MANCHESTER UNITED VS LIVERPOOL - Sunday, september 19th.

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Scottbot » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:43 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:but what is really a annoying is people have this pathetic theory that people who were behind previous manager want the current manager to fail just so they can be justified or to say I told you so

I haven't for one moment suggested this to be the case. The lack of balance (compared to previous seasons) is in your appraisal (on this occasion) of this game. We have had one successful game (the 4-1 joyous fantastic day that it was) in this corresponding fixture in the previous 6 years. Surely it's right to judge this one on those terms? You haven't.

We played poorly for much of the game today. Credit to us (not recognised by you, would have been in previous seasons but you won't admit to this) got back into it but ultimately got beaten by the better team. the 2nd best team in the country I might add.

I didn't expect to win today. would have been delighted with a draw. Gutted to lose but could see some positives in the way we went down. Happy to focus on those positives. This time last year you would have been too but you're not and that is the truth of it.
Last edited by Scottbot on Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:47 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:
Scottbot wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:Maxi is cat this season. Drop him. Give Amoo a lash at the first team. The lad has been on fire, has pace, is fearless....and he's eager. Enuff said. Maxi - you're history lad. Nice knowin' ya...

Dude, Maxi might be poor (I don't disagree) but Amoo is abillion miles away from being ready for the first team. He isn't a Premiership player and he never will be. League one or Championship at very best.

Happy to chuck a few quid down on that as well! :cool:

And how old do you HAVE to be to be ready for the first team ? Even if it's not about age, do you think the lad might offer more than Maxi, who seems to have one trick only ?

I don't think that is the issue dude. Maxi isn't up to it, agreed. Is Amoo ready to step in? Not a chance. Babel? Yep, would have been happy to see him start today. Pachecho? Deffo deserves a run from the start.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:04 pm

Scottbot wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:but what is really a annoying is people have this pathetic theory that people who were behind previous manager want the current manager to fail just so they can be justified or to say I told you so

I haven't for one moment suggested this to be the case. The lack of balance (compared to previous seasons) is in your appraisal (on this occasion) of this game. We have had one successful game (the 4-1 joyous fantastic day that it was) in this corresponding fixture in the previous 6 years. Surely it's right to judge this one on those terms? You haven't.

We played poorly for much of the game today. Credit to us (not recognised by you, would have been in previous seasons but you won't admit to this) got back into it but ultimately got beaten by the better team. the 2nd best team in the country I might add.

I didn't expect to win today. would have been delighted with a draw. Gutted to lose but could see some positives in the way we went down. Happy to focus on those positives. This time last year you would have been too but you're not and that is the truth of it.

Ok looking back to previous seasons we have battled away for the whole 90'mins and lost by the odd o Shea late goal or Ferdinand late goal or an early sending off - even last season we went one nil up and battled away all game long unt they for a late winner from park - yes we did brilliantly to get back to two all but we only really played for 15 mins in the game
Benny The Noon

Postby Fauxy » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:05 pm

Maxi was just completely shocking, he doesnt look bothered.

I would have rather seen Amoo simply because he would no doubt have worked his @ss off.
Fauxy

Postby Scottbot » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:10 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Ok looking back to previous seasons we have battled away for the whole 90'mins and lost by the odd o Shea late goal or Ferdinand late goal or an early sending off - even last season we went one nil up and battled away all game long unt they for a late winner from park - yes we did brilliantly to get back to two all but we only really played for 15 mins in the game

So why not judge this one in the same manner? Even in this response you are painting our previous efforts at trafford in a more more positive light than they deserve to be whilst conceding (begrudgingly) that today wasn't much different than our usual efforts at ot.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:18 pm

Scottbot wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Ok looking back to previous seasons we have battled away for the whole 90'mins and lost by the odd o Shea late goal or Ferdinand late goal or an early sending off - even last season we went one nil up and battled away all game long unt they for a late winner from park - yes we did brilliantly to get back to two all but we only really played for 15 mins in the game

So why not judge this one in the same manner? Even in this response you are painting our previous efforts at trafford in a more more positive light than they deserve to be whilst conceding (begrudgingly) that today wasn't much different than our usual efforts at ot.

I'm judging today's game alongside the rest of the performances this season and I use the word performance very loosely - in previous games and even last season we at least create chances ourselves in games ( just didn't take them ) and pressed and harassed the oppo and made them work for it- this is a manc team who were put under pressure by both bs and fulham and they got draws - we sat back and we didn't put them under enough pressure - we had a chance to steal three points but let them off as we sat back again after second goal .
Benny The Noon

Postby Scottbot » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:28 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:I'm judging today's game alongside the rest of the performances this season and I use the word performance very loosely - in previous games and even last season we at least create chances ourselves in games ( just didn't take them ) and pressed and harassed the oppo and made them work for it- this is a manc team who were put under pressure by both bs and fulham and they got draws - we sat back and we didn't put them under enough pressure - we had a chance to steal three points but let them off as we sat back again after second goal .

If you say so fella. I think you're posts so far this season are very biased (don't worry you're far from alone on both sides) and if you think different you're kidding yourself. "Pressed, harrassed and created chances" against them in previous seasons!? Have heard it all now, you're living in a benny world if you think our performances at ot have been any better (bar one) in the last 6 seasons. Complete dream world. This forum is shot to bits. Ruined by the petty squabbles and agenda of a majority of (once) excellent posters. Surely there is a better forum out there.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:34 pm

I think one thing that has come from all this ,is the cold hard fact the manager needs to concentrate on developing a solid and organised defence and changes need to be made in order to accomplish this ....its back to basics I'm afraid put all thoughts about challenging for the Champions League spots to the back of your minds because its not going to be pretty ....the managers tactics and formations that he utilised to great effect at Fulham are for whatever reason not working .... even if it means a change in personnel in the back line as everyone can see the current RB and LB are wholly inept when it comes to the basically simple premise of preventing wingers from putting dangerous crosses into the box ....sorry if that insults the posters who champion these two players but its the truth ..
I think if we get the defence right the team will start to yield results other than goals conceded .... just hope the manager is not so stubborn to admit he has been wrong and his formations and his approach to  games needs to change he needs to realize our expectations are decidedly higher than the Fulham's of this world
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:37 pm

The post wasn't meaning just our performances at old Trafford was more our overall performances over the seasons and this season . As for other forums they are all in the same sort of turmoil which is currently mirroring our club both on and off the pitch - I'm trying to post purely about football but it's getting hard when your having to justify your support every single day to posters who accuse me and others of invisible agendas .
Benny The Noon

Postby Scottbot » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:45 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:I'm trying to post purely about football but it's getting hard when your having to justify your support every single day to posters who accuse me and others of invisible agendas .

We'll just agree to disagree pal. Agenda is probably not the right word but the bottom line is there are only a handful of posters calling the game based PURELY on what they see. You are not one of them.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tim LFC » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:49 pm

Looking at match of the day, there's no wonder Torres is so :censored: off! I mean we have players with better service this year, Cole, Gerrard and Meireles should be threading balls to his feet, i hope he gets a lot more service in the next game and we attack for once, we might just even get a few goals. :p
Tim LFC

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:53 pm

Just watched the highlights on MOTD, granted it's edited, but we were well and truly stuffed out wide. Konchesky didn't get a decent challenge in for any of the crosses. And he went AWOL from the post for the first goal....funny, I thought it was a fairly elementary thing to get right i.e. stick to the post. That's exactly where he put the bleedin' ball - if he'd stayed put it was a simple block....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:55 pm

I'm sorry Scott but you can't say that and it's the sort of comment that gets the arguments going - people are too busy trying to read between the lines and trying to fit what people say into an idea they have already formed in their own mind. No matter what I post certain people will always thing I have some sort of hidden motive because I supported previous manager and I currently don't rate our current manager where as the truth is I'm just posting on what I see on the pitch and nothing else but some will never see that .
Benny The Noon

Postby Scottbot » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:57 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:I'm sorry Scott but you can't say that and it's the sort of comment that gets the arguments going - people are too busy trying to read between the lines and trying to fit what people say into an idea they have already formed in their own mind. No matter what I post certain people will always thing I have some sort of hidden motive because I supported previous manager and I currently don't rate our current manager where as the truth is I'm just posting on what I see on the pitch and nothing else but some will never see that .

I can and I have mate. It doesn't just apply to you however so apologies if it sounds like you're getting the brunt coz that isn't the way I mean it to look.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:35 pm

Feck me it's still going on on here :D

Look, we were second best on the day. I'm as gutted as the next man that we didn't get something out of it, and I was screaming me head off when Gerrard got the second, but the truth of it is we didn't play well enough, or weren't/aren't good enough.

I do think though that for spells we did pretty well. I'm not buying into the doom and gloom, because they are a good side and we gave it a shot.

I know Scott prolly has me down as the opposite to some of the OTT negatives on here, but with the greatest of respect I think I've been fairly honest of late. I don't really know why some people can't just let things go and see how the manager gets on, but seemingly they can't. The bit I don't really get is the rush to tell the world that you didn't want Roy in the first place and "things are panning out" just as you feared. Those of you who didn't want Roy made it abundantly clear at the time, so why not sit on your hands for a bit now and see how it pans out.

If he does feck it up there'll be plenty of scope for "I told you so's". The point is though surely that after five league matches it is utterly ridiculous to draw a conclusion one way or the other. This would apply if we'd won all five as well.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games