Newcastle V Liverpool - EPL - Sunday 6th December - KO: 4pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby only me » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:37 pm

Klopp was pretty late in injecting change into the lineup and just curious why would you tinker with a roster that just scored 6 goals....
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:04 pm

Could almost see that result coming after the recent hype we've had.

Too many players didn't show up today - Clyne, Lucas, Milner, Firmino and Benteke were all abysmal.

Frustrating thing is Newcastle were poor too and even as bad as we were we shouldve won. Benteke should have scored first half. Then we score an OG, then Moreno's cracker is unjustly ruled offside. They killed the game when we were pushing for the equaliser. Even at 1-0 down late on Lovren had 2 golden opportunities to head us level and he fluffed both.

F**king can't stand Newcastle. And because I work in the North east I've a week of abuse to take after that...
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:36 pm

JC_81 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:04 pm wrote:Could almost see that result coming after the recent hype we've had.

Too many players didn't show up today - Clyne, Lucas, Milner, Firmino and Benteke were all abysmal.

Frustrating thing is Newcastle were poor too and even as bad as we were we shouldve won. Benteke should have scored first half. Then we score an OG, then Moreno's cracker is unjustly ruled offside. They killed the game when we were pushing for the equaliser. Even at 1-0 down late on Lovren had 2 golden opportunities to head us level and he fluffed both.

F**king can't stand Newcastle. And because I work in the North east I've a week of abuse to take after that...

Yep, Jurgen is a top manager but that shyte (blowing big opportunities) has been happening for 25 years and he's not going to change that in 5 minutes. What makes it even more galling is that before today Newcastles form has been a bit of a running joke throughout the whole effing league, even poor sides have been putting 4 and 5 past them.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Mikz » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:37 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:32 pm wrote:
redshade » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:51 pm wrote:Yup JK himself even said he doesn't get why the lads didn't press as they normally do. I think after the 6-1 win and with our away record maybe the players though it was going to be a walk in the park. Could be over confidence hmm...
Well its a reality check, if we want to progress we must give 100% in every game regardless of who the opposition is.

That game was exactly the reason why we need a strong character in the middle of the park, you find in games like today's that once one player makes a sloppy pass or let's the ball run under his foot then that malaise spreads right through the team like wildfire, before you know it everyone is making silly little mistakes.
We started quite brightly and actually had them under the cosh for the opening 3 or 4 minutes but then Lucas let them off the hook by passing it to no one (he hit the fooking ball straight into touch) once he did that we went to pieces.
We have needed someone in the middle of the park who can grab a game the scruff of the neck for years and you never know maybe this game has come just at the right time, maybe after watching that debacle Jurgen will be tempted to get on the phone to Dortmund and ask them if Gundogan is available.

agree with that 100% ...thats where it was won today by anita lol
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:07 pm

To be fair I think we missed Can's physical presence in the middle of the park today as well, the pitch looked a bit slippy underfoot which allowed Newcastle's players to get stuck into us and to bully us off the ball. One or two tasty challenges went in too.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:52 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:07 pm wrote:To be fair I think we missed Can's physical presence in the middle of the park today as well, the pitch looked a bit slippy underfoot which allowed Newcastle's players to get stuck into us and to bully us off the ball. One or two tasty challenges went in too.

Can isn't a game changer Yaka....We weren't mentally  prepered for a season changing opportunity. Staff and players.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:03 pm

I think we missed Coutinho.
If Couts was avail i think him firmy, studge and lallana would've pulled a victory.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:09 pm

only me » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:52 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:07 pm wrote:To be fair I think we missed Can's physical presence in the middle of the park today as well, the pitch looked a bit slippy underfoot which allowed Newcastle's players to get stuck into us and to bully us off the ball. One or two tasty challenges went in too.

Can isn't a game changer Yaka....We weren't mentally  prepered for a season changing opportunity. Staff and players.

Your right he's not a game changer but he's a big lad who doesn't get shoved off the ball easily, we were bullied today in the middle of the pitch.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:15 am

Even though he blows hot and cold, Coutinho is our key creative weapon. He would have carved this sh.ite to pieces today and we really missed his ingenuity out there.

Bad result but let's put this blight behind us.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:24 am

These are the games that Klopp has to experience before we more forward. The games where players don't show up against lesser opposition because they think they can turn up and win without doing feck all.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:35 am

That was terrible, absolute tosh and we threw away 3 golden points. Reminded me of a BR style game.

No leadership, no central figures, no one dictating play.

The passing was horrendous, the crossing was a clueless, aimless hoofs, the was no structure to the game.

IBE is a fecking joke, a complete waste of space sprinting up the field then either pumping in an aimless cross, giving the ball away or simply running out of ideas. He should in in the U18's. Joe Allen works but achieves nothing, Lovren still shakey.

We really missed the lads out injured today.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:46 am

Reg » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:35 pm wrote:That was terrible, absolute tosh and we threw away 3 golden points. Reminded me of a BR style game.

No leadership, no central figures, no one dictating play.

The passing was horrendous, the crossing was a clueless, aimless hoofs, the was no structure to the game.

IBE is a fecking joke, a complete waste of space sprinting up the field then either pumping in an aimless cross, giving the ball away or simply running out of ideas. He should in in the U18's. Joe Allen works but achieves nothing, Lovren still shakey.

We really missed the lads out injured today.

As i say, this is what Klopp has to see. Ibe is a prospect for the future, but he's a (very) poor man's Sterling at the moment and we need more quality out wide and in the middle of the park
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:50 am

Everyone went into this game thinking 4-0 romp, I think even our players believed that.

We are still Liverpool, predictably unpredictable.
killerp

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:44 am

I doubt any team with Milner, Lucas and Allen in midfield would win a lot of games? Lucas was back to his woeful best and Milner runs round quite a bit? Allens got a big heart but is too weak to be effective.
I was disappointed in the starting line up but even more that I could see the disaster unfolding after 20 minutes, yet the manager persisted with the same players until it was too late to do anything?
Baffling??
:upside:
Thommo's perm

Postby Reg » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:50 am

Agree 100% mate.  Kick off was midnight, after 20 minutes the writing was on the wall, after 30 I left the bar, by 1am I was tucked up.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games