LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:57 pm

I also thought Coutinho was excellent tonight
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:57 pm

Boocity » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:49 pm wrote:
only me » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:47 pm wrote:Assuming we don't lose this :) BR for God sake keep this starting lineup. Gerrard can play another time

No chance, SG will be the first name on the team sheet next game

Agree. I think he will look at it as Leicester at home and give a Gerrard a run out seeing as the oppo are not upto much. To be honest, during this period, I wouldn't have too much of a go at BR for rotating what with the amount of games in a short period of time, but going forward, he needs to have a serious think about how he is going to use Gerrard, as for me he doesn't have the legs to play a pressing style and it is causing us issues
Doeboy

Postby eds » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:05 pm

Been a s**ty season so far, so enjoyed us tonking Swansea.

A lot of positives to take forward into the New Year, if we can beat Leicester in a few days we will climb up a few more positions.

Coutinho seems to be reaching the same lofty heights he hit last season, Sterling has begun to chase more and more lost causes (ala Suarez last season), Lallana has improved over the last few games and our defensive midfield with Lucas and Can seemed to have deflected most of the opposition's attacks.

I have said it before and will say it again, if we can find quality keeper to replace Mignolet and bring in a world class striker to relive the burden on an injury prone Sturridge, we will have a very strong end to the season. I'm just praying we don't f**k this up like most of the recent dross we have brought in, just hoping the club including our scouts, Rodgers and suits give us another Jan window like the one we saw Coutinho and Sturridge arrive.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:10 pm

Much better second half than the first  :nod  some good movement and passing which created better intensity. Thought swansea were very poor though but you can only beat whats put in front of you and we did that convincingly.
lallana was very good but again coutinho is the one who makes it all tick for us. Both of them were head and shoulders above the rest tonight.
Its time to get sterling out of that role as he is wasted there and its beginning to frustrate him.
A long way to go but at last showing some consistency  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:13 pm

eds » Dec 29th, '14, 23:05 wrote:Been a s**ty season so far, so enjoyed us tonking Swansea.

I'm just praying we don't f**k this up like most of the recent dross we have brought in, just hoping the club including our scouts, Rodgers and suits give us another Jan window like the one we saw Coutinho and Sturridge arrive.

Lol eds, if only Monopoly money was real. In all seriousness, I think it will be a GK on a pre contract for next summer only. (Sell to buy policy)

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:14 pm

eds » Dec 29th, '14, 23:05 wrote:Been a s**ty season so far, so enjoyed us tonking Swansea.

I'm just praying we don't f**k this up like most of the recent dross we have brought in, just hoping the club including our scouts, Rodgers and suits give us another Jan window like the one we saw Coutinho and Sturridge arrive.

Lol eds, if only Monopoly money was real. In all seriousness, I think it will be a GK on a pre contract for next summer only. (Sell to buy policy)

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Doeboy » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:34 pm

On a side note, how bad was Shelvey for them. Just glad we got rid of him, he looks a sunday league player
Doeboy

Postby eds » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:34 pm

Kash_Mountain » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:14 pm wrote:

Goal-keepers cost the least out of any position in a side, so don't know why you would think we would need to spend a fortune on them?   :laugh:

Allen, Lucas and Borini need to be sold as they are not required and will probably give us the greatest return (from the sea of deadwood we currently have), and using it in terms of getting a decent striker.

My point is that if we were to sell any of them that we don't waste it on more 19 or 20yos or a washed up 30yo + player............
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:40 pm

This 3 at the back system definitely suits this group of players and wether Brendan planned it or stumbled across it he deserves credit for turning things around.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:08 am

eds » Dec 29th, '14, 23:34 wrote:

Goal-keepers cost the least out of any position in a side, so don't know why you would think we would need to spend a fortune on them?   :laugh:

Allen, Lucas and Borini need to be sold as they are not required and will probably give us the greatest return (from the sea of deadwood we currently have), and using it in terms of getting a decent striker.

My point is that if we were to sell any of them that we don't waste it on more 19 or 20yos or a washed up 30yo + player............

I know what you mean, I only hope other clubs want to sign those that LFC no longer want. Lucas may be of to Italy in Jan or next Summer. Borini wants to stay and prove himself at LFC. The other thing is that FFP is a sticking point (wages are one of the big issues for LFC amongst other things)

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:41 am

I thought our  second half performance was exceptional Lallana and Coutinho are just magical players ,Can was brilliant and some of his passing was exquisite
Lucas completely bossed the midfield along with Henderson and Sakho was excellent at the back ,his composure and deft footwork really impressed me.

Markovic could have had a handful of assists ,and he feeds strikers .....Kudos to Rodgers for finally garnering the stones to drop Gerrard ,every player knew
what their respective roles were and performed them to the letter ,its great to finally see the return of sweeping fluent football.

Good atmosphere at Anfield ,but Swansea fans sang some vile songs tonight,it seems the Welsh aren't exactly enamoured with Scousers.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:53 am

eds » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:34 pm wrote:

I wouldn't sell Lucas mate, it's no coincidence that our form has improved since he got back into the side.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:13 am

Best performance at Anfield this season. Dominated the first half and played some lovely stuff in the second. The team just worked well. The blend was right. Two centre backs (Sakho and Can) who are willing and able to slide the ball forward along the ground into people’s feet and two proper wingbacks. Hendo’s best game in a while and Lallana and Coutinho were magic. Sterling struggled and was bullied a bit and needs to learn how to make short movements at the right time so that he’s not always receiving the ball back to goal with the centre back touch tight.

Will sleep well tonight.
Eagle

Postby Dundreamin is back » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:50 am

Best display since Spurs game IMHO not many sides put 4 past Swansea. Let's hope this continues right to the end of the season. It's amazing how a win lifts my spirits
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games