LIVERPOOL V WBA Monday 11th Feb KO 8.00 pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby dundreamin » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:17 pm

A very important game going to waste them 4-0
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:47 pm

hopefully we will stuff em good and proper but i remember saying the same thing the night before we played them in august :D .
we are on a good roll at the minute so hopefully we wont get carried away and think all we have to do is show up to win.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:53 pm

We're playing relatively well right now, and they aren't.  Signs say we should have another 3 or 4-0 win like we've been having against the lower clubs.  I feel pretty confident about this one, especially with the problems going on right now at WBA with Odemwingie and everything.  I don't think they have the confidence or belief that they can come to Anfield and win.

With that said, Clarke is still the manager, and I'm sure there's some strong sentimental stuff going on with him.  They know a win or even a point at Anfield could turn the season back the way it started.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby killerp » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:52 am

Be nothing worse then seeing Westbrom go above us.

3-2 to us, don't think it will be an easy game.
killerp

Postby RedHands » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:27 am

Must win game right here. West Brom are a pretty physical side with the likes of Olsson and Ridgewell and they will definitely have a go at us. Although with their recent form being atrocious, I think we will get the W here.
RedHands
LFC Basic Member

Postby LFC1990 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:53 am

Hope Rodgers doesnt put Sturridge on the bench as he couldnt make the England game. If theres any problems play him until we are 3-0 up then take him off.

West brom will let us play football. They are a counter attacking side with the pace of Long and Lukaku.

Great to see an appearnce from Coutinho. Carragher got raped by lukaku in the cup this year so I think id start Skrtel and Agger along with Johnson and Enrique to make up our back 4.

It would be an absolute insult if Henderson didnt start after recent performances. A midfield 3 of Hendo Gerrard and Lucas is looking good but got a feeling Rodgers could recall Allen.

Front 3 of Suarez, Sturridge and id hope Coutinho. But could see Borini and Downing making their way into the line up.

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:32 am

Coutinho hasn't played for a couple months and only started training again on wed - the most expect is for him to be on the bench
Benny The Noon

Postby mkingdom » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:20 pm

Looks like Sturridge won't play (twitter rumours so bound to be correct).

Coutinho on for ten minutes at most, so it looks like Borini should get his chance.  Other than that I see no need to change the side that drew the last two.  I'd leave Carra in purely for the reaction he will get from the crowd, which might up the atmosphere for the whole game.  Plus he has done nothing wrong.

With Europe next the likes of Allen, Shelvey and Skertl will get their chance to play.
mkingdom

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:41 pm

even without sturridge we should beat these. home form has been good recently and west brom are on a terrible run.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:12 pm

we are playing as well as anyone in the league right now but it`s up to us to sustain this form right to the end of season in order to prove that our recent performances are becoming the norm and not just a flash in the pan.
west brom have enough weapons to cause us real trouble if we let them get a foothold in the game so we`ve got to get after them early, we cant afford any more of those lethargic starts that we had against stoke or at old trafford.
scoring a relatively early goal seems to be the key against these types of sides at anfield, if we score early it tends to throw a spanner in their works so hopefully someone can put one away inside the first twenty minutes or so.
this is a big game, if we dont win this catching spurs would be very improbable if not almost impossible, trying to make up 12 points in 12 games on a decent side like spurs would be a huge ask especially when your a side that couldnt even beat a struggling west brom side at home.
we need to win and we need to get 4th, i`m not looking forward to the summer if we dont get 4th.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:51 pm

rumours that shelvey in for sturridge is the only change from the city game. bit strange if true.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:03 pm

stmichael » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:51 pm wrote:rumours that shelvey in for sturridge is the only change from the city game. bit strange if true.

in terms of keeping the balance of the side i dont think shelvey`s game particularly suits playing in one of the wide positions in a front 3, i think rodgers would be better off bringing in someone like sterling, coutinho, borini or even assaidi to partner luis and downing up front.
even enrique would be a better option than john-joe to play on the flank imo.
i think the way rodgers is looking at it though is that shelvey is more than capable of scoring a goal.
if that is his thinking then fair enough but i hope he doesnt start messing around with the shape of the midfield by shoving hendo out wide or anything like that, if it`s not broke dont try to fix it.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby zarababe » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:18 pm

Well nothing short of a win will do, when I see Sothampton thrash Manc City 3-1, just shows how silly our dropped points have been.

Suraez hatrick and Sturridge to score, at least

4-0 to us .. or else !
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:28 pm

zarababe » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:18 pm wrote:Well nothing short of a win will do, when I see Sothampton thrash Manc City 3-1, just shows how silly our dropped points have been.

Suraez hatrick and Sturridge to score, at least

4-0 to us .. or else !

Sturridge is injured
Benny The Noon

Postby LFC1990 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:08 pm

No he isn't

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games