the view that he is off form.

RBG - What garbage were the Swansea fans singing?
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:10 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:41 pm wrote:
Lucas completely bossed the midfield along with Henderson and Sakho was excellent at the back ,his composure and deft footwork really impressed me.

Similar to yourself and Kash I'd also like to acknowledge the role Lucas has played in our resurgence. He was brilliant last night.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby algymoon » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:10 am

It will be madness for the idoit BR to sale or send Lucas on loan, since he had been in side the team looked more solid and he was our best player through out the last 7-8 games he gives 100% to the best of his ability.
If Lucas goes on loan I just wonder who will fill his place! Is it the donkey "Allen"? the team does not have a like for like replacement for Lucas who is doing a special job for the team, however "Can" may be, but apart from "Can" I cannot see anyone can do the same job, and if Lucas goes there will big whole in centre of the midfield needing to be filled up!!
algymoon

Postby only me » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:59 am

algymoon » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:10 am wrote:It will be madness for the idoit BR to sale or send Lucas on loan, since he had been in side the team looked more solid and he was our best player through out the last 7-8 games he gives 100% to the best of his ability.
If Lucas goes on loan I just wonder who will fill his place! Is it the donkey "Allen"? the team does not have a like for like replacement for Lucas who is doing a special job for the team, however "Can" may be, but apart from "Can" I cannot see anyone can do the same job, and if Lucas goes there will big whole in centre of the midfield needing to be filled up!!

People here are imagining or seeing ghosts ,Lucas is better then SG no doubt  when it comes to defensive roles, but to claim he has been our best player it's a joke. Lucas doesn't do anything which any-other disciplined mobile player can do. This myth of Lucas is mind boggling ,he is average at best a faster stronger player in his position would do us wonders ,no more silly fouls for misplaced tackles no more getting caught late trailing back and maybe just maybe ability to pass the ball elsewhere then back or sideways. Sell and upgrade i say.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:22 pm

Algymoron

Your spelling of IDIOT is a little bit ironic...........
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:05 pm

devaney » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:22 am wrote:Algymoron

Your spelling of IDIOT is a little bit ironic...........

...................  :laugh:
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:09 pm

only me » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:59 am wrote:
algymoon » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:10 am wrote:It will be madness for the idoit BR to sale or send Lucas on loan, since he had been in side the team looked more solid and he was our best player through out the last 7-8 games he gives 100% to the best of his ability.

People here are imagining or seeing ghosts ,Lucas is better then SG no doubt  when it comes to defensive roles, but to claim he has been our best player it's a joke. Lucas doesn't do anything which any-other disciplined mobile player can do. This myth of Lucas is mind boggling ,he is average at best a faster stronger player in his position would do us wonders ,no more silly fouls for misplaced tackles no more getting caught late trailing back and maybe just maybe ability to pass the ball elsewhere then back or sideways. Sell and upgrade i say.

Why take the risk of selling him? We have played shyte all season but he comes into the side and steadies the ship, now for some reason you want to risk our recovery by essentially throwing dice in the transfer market?
By all means strengthen the squad but why not keep him as an insurance policy?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC1990 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:15 pm

only me » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:59 am wrote:

statistically we are better with Lucas in the side and for me thats all I need to know that when Lucas plays we win more and lose less

Lucas will never be a Makalele or a Mascherano but people need replacing before lucas starting with the "captain"

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:48 am

devaney » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:54 am wrote:Very worrying, but possibly in a good way, that our best performance by a country mile this season (apart from Spurs) was without Gerrard. No desperate hollywood balls that admittedly on occasion can be brilliant. Tremendous pressing game. Several outstanding individual performances. Brilliant tactics from BR.

Unfortunately Balotelli's brief appearance confirmed everything we already knew. He is simply not up to the pace of the premiership and a flight back to Italy would be a good move for all concerned. His arrival has had a negative effect and the sooner he goes the better. Personally I think attitude and ability are the real problems. I don't subscribe to the view that he is off form.

Sorry mate I've been busy ,there was some particular nasty ones about Gerrards wife ,and a new one along the lines of "would you ***** on a Scouser on fire " must admit it
was new to me  :D Oh and some lovely ditties about Brendan Rodgers "They don't sing your name ,they don't sing your name ,Brendan Rodgers they don't sing your name"
I found that one quite amusing ,but there was a few that werent  !  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:30 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:48 pm wrote:
devaney » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:54 am wrote:Very worrying, but possibly in a good way, that our best performance by a country mile this season (apart from Spurs) was without Gerrard. No desperate hollywood balls that admittedly on occasion can be brilliant. Tremendous pressing game. Several outstanding individual performances. Brilliant tactics from BR.

Sorry mate I've been busy ,there was some particular nasty ones about Gerrards wife ,and a new one along the lines of "would you ***** on a Scouser on fire " must admit it
was new to me  :D Oh and some lovely ditties about Brendan Rodgers "They don't sing your name ,they don't sing your name ,Brendan Rodgers they don't sing your name"
I found that one quite amusing ,but there was a few that werent  !  :D

The sad twa.. !!!!

I suppose we should take it as a back handed compliment that they have gone to the trouble of trying to annoy us with some inane drivel  :laugh:

Just a shame that we allow Welsh teams anywhere near the ENGLISH Premiership. I've always struggled to understand that  considering Wales is another country and a meaningful proportion of the population have very little time for the English. We wouldn't allow teams from other European countries to compete so why do we make an exception simply because they are part of the UK. JUST WHO DO THE WELSH SUPPORT WHEN IT COMES TO INTERNATIONAL GAMES - it certainly isn't England  :laugh:

For any of you Welsh Liverpool supporters out there it is the system that I find a tad bewildering. I've got nothing against the Welsh - well most of you anyway !! Perhaps you could enlighten me because I'm fkd if I understand iwhy teams from another country would even want to play in another countries league.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:10 am

@ Devaney - please don't tar all Welsh with the same brush, i am in Cardiff and people where i live detest Swansea, we see them as scum in the same way all LFC fans see manure as scum

Just for the record, i always support England in their matches, unless they are playing Wales

I have been to Anfield twice for Liverpool V Cardiff matches and was 100% LFC on both occasions

As for teams like Cardiff, Swansea and Newport, they have been in the english pyramid system for decades and just like any other team have fought their way up the leagues

Not being argumentative at all, just educating
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:23 am

Cardiff Red - I think I made it very clear that I don't tar all Welsh people with the same brush in the last paragraph of my post.

Sorry mate I don't feel educated  :laugh:  just because Welsh have been in the English pyramid system for years doesn't really explain why they are allowed to be there in the first place and why they would want to be there?

I'm just fascinated. I'm not suggesting anything as radical as border control.........  :laugh:
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:28 am

devaney » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:23 am wrote:Cardiff Red - I think I made it very clear that I don't tar all Welsh people with the same brush in the last paragraph of my post.

Sorry mate I don't feel educated  :laugh:  just because Welsh have been in the English pyramid system for years doesn't really explain why they are allowed to be there in the first place and why they would want to be there?

I'm just fascinated. I'm not suggesting anything as radical as border control.........  :laugh:

No your right, i re-read your original post and there's nothing there targeting us  :upside:

I think as far as the Welsh clubs playing in the English league has a lot to do with the way the nation is setup (Great Britain, United Kingdom whatever they want to call it)

We share exactly the same bank notes (Scotland have their own), we share the same laws (Scotland differ in many ways), the 2 countries are tied in many ways

England and Wales have been paired in many things, like Cricket for starters they have england and welsh cricket board, the welsh and english clubs play together in rugby union leagues as well
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:08 pm

devaney » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:23 am wrote:Cardiff Red - I think I made it very clear that I don't tar all Welsh people with the same brush in the last paragraph of my post.

I think it's probably more down to the fact that the Welsh didn't take the radical step of 'opting out' of the English game, in the early years of footy teams from all over Britain played each other, in fact a Scottish team (Queens Park) appeared in 2 F.A cup finals but in the 1880's the Scottish F.A banned Scottish clubs from competing in English competitions. If the Scottish F.A hadn't have opted out you'd probably have Celtic and Rangers in the prem now. The Welsh were more phlegmatic and just went with the flow.
Btw the welsh had a huge influence on Liverpool as a City, second only to the Irish in that respect.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games