Newcastle V Liverpool - EPL - Sunday 6th December - KO: 4pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:16 pm

maguskwt » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:09 pm wrote:Btw Joe allen and Milner were so unimaginative and Firmino was just terrible!

I can't believe this.  I'm agreeing with your last two posts.

What the hell is happening to me???
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:17 pm

Newcastle played like they wanted the result more i guess. Lost opportunity for sure but hey were used to this pattern.
I think we all had a a slight feeling deep down that Newcastle pay get a result because were used to not taking advantage.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:20 pm

Klopp: "We scored a goal, but the linesman thought that because we were not good today there's no way we can score a world class goal!"
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sgs » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:21 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:58 pm wrote:Can't blame Klopp, big players didn't show up today (Benteke, Milner, Firminio) Ibe's final ball was poor all game. Lucas, Allen, Skrtel, Lovren all put shifts in. Really missed Coutinho and Can.

Seriously?

This is a 110% down on Klopp! Its his approach and the play for percentages that had us not building on the momentum from the cup game, and against the worst team in the league.

This had very little to do with Newcastle...

This is the side of Klopp's game I never liked. The EPL is not kind to managers playing the percentages....
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:26 pm

C-R » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:20 pm wrote:Klopp: "We scored a goal, but the linesman thought that because we were not good today there's no way we can score a world class goal!"

Haha! Funny...
We move on from this!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:27 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:08 pm wrote:Gutted !

I think many of us had a sneaking feeling this wouldn't be the walkover many were predicting.

Jammy goal for the bar codes settled the game but in truth they created far more opportunities than we did.

Sh*t Happens    :(

We move on   :buttrock

YES. We must keep on keeping on  :buttrock
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:29 pm

sgs » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:21 pm wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:58 pm wrote:Can't blame Klopp, big players didn't show up today (Benteke, Milner, Firminio) Ibe's final ball was poor all game. Lucas, Allen, Skrtel, Lovren all put shifts in. Really missed Coutinho and Can.

Seriously?

This is a 110% down on Klopp! Its his approach and the play for percentages that had us not building on the momentum from the cup game, and against the worst team in the league.

This had very little to do with Newcastle...

This is the side of Klopp's game I never liked. The EPL is not kind to managers playing the percentages....

The team that beat Soton carries so much momentum over...should not have tinker much (except for Can). Lesson for Klopp...don't fuck with a winning line up
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:34 pm

I also agree should have played our best 11. Studge and Origi should have started imo.
Benteke does hold the ball well and has a good shot but boy does he slow the pace down a lot.
Im sure a lot of issues will be addressed to the players and for JK its a learning curve.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:38 pm

Btw looks clearly onside to me.

https://youtu.be/Bnth6ND8MXU
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:44 pm

Benteke doesn't really press either, a lot of our recent performances have all come off the back of a good pressing game but it was practically non existent today. If anything they over ran and outnumbered us, not the other way round.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:51 pm

Yup JK himself even said he doesn't get why the lads didn't press as they normally do. I think after the 6-1 win and with our away record maybe the players though it was going to be a walk in the park. Could be over confidence hmm...
Well its a reality check, if we want to progress we must give 100% in every game regardless of who the opposition is.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:13 pm

Well that's football for you ,and taking the downs as well as the euphoria of our ups is part and parcel of it. At least now the media can drop this title talk nonsense. In Klopp's words after the game on being considered title contenders " "I’m sorry if someone is disappointed,maybe someone is laughing at this ,we’re not part of this discussion, I hope some people did something better on this Sunday than watching this game"

That's honest enough for me ,dismal performance best consigned to one of those days ....Ho hum
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:18 pm

Simple truth is the players got the hype and thought they were better than they are.
Slow cumbersome performance. Lucas and Allen abysmal today.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:29 pm

Penguins » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:18 pm wrote:Simple truth is the players got the hype and thought they were better than they are.
Slow cumbersome performance. Lucas and Allen abysmal today.

Agree. Intensity and desire wasn't there.  As though we could cruise through to a win in second gear. Needed a Stevie or Carra on the field to give the team a rocket
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:32 pm

redshade » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:51 pm wrote:Yup JK himself even said he doesn't get why the lads didn't press as they normally do. I think after the 6-1 win and with our away record maybe the players though it was going to be a walk in the park. Could be over confidence hmm...
Well its a reality check, if we want to progress we must give 100% in every game regardless of who the opposition is.

That game was exactly the reason why we need a strong character in the middle of the park, you find in games like today's that once one player makes a sloppy pass or let's the ball run under his foot then that malaise spreads right through the team like wildfire, before you know it everyone is making silly little mistakes.
We started quite brightly and actually had them under the cosh for the opening 3 or 4 minutes but then Lucas let them off the hook by passing it to no one (he hit the fooking ball straight into touch) once he did that we went to pieces.
We have needed someone in the middle of the park who can grab a game the scruff of the neck for years and you never know maybe this game has come just at the right time, maybe after watching that debacle Jurgen will be tempted to get on the phone to Dortmund and ask them if Gundogan is available.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games