NEWCASTLE UNITED VS LIVERPOOL - Saturday 11th december 17.30pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby akumaface » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:37 pm

mart wrote:
akumaface wrote:But we lost because our CB can't handle their forward.

Our loss was a team effort. NC sucked, especially in defense. Just look at that old fart sol campbell. But imo our main problem is the same as we have had all season, we sit back and let the other team play.

Well, what can we do....Roy only knows one formation but really don't know who to blame anymore. Whether anyone backing Roy or not, Or whether it is or it isn't his fault, we need changes. Maybe Roy just doesn't have the luck we needed. I mean with the league so wide open this year, a couple of win streak can get us back to top 4....

And some news regarding the Boston Red Sox, they had shell out USD 300 million on 2 players. I guess there won't be any money left for us come Jan...
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby Rockthekop » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:39 pm

Greavesie wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:I'm not even angry because I'm not surprised. Hopefully now some people will wise up that backing this manager is not the wisest thing to do.

agree completely

The fact I'm not shocked says it all

Roys fault? Skrtel can't defend and our strikers couldn't take their chances.
Rockthekop

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:39 pm

burjennio wrote:
Redtribe wrote:
burjennio wrote:You can moan about tactics, not closing down etc simple fact is our defence isnt nearly good enough for a top football team. Andy Carroll humiliated Skrtel today, Kyrgiakos couldnt keep up with the second ball. We need to go back to having a big no nonsense defender and someone with a bit of pace and a football brain that can read the play and be in position for the second ball.

So frustrated here, that was a team that we should have run over today with the form we had going into it, but like I said our back line have no fight and our main striker was a shadow of his true self

Good news is Agger should be back next week.
He certainly has the footballing brain and more pace than skrtel and co...

Its a shame our manager doesnt rate him then

Should have used a Picard facepalm.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby burjennio » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:40 pm

akumaface wrote:
mart wrote:
akumaface wrote:But we lost because our CB can't handle their forward.

Our loss was a team effort. NC sucked, especially in defense. Just look at that old fart sol campbell. But imo our main problem is the same as we have had all season, we sit back and let the other team play.

Well, what can we do....Roy only knows one formation but really don't know who to blame anymore. Whether anyone backing Roy or not, Or whether it is or it isn't his fault, we need changes. Maybe Roy just doesn't have the luck we needed. I mean with the league so wide open this year, a couple of win streak can get us back to top 4....

And some news regarding the Boston Red Sox, they had shell out USD 300 million on 2 players. I guess there won't be any money left for us come Jan...

And I thought we overspent on Glen fecking Johnson ffs!
burjennio

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:42 pm

Wish they would spend that type of money on us.
ruskiy playmaker

Postby metalhead » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:43 pm

Roy has to take the blame too, he looked rather lost when we lost the grips of the game. He should introduced some players earlier, like Jovanovic or Cole, or should have taken Torres off for being a numpty. As much as Newcastle were shyte, they were more determined and they wanted to win more.

:(
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:45 pm

ruskiy playmaker wrote:Wish they would spend that type of money on us.

maybe they have money but they won't give to Roy ... they might afraid that Roy will raid all Fulham players to replace our current players now ...
LiverpoolMadman

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:47 pm

metalhead wrote:Roy has to take the blame too, he looked rather lost when we lost the grips of the game. He should introduced some players earlier, like Jovanovic or Cole, or should have taken Torres off for being a numpty. As much as Newcastle were shyte, they were more determined and they wanted to win more.

Youve got a point Metal, he's not exactly the best when it comes to making the right subs.  Don't know if he's clueless or that he's just stubborn like Rafa was.
ruskiy playmaker

Postby burjennio » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:47 pm

Certainly MH he has to accept some blame - he failed to react when they brought Granger on, we were bossing it up until then and the kids pace and aggression got Newcastle revving again, but unfortunatey it made us drop into our shell and defend deep and give the ball away too much. I dont know if thats bad management or a lack of leadership on the pitch but as soon as that sub was made we were done as an attacking force
burjennio

Postby Dundalk » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:47 pm

Of course Roy has to take some of the blame, he is the manager and the buck stops with him.

Cole was ready to come on, the guy on ESPN said so but then Ngog got injured and Babel came on instead.

We should have had the game sown up well before Barton scored but we fluffed our lines up front again. I can understand Torres has a big repudiation but if anyone else performed like that they wouldnt get near the first team next week.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby OneHotRed » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:51 pm

Again agreed, he does shoulder some of the blame, hes the manager, but it was by no means a large portion of the blame, as Dundalk said, subs were going to be made but were changed when Eggnog got busted up.

I can say hand on heart the defense and missed chances cost us today, im not a wind up merchant sticking up for him for the sake of it, but hes Liverpools manager, and I couldnt care if your a fellow scouse or a londoner, dont slag him off when theres nothing he could have done to stop the defensive shambles and missed chances today.
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:51 pm

metalhead wrote:Roy has to take the blame too, he looked rather lost when we lost the grips of the game. He should introduced some players earlier, like Jovanovic or Cole, or should have taken Torres off for being a numpty. As much as Newcastle were shyte, they were more determined and they wanted to win more.

Even when playing :censored:, Torres is a player that is capable of producing a moment of magic to save the day so I do understand his reluctance to take off Torres. But he could have made some other changes. I guess he thought the facerubbing would do the trick instead.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:52 pm

Roy summing up the match right now

'' Torres your rubbish, Skrtel your rubbish ''

wow they asked him how did Torres perform

you know what he said?

" I don't make comments on individual players ''

clearly p!ssed off at Torres right now
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:52 pm

Roy won't comment about Torres ?
LiverpoolMadman

Postby OneHotRed » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:53 pm

mart wrote:

Even when playing :censored:, Torres is a player that is capable of producing a moment of magic to save the day so I do understand his reluctance to take off Torres. But he could have made some other changes. I guess he thought the facerubbing would do the trick instead.

You mean the anger and emotion he was showing? he did look like a parkinsons sufferer with an itchy eyebrow, but it showed his frustration and anger at the shambles he just witnessed.
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games