STOKE CITY VS LIVERPOOL - Carling cup

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Boocity » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:16 am

I'm p!ssed off that the clocks have gone back, evening games now don't kick off until 11.45pm here
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:54 am

Boocity wrote:I'm p!ssed off that the clocks have gone back, evening games now don't kick off until 11.45pm here

Could be worse, it kicks off at 5:30am where I am  :(
killerp

Postby Boocity » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:29 am

killerp wrote:
Boocity wrote:I'm p!ssed off that the clocks have gone back, evening games now don't kick off until 11.45pm here

Could be worse, it kicks off at 5:30am where I am  :(

At least you can get up early and watch it before you go to work.  :D
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:37 pm

metalhead wrote:
aCe' wrote:We need to put out a strong side but we also need to give some of our more established substitutes some game time. For me, Kuyt, Adam and Suarez should be dropped to the bench for this one. Bellamy, Henderson and Carroll can come in and try to prove their worth. Ideally, we'll try to give as much playing time to our strongest back 5 so expect all of Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Agger (assuming he is now fully fit), Enrique to start here. Down the middle, Lucas should be back and Gerrard needs more time.

Leaves one big question mark. Downing or Maxi ?

Downing has been disappointing recently but then again hes been played out of position often. Also, he is arguably our best bet for crosses from wide areas and his partnership with Enrique showed promise early on.
On the other hand, Maxi has been inexplicably shut out of the first team this season despite impressing at every chance since Kenny took over. He HAS TO feature in this game at some point.

This is what I expect/hope for:

Reina
Johnson        Carra           Skrtel          Enrique
                   Lucas         Henderson
Bellamy                                            Downing
                           Gerrard
                            Carrol

I like your lineup, however, I would like to see Agger back there instead of Carra or Skrtel.

Maybe give Coates a game.

Anyways I predict a scrappy 2-1 win for us

yea i meant Agger.. Wrote his name up there in the first paragraph then put Skrtel in the setup at the bottom for some reason.  If hes fit then I'd rather he starts against Stoke here.
The back4 need as much time together as possible and since we have no European games to contend with we can surely afford to give them a few extra games in the cups.

Carra has to start for me. For all the criticism he gets, hes still our best chance to defend against Crouch.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:34 pm

gerrard and enrique haven't travelled
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:05 pm

What worries me the most is we have only mustered 2 points in four seasons at Stoke. This tie has extra time written all over it.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alwayslfc » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:35 pm

I predict a scrappy game where the winner (hopefully Liverpool) would win with a 1 goal margin
alwayslfc

Postby jacdaniel » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:57 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:What worries me the most is we have only mustered 2 points in four seasons at Stoke. This tie has extra time written all over it.

me too.  and possibly pens.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:54 pm

Actually worried about this one, expect this to be a tough game. Stoke are like dogs of war, they will fight tooth and nail, and as per the previous posts, we haven't done they great in recent times against them.

I'm hopeing that we don't see any of the theatrics from Suarez.  Hopefully, Carroll will play tonight and grab a goal or two to at least to pump up his confidence.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby parchpea » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:14 pm

Not confident really and we will have to do better than we have recently to go through. We should be winning really when you consider the potential line ups but somehow you just know we will probably struggle again. I hope to be surprised.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby jimmy brighton » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:43 pm

I have a feeling we may do well here. This is Stoke's third game in six days so hopefully they will be suffering a little fatigue. I think our boys will be determined to show that they can finish a couple of the hundreds of chances they create!!
joey ate the frogs legs
made the swiss roll
now he's munching gladback
jimmy brighton
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:46 pm

apparently this is the team.....

Reina

Kelly - Coates - Agger - Johnson

Downing - Spearing - Lucas - Maxi

Kuyt - Carroll

That team doesnt fill me with confidence at all.  I thought we wanted to win this trophy? 
I have a bad feeling about tonight and from reading the posts above I think others do too.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:07 pm

if thats the team we're on a hiding .  I would predict ...      Stoke 4 - 1 LFC

Nah fuk it,     4 - 1 to the REDS!! :laugh:
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:07 pm

I actually like the look of it, Carroll might make it hard for Maxi and Kuyt to do well but I like Spearing and Lucas in the middle that will help us a lot and Coates Agger at the back is solid.  This was always going to be a hard game with or without our absolute best starting XI.  I think this team will wear them down and Suarez will come on late and hopefully put 1 or 2 past them.  It's a good strategy imo if we go into it with this team, wear them down then go for the kill late.  These games are never filled with goals anyway so hoping to nick it in the end is a good plan.  I know people want us to go and batter them but honestly we haven't ever done that to Stoke no matter who was playing.
Zidane

Postby Zidane » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:55 pm

Pepe, Kelly Carra Coates Agger, Spearing Lucas Maxi Henderson, Suarez Carroll

According to someone else so who knows.  Looks like we will be trying to win 1-0 either way.
Zidane

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games