TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS LIVERPOOL - Sunday 18th september 1.30pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby stmichael » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:51 am

Lets face it this is a massive game and we also owe this lot one after recent seasons. 08/09 was more one sided than the Stoke game the other day. We battered them, hit the woodwork 4 times and then somehow lost to a freak own goal and a last minute winner. Last season we battered them, missed 3 one on ones at 1-0 up and ended up losing due to a freak own goal and last minute winner. That's not to mention 09/10 when Essou-Ekotto scored a screamer (his only ever league goal for Spurs) along with Bassong (his only ever league goal for Spurs).

Funnily enough I'm more confident of getting a result here than I was against Stoke. Spurs always play pretty open and I think that suits us as we can play on the counterattack. I'd personally play Bellamy from the start as he'd cause havoc against their defence with his pace.

If we show the same attitude and desire as we did in the second half against Stoke then surely our luck will turn? We can't be so unlucky again.

2-1 to us. Gerrard to hopefully come off the bench for 10-15 minutes.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:45 pm

Who coined it?

"Bounceabackability"
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:07 pm

stmichael wrote:Lets face it this is a massive game

Certainly is!  Lets face it... if we were to drop points and both Mancs win again, there'll already be a decent gap developing between us. 

Not being in Europe sucks because after that Stoke game I think everyone is desperate to get out there again and put things right.

Wouldnt change much with the team though.  Id leave Carroll on the bench again and start Bellamy who looked really lively and full of bottle at Stoke.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:33 pm

jacdaniel wrote:
stmichael wrote:Lets face it this is a massive game

Certainly is!  Lets face it... if we were to drop points and both Mancs win again, there'll already be a decent gap developing between us. 

Not being in Europe sucks because after that Stoke game I think everyone is desperate to get out there again and put things right.

Wouldnt change much with the team though.  Id leave Carroll on the bench again and start Bellamy who looked really lively and full of bottle at Stoke.

Why does it matter what either Manc team does?

We aren't realistically pushing for the title this year. Top 4 is our goal. If anything it is the Arsenal and Chelsea results we shoudl be looking out for as they are the teams struggling (either with results or performances) and the teams most likely to make way for a Liverpool top 4 finish.

I was disappointed with the Stoke result as much as anyone but the comparison to last seasons defeat to Stoke was stark. This time it was an extremely unlucky result not an embarrassing defeat.

We are still playing well enough to beat Spurs. We won't be missing those opportunities we had against Stoke again.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby haps » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:03 pm

We were very unlucky against Stoke.  Massively frustrating, games like that.  Still, we have to look ahead.  It's not that we played bad exactly and I think our style of play this season will be much harder for teams to cope with than previously.  The new look team is still bedding-in.  I'd also like to see Bellamy on from the start.  He's the type of forward that worries defenders - have to say at this stage, far more than Carroll would.  Beat Spurs and things will look much rosier again.  Should see Gerrard on the pitch for 20 minutes next Sunday, whatever way it's going. 

Also, Harry Redknapp's a sod.  I'd love to see his wobbly face plastered in misery as he realises his team have no chance of ever getting back in the CL and he might as well take that England job before someone notices he got lucky.
haps

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:07 pm

I'd love to see his wobbly face plastered in misery

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:11 pm

Kenny Kan wrote:

:D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:18 pm

stmichael wrote:
Kenny Kan wrote:

:D

:laugh:  :D

His face does wobble, even in still images.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:06 pm

For once (actually quite often), i'd really wish we could just hammer the opposition a bit like what the Mwanckers Utd have been doing of late. 

The question is, are we capable of scoring 5 + goals against the opposition at the moment and keeping a clean sheet off course ?

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:09 pm

Kenny Kan wrote:Who coined it?

"Bounceabackability"

Ian Dowie

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby ethanr » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:22 pm

I could see us starting Carroll and then bringing on Bellamy later.  Carroll isn't the player to come on and make a difference, he's much better starting.  They don't have the best CB's, so Carroll will just dominate.  We just need to make sure we don't play the long ball to him so often.  Then bring Bellamy on for Carroll if we need to early in the second half.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby metalhead » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:25 pm

a must win game no excuses, it might define our season
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:27 am

Agree, we have to lay down the challenge and sweep these busters aside.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:24 am

metalhead wrote:a must win game no excuses, it might define our season

Seems every game these days is one !

Hopefully we will continue where we left off at stoke and dominate the game, but with a little bit of luck the ball will be in the net.

Spuds wont park the bus like Stoke did, they also dont tend to harass you too much on the ball, so hopefully we will be able to go out and play a bit.

Any news on kelly, johnson and stevie? Would be q massive boost to have stevie on the bench for this, even if he dont get a game.

If kelly or johnson is fit then i would start them at RB, otherwise same starting 11.
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:07 pm

the ref is mike jones. my bet's on the beach ball scoring first. :angry:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games