MANCHESTER UNITED VS LIVERPOOL - Sunday, september 19th.

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:30 am

Ciggy wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:doesnt mean that we would have been better keeping a manager that was clearly failing.

Indeed it doesnt thats why when clubs have ambition they go out and get a better manager than the previous one, and our club has no ambition thats why we didnt get a better manager than the previous one.

We are slowly turning into Everton and Im as bitter as feck about it.

You are all as bad as each other.

If it isn't someone comparing Hodgson's tenure to Rafa's, it's blatant anti-Hodgson sentiment.

I eventually wanted Rafa out and I also was not convinced by the Hodgson appointment. But decisions happen, Hodgson may not be the greatest manager in the world but he is our manager, he deserves respect and at the least the same allowances as Rafa had when he was appointed.

Here's some tips for those looking to destroy the club from within -

*Quit the Rafa comparisons - it's unfair on both parties.
*Back the current manager - how some of you here can justify crucifying him already is beyond me.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:34 am

Ben Patrick wrote:Time will tell whether he is better than the previous manager.

Rafa is much younger than Roy and has won La Liga twice, been to the Champions league final twice won one and has won the Europa Cup Roy is 63 and has won none of these things.
Time already tells us that Rafa is a better manager by the trophys won on his CV.

His appointment is because the club expects us to lower our ambitions because they dont have any.

Anyway Ill stop going on about him now, Im doing my own head in moaning about him :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reds4life » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:38 am

let's just give Roy Hodgson time to prove himself.
Reds4life

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:38 am

Ciggy wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:Time will tell whether he is better than the previous manager.

Rafa is much younger than Roy and has won La Liga twice, been to the Champions league final twice won one and has won the Europa Cup Roy is 63 and has won none of these things.
Time already tells us that Rafa is a better manager by the trophys won on his CV.

His appointment is because the club expects us to lower our ambitions because they dont have any.

Anyway Ill stop going on about him now, Im doing my own head in moaning about him :D

It doesnt mean anything any of that ciggy.
Rafa had his chance and in the end we were going backwards.
Time will tell if Roy makes a better fist of it.
What he has done in the past isnt relevant tbh.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:39 am

Quote,that new players are terrible when they clearly aren't.

Thats is your opinion though Mick. i presume your talking about Poulson here ,because he is the one who a few including myself dont think is suitable or good enough, Yes i have been voiceful about him as i was under the impression he was brought in as a direct replacement for Javier , Well from what i have seen so far he comes nowhere near Javier . he is more of an older Lucas with less mobility , You like him as you have said . i dont rate him and i have said it . whats wrong in that .do we have to rate and like every player  Roy brings into the club, IMO waste of money as Lucas who is a very similar player can do a better job, but you think otherwise ,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:54 am

No we don't have to rate every player who comes into the club, people are entitled to their own opinions obviously. Konchesky I thought had a difficult day yesterday admittedly against a good winger, but if he doesn't do better than that he will be a poor buy. I think he will, but if he doesn't then I was wrong about saying he was a good buy.

Poulsen though isn't even a similar player to Lucas (or Masherano for that matter), and the posse have decided to high five each other while they're putting the boot into him. Anyone who can say he didn't have a positve influence on the game yesterday (particularly in the second half) is either blind or clueless. We've even had one of the crew telling us that Mereiles was rubbish as well :laugh: .

Look, I love to debate football with the next man (or woman) but when people decide to take the route of just being silly it becomes pointless. Saying Lucas is better than Poulsen isn't being silly (although it is a bit odd I think) but saying Populsen was rubbish/terrible yesterday IMHO is. One of the crew deemed Gerrard as poor yesterday as well, and there does come a point whereby debate borders on the bizarre and becomes daft.

This is the problem when people come out with some of the quite laughable stuff about the manager which we have seen since the pre season. It makes it hard to take anything they say seriously, about anything. I'm at that point with Benny now, I can't really bring myself to debate with him because he has gone off on a tangent into the land of the surreal.

We've got the same people who accused me of being a knee jerker because I criticised the previous manager after four seasons, slagging the current one after four games. I think Scott is right, it might be time to give it a miss for a while until people have returned to the land of reality. It's just plain silly on here at the moment, we lose 3-2 at Old Trafford and people are callign the manager a disgrace :laugh:.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:15 pm

The problem is BM you dont respect other peoples opinion - using words like blind , clueless , deluded etc etc and then putting people into groups - we now have to add crew and high fivers to your ever growing list and no idea how you come up with them all . You write 4 paragraphs each time you post with at least two of them pointing at other people and having sly digs left right and centre and another paragraph constantly going on about last season .

People at the moment are very unhappy with whats going on with the club as whole - they are looking at the picture and are not happy with what they are seeing - even if it is only 5 games into the season people dont like to see us with only 5 points - worst start to the season 16th in the league , poor performances , not creating enough on the pitch and letting teams dictate games against us . We all want improvement , we all want us to succeed no matter who the manager is - its about the club - we are all Liverpool fans at the end of the day and we all want the same thing - for Liverpool FC to be successful and maybe we should all realise this . There is no hidden agendas , no wanting us to fail so manager goes , no wanting us to fail so people can say " i told you so " . If people stop with the accusations then maybe the place might be a bit better but currently this forum and pretty much every forum is mirroring the turmoil of the club at present .
Benny The Noon

Postby Rimetto_ » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:21 pm

Ciggy wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:doesnt mean that we would have been better keeping a manager that was clearly failing.

Indeed it doesnt thats why when clubs have ambition they go out and get a better manager than the previous one, and our club has no ambition thats why we didnt get a better manager than the previous one.

We are slowly turning into Everton and Im as bitter as feck about it.

we have ambition we just don't have money.

and lets be real here was a manager of the calibre you expect going to come to us when the club is in such a state off the field. I DON'T THINK SO.

so we just need to accept our situation and get on with supporting the team and manager we have at the moment.
Rimetto_

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:31 pm

Mick who said Gerrard had a poor game yesterday ?
Even without the goals he was brilliant, our best player by a mile.
Ben Patrick

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:35 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:Mick who said Gerrard had a poor game yesterday ?

I think he is alluding to rocky who said both Gerrard and Meireles were poor and we miss aquilani  :D
Benny The Noon

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:39 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:

I think he is alluding to rocky who said both Gerrard and Meireles were poor and we miss aquilani  :D

Ah that makes sense if it was him  :D
Ben Patrick

Postby bigmick » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:39 pm

Some of these lot are whoppers Ben, they really are. I remember one corner we were defending 9not v ery well) which was flighted near post right onto Rooneys head till Gerrard come through three players and over the top to head it out. He cleared it out of our box half a dozen times, scored two goals and passed it really well, but he was sh!t  :laugh:
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:43 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:

Ah that makes sense if it was him  :D

Well it makes perfect sense that it was him that said it but no idea where he came to the conclusion that our two best players by a mile were poor .

Still think if they swapped positions on the pitch they would both be even more effective and im hoping Hodgson is just playing meireles further forward as he eases him into the prem .
Benny The Noon

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:58 pm

I think it was because it was united that they were in those positions mate.
Against sides were we have the majority of the posession i would think they will swap positions.
Ben Patrick

Postby Reg » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:03 pm

bigmick wrote:Nothing wrong with frustrated, so am I. Nothing wrong with being fecked off, so are we all after we got back to 2-2 and lost it. Nothing wrong with being disappointed we haven't improved either enough or more quickly, so am I. Nothing wrong with not wanting Roy as our manager in the first place, so didn't many.

All that said though, there IS something wrong in behaving like spoilt kids, there IS something wrong in gleefully jumping on the manager after FIVE matches and proclaiming that you are "fecking fuming" when he makes a marginal call you wouldn't have gone with, or that new players are terrible when they clearly aren't.

I don't have to "deal" with anything either Magus, TBPH I couldn't give a feck if you lot want to completely embarrass yourselves, and make no mistake that's exactly what you are doing. To proclaim that a manager is either succeeding or failing after five league games is ridiculous, absolutely bizarre. I think you lot are funny I really do, the only way in which I have to "deal" with the stuff you are coming out with is to laugh at it :laugh: .

I did expect such behaviour off of some of you because it was obvious that long before the previous manager had left you had lost any sense of reality, but I must congratulate you all you have surprised even me :D I expected that sometime around January one or two of you wouldbe revealing your true colours, but some of you didn't even wait until the pre season games were over :laugh: Unbelieveable really.

My next task is to work out whether in fact you are actually just completely without any semblance of a clue about football, or whether or not to just feel sorry for you all because you have lost the plot completely.

Mick your posts are the work of an artisté, the way you are distancing yourself from your fanatical hatred of Rafa and endless, endless posts last season dominating every thread determined to push your views onto this forum and battering anyone who disagreed into submission and now - you make equally rapid posts condemning anyone who is suggesting Woy isnt the right man. Its masterful mate, apart from the fact none of us are stupid and we all remember your fanatical spew of last year which makes your holier than thou attitude a joke.  You wanrt to take a step back mate because whilst your posts are pretty, they're also hollow.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games