Liverpool V Norwich - Sunday 20th September Kick off 16:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby leeroy74 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:57 pm

Yeah give BR a break here.  He's did everything right.  He can't actually put the ball in the net for us
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:12 pm

A solid performance is the least you should expect when playing against a below average team at home. We just HAD to win this one.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:16 pm

leeroy74 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:57 pm wrote:Yeah give BR a break here.  He's did everything right.  He can't actually put the ball in the net for us

What I will say though mate is that he needs to improve results and pretty sharpish as well, in a way he's lucky the summer arrived when it did because our last 15 or so results have been not only relegation form but probably sacking form too -

LLDWLWDLLWWDLLD

If that sequence of results happened back to back instead of being broken up by the off season he would almost certainly be gone now. For a club of our size (we are still the second biggest club in the country) runs like that shouldn't be acceptable, especially when we have spent £300m over the last 3 years. Brendan needs to get some W's on there and quick.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:20 pm

Don't think we were terrible but tremendous is way off. Unfortunately Mignolet costs us more points then he wins us. He is nowhere near the top keepers in the league. Likes of De Gea. Lloris, Cech, Courtouis, Begavic are miles in front of him and we simply need better than Mignolet
Doeboy

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:42 pm

Its like some of you weren't even expecting us to have a shot on target against the mighty Norwich in our own patch. Ruddy pulled off a few saves but he was hardly man of the match or under the kosh. We had something like 23 shots and 7 on target and in truth 3 of them might have been decent. Just because we piled on every attacker we could doesn't mean we deserved the 3 points or that rodgers is a fantastic manager on the verge of silencing every critic he's ever had.

Again we failed to hold on to a lead and again we failed to score another to kill it off. It isn't the first time we have played like this and there is no improvement at all from similar games last year. We can talk about this and that but the truth is that the closest anyone came to taking the 3 points was Norwich with the matt jarvis chance. Had that of went in could anyone see us coming back to even equalise ?. They were solid and organised for the best part of it and deserved their point.

I think we all agree that the current united team is total shyte but yet they played away today and came back from a goal down to win out 3-2 . That shyte team who doesn't have the attacking options or the squad we have but they do have a better manager and it makes all the f*ucking difference.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:55 pm

If the team played well though Red it's hard to criticise the manager.
Someone made a good point on a radio phone in before though, they said before the season started most fans regarded our early home matches against Bournemouth, West Ham and Norwich as must win games (especially given our fixture list) yet we have only managed to accrue 4 points out of the possible 9, and 3 of those were very generous.
He is definately under pressure, although improved performances like today's and last Thursday's may buy him more time.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:34 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:55 pm wrote:If the team played well though Red it's hard to criticise the manager.
Someone made a good point on a radio phone in before though, they said before the season started most fans regarded our early home matches against Bournemouth, West Ham and Norwich as must win games (especially given our fixture list) yet we have only managed to accrue 4 points out of the possible 9, and 3 of those were very generous.
He is definately under pressure, although improved performances like today's and last Thursday's may buy him more time.

Yaka we didn't play well...It was an optical illusion which we have seen so many times before...Same as against Bordeaux...It's what you expect from your academy players not from a competitive top premier league team....Our pressure game was better which led to the goal and some other half chances but we couldn't create shiite..Didn't help that Coutinho looked pathetic and the rest around him were going through the motions...Moreno and Sakho were superb which just highlights what a massive failure is this farce of a manager.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:17 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:55 pm wrote:If the team played well though Red it's hard to criticise the manager.

The buck stops with him yakka. He has failed to stop the slide of results since last year despite more investment. The team is still fragile and while he stopped the run of defeats it has to be noted the level of opposition they were against. Should we not be beating that level of opposition any more or is it accepted that that is where we are at ?
How many times have we been in this situation under him where its going to turn around only for it to never materialize ?. The only thing that has materialized is the amount of false dawn's he peddles.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:43 pm

This is a Norwich team largely consisting of Championship players ,a well drilled side full of workmanlike players ,Norwich have no supposed Superstars in their line up and yet for the first half they passed the ball with a confidence we can only dream of. I mean if we're going to seriously herald a draw as signs of improvement with the Norwich's of this league then the dumbing down of our expectations is well on course.

Only when Firmino was introduced did our link up play look fluent enough to surprise Norwich ,even Ings goal was spawned from a hopeful punt that dropped over the heads of the Norwich defence ,our entire performance albeit from Moreno and Sakho looked choked with fear.

I pray Milner playing the entirety of the game is not a pointer to our future ,because the fella was abysmal and brought about a raft of groans and collective sighs from the Kop. I actually thought (Lord help me ! ) we would win this one after flattering to deceive against Bordeaux in midweek ,but even against a very ordinary Norwich team we looked bound by the trepidation a loss would bring.

The Kop were brilliant ,he was right about that much ,but sitting there felt eerily like an awkward  first date, and if that performance entails removing the shackles the manager points to in his ridiculous post match interview ,then it seems obvious the man is too slow for inertia to take hold.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:10 pm

Apparently he's been delegating a lot of the coaching duties but now he's back to taking a more hands on approach, I'm not happy about his obsession with prem proven plodders but if he's prepared to revert back to his total football philosophy surely that is a step in the right direction?
I know Norwich aren't Barcelona but these types of teams can be tricky to beat at home, Rafa struggled with the Wigan's, Fulham's and Stoke's right through his 6 year tenure, in fact it was those types of teams that cost us the title in 08/09.
All I want is to see us playing good footy and having a right go at teams, I didn't see the game today I only listened to it on the radio but it sounded like we threw the kitchen sink at them, I don't expect us to win every game but I do expect us to give it everything and by the sounds of it our players didn't walk off that pitch today they got carried off on their shields.
Im not going to start having a go at the manager if he's just been unlucky.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:01 pm

Coutinho should really have played in Ings with that chance.Just seemed to hurtle in towards their keeper and cutting down his shooting angles at the same time.  Poor bit of play
Doeboy

Postby aCe' » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:08 pm

The result, and to a large extent the performance, were unacceptable. Norwich arent the worst side in the league, but they are firmly in that conversation. I thought the tempo in the first half was decent; the transition of the ball to the final third where the likes of Sturridge, Coutinho and Benteke get on the ball was much better than what we have done so far this season. In terms of creating clear cut chances, we struggled a bit and more often than not, Moreno seemed our best outlet.

I have a serious problem with playing 3 at the back. I also have issues with Milner starting. We can take a couple of positives from the game today... Sturridge is back and although he's nowhere near match ready he still looks like our best chance of getting the ball in the back of the net. 2 upfront is also a big bonus.

Outside that, we hardly put together decent goalscoring opportunities never mind a kitchen sink of any sort. We could have won it in the end but Norwich will equally feel they deserved the draw.

Signs of improvement ? We drew at home to Norwich, thats the bottom line.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:09 pm

God help our next opponent...we will hit them for 6...Milner hatrick
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:17 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:10 pm wrote:Apparently he's been delegating a lot of the coaching duties but now he's back to taking a more hands on approach, I'm not happy about his obsession with prem proven plodders but if he's prepared to revert back to his total football philosophy surely that is a step in the right direction?
I know Norwich aren't Barcelona but these types of teams can be tricky to beat at home, Rafa struggled with the Wigan's, Fulham's and Stoke's right through his 6 year tenure, in fact it was those types of teams that cost us the title in 08/09.
All I want is to see us playing good footy and having a right go at teams, I didn't see the game today I only listened to it on the radio but it sounded like we threw the kitchen sink at them, I don't expect us to win every game but I do expect us to give it everything and by the sounds of it our players didn't walk off that pitch today they got carried off on their shields.

His 'total football philosophy' is a fallacy mate ,I've watched performances were we've been up against teams that play 10 men behind the ball ,but Norwich came to play  football, and for all the space they afforded  us we still floundered. I just cant fathom where this faith comes from, in as such as the belief he  will suddenly turn this around  ??? Better teams will see our lack of direction under this man and the likes of Villa and  god forbid  the rest of the lesser lights of this league will stroll up to Anfield with little fear expecting to take three points home with them.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:41 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:17 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:10 pm wrote:Apparently he's been delegating a lot of the coaching duties but now he's back to taking a more hands on approach, I'm not happy about his obsession with prem proven plodders but if he's prepared to revert back to his total football philosophy surely that is a step in the right direction?

His 'total football philosophy' is a fallacy mate ,I've watched performances were we've been up against teams that play 10 men behind the ball ,but Norwich came to play  football, and for all the space they afforded  us we still floundered. I just cant fathom where this faith comes from, in as such as the belief he  will suddenly turn this around  ??? Better teams will see our lack of direction under this man and the likes of Villa and  god forbid  the rest of the lesser lights of this league will stroll up to Anfield with little fear expecting to take three points home with them.

Couldn't agree more.

There is NOTHING in this side that intimidates our opponents anymore, the lesser likes will shift their 'parking the bus' strategy to taking the game to us at Anfield.

How much longer do we we need to endure this clown?

1-1 against Norwich and the same old cultists who have backed him to the hilt are now coming out of the woodwork saying it was an "outstanding" performance  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games