ASTON VILLA VS LIVERPOOL - Sunday 18th December 2011 14.05pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby crazyhorse » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:49 pm

Good result, good performance.

Someone is in for an absolute tonking from us when it does click in front of goal.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alwayslfc » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:14 am

Good result and a generally good weekend because Arsenal lost and Chelsea dropped points. Spurs I think will finish 2nd/3rd. It's 4th that we're fighting for. That was the best game I've seen Liverpool played since the Bolton game.

Possession and play, we outclassed them but our finishing is still not good enough. We hit the woodwork twice and our luck is still sh*t. Kenny does make bizarre substitutions at times like taking off Suarez who was our best attacking player and replaced him with Carroll and from then on, it was all Villa's ball till the final whistle. This further proves that at the moment, Carroll is a liability to the team and should be benched or loan out. We urgently need a quality striker like Soldaldo to partner Suarez.
alwayslfc

Postby Johnny Boy » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:13 am

Good performance, players showed composure and passed the ball well, having said that they were terrible in what is usually a difficult game. Exactly the kind of opposition we need to beat away from home, so overall it was a very good win.

Looked solid at the back, I wasn't sure about Skrtel but he is getting better and better, having an unchanged back four is really helping and I wouldn't swap Johnson and Enrique for anyone in the league at the moment.

Despite hitting the woodwork I thought Suarez looked a little tired, probably off field problems affecting him a little. Downing, Henderson and Adam all did ok too.

Only criticism if it is one is I feel we should have scored more goals, they were there for the taking. It reminded me of the West Brom game, same scoreline but we could and probably should have scored a couple more really.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:25 am

Good performance, you would always take a 2-0 away result before kick off. Though by end  of that game my only complaint was it was pity we didnt giving goal difference a bigger boost
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Waldo » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:23 am

2-0 totally flattered Villa. We pretty much controlled the game from start to finish without firing on all cylinders. Again the concern is our inability to put away the many chances we are creating.

Another positive for me is the fact that I 'think' the formation yesterday is in anticipation of Gerrard returning sooner than many of us perhaps expect. Swap Shelvey and Gerrard :)
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:15 pm

andy_g wrote:good to get the three points but i feel we could have done so much better. as usual we had our bad luck with the hitting of woodwork but we really could and should have taken a pitiful aston villa to the cleaners. despite winning away from home we really lack a clinical cutting edge.

pretty much sums up how i feel. we were so in control but should have killed them off.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games