TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS LIVERPOOL - Sunday 18th september 1.30pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Reg » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:13 am

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:quick let's sell the whole team and then buy 11 of the worlds best players, oh yeah and buy a new ground and sack Kenny coz he is clueless....

SHOCKING SUPPORT FROM THE WORLDS BEST?

:angry:

You clearly either didn't watch the game or were pi$$ed out of your skull and remember nothing.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:01 am

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:quick let's sell the whole team and then buy 11 of the worlds best players, oh yeah and buy a new ground and sack Kenny coz he is clueless....

SHOCKING SUPPORT FROM THE WORLDS BEST?

:angry:

What part of playing like dog s**t, having 2 donkeys sent off and getting humilated 4-0 don't you understand sonny Jim?

Mindboggling lemming stuff going on here..........

:suspect:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:27 am

Not at all... However I can understand that we are currently a work in progress that have just come out of one of the worst times in our history under H & G and don't expect everything to run perfectly. I am quite prepared to give Carroll, Henderson, Adam and the rest of the team a chance.

The last two games have not been good, but let's get a bit of perspective here. Against Stoke we looked good apart from we just couldn't stick the ball on the net.

Spurs are one of our main opponents for 4th. They started brilliantly and deservedly beat us. I doubt if we had had 11 players on the pitch for the whole game they could have kept up the intensity they showed in the first half.  They have also been improving ever since Harry took over, that is not the case for us where is all reality we are only 6 months into our re-build.

They outplayed us... Will they do that at Anfield later this year? Doubt it.

Do we need to improve? Of course, but let's not forget how well we have played on other games this year and give Kenny, Steve and the boys a chance to get it right without asking for players to be replaced already, especially when people are asking for superstars to arrive when currently we can't even offer Champions League football. It's a joke! This is not Football Manager on your laptop boys, this is real football!

Get real people, this is a rebuilding process after the destruction of our club under G & H. It's going to take time and things are not always going to work out perfectly.

Our job is to support the team, some of our new players have been given no time at all to settle in before some are asking for them to get booted out.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Thinkpad » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:46 am

I think our players are pretty good. Just that the approached of the games are bad. The whole coaching staff need a kick in their a$$.
Get a pyscologist to deal with the players' mental condition and to improve confidence. The players seem to be in constant panic attack when opponents are nearby.
All they think about is "get rid of the ball".

What changes I want to see:
1) Players constantly moving about to create space and confuse the opponents. Standing there waiting for the pass to find and reach you just doesn't work.
We become easy to defend against. Passes are easily intercepted too. Move around and make the pass to open spaces where your temmates are running to and not behind them.
And most importantly, don't just kick the ball away or make a "dumb" pass. The players must make sure their passes are "intelligent" or "meaningful" most of the time.
Don't pass just to avoid opponents coming after you. I have been seeing alot of this "dumb" passes recently. In short, no more pinball football.

2) Let the players "free" to express their artistic flair. Let them be creative. Let them dribble. Set them free....

3) KK must have a "fixed" approach to games. Are we going to play attacking football like Brazil from now on? Or are we going to defend mostly in our remaining games?
The players must have a basic understanding and a united mind about what is expected from them.

4) Learn how to tackle. Our players doen't seem to know how to knock a ball off the opponents without knocking the opponents down completly.

5) Learn how to keep the ball when under pressured from 1... 2... or even 3 opponents.

6) Learn how to get tackles to your favour. The art of falling down is important. Get the free kick. Get the advantage and soon the opponents will back off.
Most of the time it is our players who backs off as the oppoenent have better skills in this department.
It is not to our advantage as we have found out. Master the art to create our own destiny and future. Don't let the refrees decide it, make the refrees decide it for you.
GET IT?!?!?!
Thinkpad

Postby HOMER » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:17 am

not posted for a few years, too anoyed with the ownership issues - would have been banned from the forum !

anyway about the game - cant blame carroll and suarez, strikers cant do anything without the ball. adebayor would not have done anything if he was playing up front for us yesterday.

the problem lies in midfield modric is absolute class, parker is one of the best holding midfielders in the prem, bale is lightning fast and kranjcar is technically very good - very balanced creative midfield.

compare it to ours yesterday (gerrard will make a big difference) but lucas never will be a defensive midfielder he was playing in an attacking role before he came to us and why benitez played him in front of the back four i'll never know - totall miss match yesterday, doesnt offer anything but free kicks.

adam - good when he has plenty of time on the ball but against parker he wasnt given a second and the top teams will not give him a second. decent squad player and good value for 7 mill tho.

downing - good signing although we tried to get ashley young first. again cant do anything without possession as lucas and adam gave the ball away far too easily.

henderson - worried about this signing I know he's young but we did pay 18 mill for him - is he a winger?  we had better options on bench - bellamy and kuyt.

simple fact is that spurs have better midfield players than us and that is where games are won and lost. no amount of coaching or changing formations will make these players compete with modric, bale and parker. tough task to get 4th this year.
HOMER

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:14 am

It was an overall pi'ss poor performance. Downing had no impact whatsoever and Henderson was invisible for most of the match. KK picked the wrong team, which is easy to say in hindsight, but I genuinly thought we would struggle with the team that was put out yesterday. We actually made spurs look better than they are by our woeful passing and movement,
Bad day at the office
:(
Thommo's perm

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:22 am

Ok so the referee added to our woes yesterday with his card happy attitude. With that said our performance stunk, from start to finish.

Never started, never look interested, never looked able.

No one is immune from criticism. Reina made a costly uncharacteristic error. The entire defence looked shaky. Skrtel got raped by Bale all game. Lucas and Adam we second to everything.

Even Kenny isn't immune, I think he made selection errors. Spurs was always going to be a test of possession and recovery of possession - we failed at both. Kuyt would of at least offered work rate, Henderson quite frankly looks lost at the moment. it was unfair to start Carroll against Spurs away, he clearly has no form or confidence.

But even after all that obvious sh!t I have just typed. The one thing that stuck out like a sore thumb yesterday was a distinct lack of leadership. The fact of the matter is we NEED Gerrard. I guarantee even with 10 men we would not of lost with Gerrard on the pitch. Lets hope and pray he plays on Wednesday and comes through unscathed.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:31 am

He should have played Kuyt, Maxi and Bellamy instead of Carroll, Henderson and Downing.
Flanagan or Robinson instead of Skrtl
The ref being a total w@nker didnt help either
Thommo's perm

Postby metalhead » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:56 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:. The fact of the matter is we NEED Gerrard. I guarantee even with 10 men we would not of lost with Gerrard on the pitch. Lets hope and pray he plays on Wednesday and comes through unscathed.

AND FAST!!!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:13 pm

The side is good enough to win without SG.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:38 pm

My personal opinion for what it's worth is that in January Kenny and his team need to look long and hard at our defense and possibly be quite ruthless with it.

Skyrtl is way below standard - sell him
Agger is too injury prone - sell him
Kelly - keep
Flano - keep for the future
Carragher - time to step down. offer him his coaching role.
Enrique - keep
Coates - keep
Johnson - Keep

then go and make defense a priority in Jan transfer window. 3x new CB's are a must and a new right back. All should be top quality and ready to fight for the 1st team places available.

as for the rest of the team, to be honest I think it was just a bad day. Never rated Adam anyway so I'd ship the fuker out in January, Carroll might come good I dunno, Suarez is fine, Downing is fine.

bad day - move on
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:49 pm

Appalling performance.. gutted !
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:00 pm

Reg wrote:The side is good enough to win without SG.

surprisingly no, Henderson isn't good enough to start and Adam and Lucas are not a good pair in the middle, I feel we are weaker in midfield than before. Remember the time we had Alonso? and when Gerrard got sent off against Everton in the derby game we still managed to win 3-1 even when we had a man down? Alonso bossed the midfield that day, we need someone like that
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:39 pm

metalhead wrote:
Reg wrote:The side is good enough to win without SG.

surprisingly no, Henderson isn't good enough to start and Adam and Lucas are not a good pair in the middle, I feel we are weaker in midfield than before. Remember the time we had Alonso? and when Gerrard got sent off against Everton in the derby game we still managed to win 3-1 even when we had a man down? Alonso bossed the midfield that day, we need someone like that

There is no flair or creativity in our central midfield with Stevie not available.
We look slow and pedestrian.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:41 pm

this is officially the last time i ever start a match thread :angry:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games