LIVERPOOL V WBA Monday 11th Feb KO 8.00 pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:23 pm

FSG cannot be to blame for that performance last night. Nor can Rodgers for that matter, the responsibility lies solely on the FA for scheduling a game on a Monday night - knowing full well our Monday Night Football record. ;)

Back to serious things, the players need to take full responsibility for that performance. Gerrard included - why on earth he didn't play safe and hit that penalty with power is beyond explanation.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mkingdom » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:50 pm

Beyond frustrating.  We looked scared of ourselves, and we also looked incredibly tired all through the side.

Gerrard looked knackered, and Enrique had probably one of the biggest shockers in EPL history.  Johnson wasn't much better.  Overall, we looked off the pace and disinterested.

When we were one down, the pace at which we were playing was dreadful.  The crowd were letting the team know as well.  Enrique wandering over to take a throw in like we were 3-0 up was a disgrace.  Where the feck was the urgency and desire????

Once we got to the hour with no score you could see the belief leave the team, and even when we won the penalty, I hate to say, I knew we wouldn't score.

Losing the goal in their second attack, at a set piece is just a disgrace really, and just for once I'd like one of our multiple corners in a game to represent some sort of threat to the opposition.  Why are we so $*i*e at corners??

I've said all season that we are bound to get these ups and downs playing kids, but to be honest, there weren't many kids in that starting eleven last night.  I just can't reconcile the last two performances with last night.  Why do we always do this?  We love the big games and look like world beaters and then look like a pub team versus the "lesser" more physical sides.

We'll no doubt see a reaction next time out, but that is unacceptable.  We need a performance every game, with effort to match, not just when we play the top four (of which we are definitely not one).
mkingdom

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:51 pm

I didnt come on here last night because I couldnt be assed reading all the doom and gloom plus the FSG must go and BR with them cr@p that always follows a defeat..

Some people have said this a few times this season "2 steps forward, 1 step back".  I think last night definately falls into this catagory after some really good performances (even if we havent got too many points from them).  However last time I looked, if we carry on with "2 steps forward, 1 step back" we are still moving in the right direction!

We have a new manager, lots of new players playing a new system, it takes time, more than 1 season to get the huge change you want.

I am pleased with the way things are going under Brendan Rogers, sure he is making a few mistakes, but he seems to be correctling them as he is going along.  We are playing more attacking football which I am loving watching.  We now need to add consistancy.. It will come...
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:58 pm

while we might be better on the eye at times, we are not really any better than we were last season because if we were we would have more points to show for it.
most lose the run of themselves on here with beating poor sides by 3 or 4 goals but you cannot get the full picture of a teams progress by one game, there is 38 games in this league and with 26 gone we have been poor. we have 10 pts more than games played and yet to beat a team above us and thats pretty much where we are at at the minute.
im not looking for anyones head on a block either buts that how i see it and with the changes that has been made im surprised that so many are up in arms.
this season was always going to be a mixed bag and 4th place a dream :nod
we are in for a very very very long summer
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby heimdall » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:02 pm

Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:51 pm wrote:I didnt come on here last night because I couldnt be assed reading all the doom and gloom plus the FSG must go and BR with them cr@p that always follows a defeat..

Some people have said this a few times this season "2 steps forward, 1 step back".  I think last night definately falls into this catagory after some really good performances (even if we havent got too many points from them).  However last time I looked, if we carry on with "2 steps forward, 1 step back" we are still moving in the right direction!

We have a new manager, lots of new players playing a new system, it takes time, more than 1 season to get the huge change you want.

I am pleased with the way things are going under Brendan Rogers, sure he is making a few mistakes, but he seems to be correctling them as he is going along.  We are playing more attacking football which I am loving watching.  We now need to add consistancy.. It will come...

If we are moving forwards can someone please explain why we have the lowest points total at this stage of all our premiership campaigns, where is the progress becuase its not in points??
heimdall

Postby tubby » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:33 pm

It's because your still active on the forum mate. I think as soon as you stop logging in we will start picking up points.  :laugh:
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:45 pm

tubby » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:33 pm wrote:It's because your still active on the forum mate. I think as soon as you stop logging in we will start picking up points.  :laugh:

hmm well the thought of supporting a midtable team is not particularly appealing and with the combination of no-balls Brendan and tight fisted FSG I can see no other outcome, who knows maybe you'll get your wish or perhaps I find a better forum.  :D
heimdall

Postby Simari » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:58 pm

heimdall » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:02 pm wrote:
Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:51 pm wrote:I didnt come on here last night because I couldnt be assed reading all the doom and gloom plus the FSG must go and BR with them cr@p that always follows a defeat..

If we are moving forwards can someone please explain why we have the lowest points total at this stage of all our premiership campaigns, where is the progress becuase its not in points??

I'm in agreement with OMB here. Only thing I'd ask you to consider is that we need 16 from a possible 36 points to better our total from last year. I think we are playing the sort of football and getting results, although inconsistantly, that will ensure we beat that total. We ranked 17 out of 20 over the 2nd half of last season...pulling in 19 points.
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby dundreamin » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:05 pm

Jesus anybody who thinks we played well are seriously deluded and should seek medical help immediately. You poor souls maybe the medication will help
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby JC_81 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:08 pm

Been that angry at this game I haven't been able to post til now.

We got absolutely mugged in that game.  We had all the play and just before the pen was given we'd had 15 shots and WBA hadn't mustered one attempt.  We miss the pen, they manage their first shot and score from the resulting corner.  The second goal was on the cards because we were taking so many risks and were completely deflated after the first goal.

We didn't play brilliantly, but we did play well and anyone who argues otherwise didn't watch the game.  We completely dominated the possession and created all the chances up until the pen was missed on 77 mins.

There were individual poor performances, mainly Johnson and Enrique, who have otherwise been brilliant for us this season.  Shelvey was the strange pick and I agree with those who would've kept the midfield trio of Hendo, Lucas and Gerrard and played Borini/Sterling instead of Shelvey, while keeping the same shape as last few games.  Hindsight's a wonderful thing though.  Shelvey didn't play well.  Suarez wasn't on top form either.

Where my main gripe with Rodgers on the night was, was taking off Downing and Hendo who were our best players on the night.  But again that's just hindsight and if Borini or Coutinho had banged in a winner I wouldn't have been complaining.

That has to be the freakiest double ever.  We dominated WBA at the Hawthorns first half and should've been out of sight.  We somehow lose three nil conceeding two pens and getting a red card in the process.  At Anfield it was so one sided WBA were time wasting after 55 minutes.  55 minutes!  And we miss a pen and concede 2 late goals.  Absolute joke.

Joke or not though 4th place is gone now.  No chance we're making up 12 points in 12 games on Spurs.  I'd be tempted now to throw all our efforts into the Europa league.  Personally I don't give a fu.ck whether we finish 5th or 15th in the league now.  It's mid table as far as I'm concerned and I'd rather win something.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Entourage » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:52 pm

Steven Gerrard never looked like he was going to score that Penalty for me, I'm not blaming him either for the loss that was just one factor.

Yeah we battered WBA but can anyone tell me apart from his 2 saves from Gerrard and Johnson's first half volley where else did Foster make a meaningful save? We couldn't break them down to create clear cut chances. Was so poor considering the last two performances.

There was some shocking performances and I don't need to go into detail and tell you who and why, it was bloody obvious.

1 step forward, 2 steps back.
Entourage
LFC Basic Member

Postby RedHands » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:25 am

Jesus anybody who thinks we played well are seriously deluded and should seek medical help immediately. You poor souls maybe the medication will help

I don't think we played badly. Bottom line is we have got to put these teams away when we have the chance. I think Gerrard scores the peno, we win the game.
RedHands
LFC Basic Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games