LIVERPOOL VS TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR - Monday 6th feb 2012 - 8pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:55 pm

So that's now 11 home games - 7 draws.

Where the he.ll is fortress Anfield?
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:56 pm

NorfolkRed wrote:they came here to defend and we struggle to break down sides that show no ambition

And yet we showed no ambition in the transfer market in January when it was clear as day we needed an attacking midfielder or striker to come in.

:no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Penguins » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:57 pm

Just not the quality to create something in the final 3rd.
The kind of ball Bale got in the end, we have noone capable of that.
Think we got to get primitive and just have Gerrard put it up for Caroll to head it down to Suarez...
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby jimmy brighton » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:59 pm

Thought it was a decent performance tonight all things taken into consideration. I just knew the spuds were gonna park the bus :angry:
joey ate the frogs legs
made the swiss roll
now he's munching gladback
jimmy brighton
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:59 pm

eds wrote:
NorfolkRed wrote:they came here to defend and we struggle to break down sides that show no ambition

And yet we showed no ambition in the transfer market in January when it was clear as day we needed an attacking midfielder or striker to come in.

:no

Is that so strange??
We are no ******* City who can sign flops after flops and just sign new ones in the next window.
Kenny had money in the previous windows and he signed attacking players and those are the ones who will do it or not.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:01 pm

jimmy brighton wrote:Thought it was a decent performance tonight all things taken into consideration. I just knew the spuds were gonna park the bus :angry:

C'mon.
They have some very skilled players and a much better midfield than us. They are very good at keeping possession.
Sure, they had players at the back but then went for the counter many times effectivly and not just hoofing it away.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby mistyred » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:01 pm

What a let down again, ffs this is beyond a joke.

January could and should have changed the last part of the season for us, but again not to be,
no attacking talent brought in.

We played them off the park and still couldn't win, something needs to be addressed in the summer. at this
rate we will be lucky to get Europa next season.

We have a lack of creativity in the final third we are just not ruthless enough.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:02 pm

Our delivery from wide positions is a f*cking disgrace for the amount those players get paid. I counted 7 crosses in the last 15mins that didnt beat the first man. A school team would have a better strike rate than that. At least half those were from Glen Johnson
burjennio

Postby aCe' » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:02 pm

Bad bad draw tonight ! Should have pushed harder and while they showed no ambition to win it, we certainly didnt go all out for the win from a tactical standpoint either did we !

Thought we should have taken Spearing off early in the 2nd half and perhaps the central midfielders should have made more runs to the box with all the crosses we put in.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:03 pm

Kerry07 wrote:We are at a stage where draws aint good enough. Spearing should have been sacrificed for an attacker not Bellamy or Kuyt.

Whisky nose would have thrown everything at them.  Never thought Kenny was this negative.

agree about bellamy not kuyt.
play just breaks down with him too much.control is terrible and offers this team very little.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby mistyred » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:06 pm

Every time Glen Johnson got the ball i knew he would loose it, i just don't know what's going
on with the lad.

We nearly paid the price when bail went through on goal, again because of Johnson.

At least Suarez was lively and nearly made the difference, Mental note to Kenny, if your best
players are available ALWAYS play your best team.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby valo26 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:06 pm

how did we get on lads? i missed the game, been out all night lookin for me cat...
valo26

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:07 pm

valo26 wrote:how did we get on lads? i missed the game, been out all night lookin for me cat...

pmsl :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby jimmy brighton » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:07 pm

mistyred wrote:What a let down again, ffs this is beyond a joke.

January could and should have changed the last part of the season for us, but again not to be,
no attacking talent brought in.

We played them off the park and still couldn't win, something needs to be addressed in the summer. at this
rate we will be lucky to get Europa next season.

We have a lack of creativity in the final third we are just not ruthless enough.

Will you listen to yourself? They came and parked the bus. The so-called amazing attacking flair of was nullified by their own high command.
"Park the bus lads and just settle for a drawer. If we go for the same open strategy they're currently playing we're gonna get a hiding. If you're down. stay down. Eat them valueble seconds up  boys. They're probably saving it for Saturday anyway."
joey ate the frogs legs
made the swiss roll
jimmy brighton
LFC Super Member

Postby jimmy brighton » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:09 pm

valo26 wrote:how did we get on lads? i missed the game, been out all night lookin for me cat...

:D
joey ate the frogs legs
made the swiss roll
jimmy brighton
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games