LIVERPOOL vs Southampton: Saturday 21 Sept 2013 - 3pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby RedAnt » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:08 pm

He's F'ing loving it though.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:08 pm

that was about as insipid a performance i`ve seen from us in a long while.
when you are missing suarez and coutinho (and sturridge is half fit) then it`s clearly not the day for the manager to try and gamble with the line up, the 4 CB`s experiment didnt work at all.
neither did playing aspas through the middle and pushing sturridge out wide.
the writing was on the wall monday, infact the writing has been on the wall every second half we`ve played this season but i guess because we were accumilating points none of us wanted to read what it said.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby sgs » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:10 pm

I heard some boos at the end of the game?

This game left me as sick as I was when Hodgson was here...

A Liverpool manager should not be playing 4 CDs and counterattacking football at home against Soton...

Even with the absences we had enough quality not to play scared at home against a mediocre opponent...
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby mart » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:16 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:08 pm wrote:that was about as insipid a performance i`ve seen from us in a long while.
when you are missing suarez and coutinho (and sturridge is half fit) then it`s clearly not the day for the manager to try and gamble with the line up, the 4 CB`s experiment didnt work at all.

I could understand playing 4 CB's if we had to, but we had Kelly and Enrique on the bench.
Gerrards utterly ***** performance and complete lack of leadership in this match is a much bigger worry than the absence of Suarez and Coutinho.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby Thinkpad » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:16 pm

The things that need improvement pronto:
Design the team for attack mostly, the defense will work themselves out. When you are toothless the opponents will naturally take it as an opportunity to start attacking. And attack they will..

Teach the players how to shield and keep possessions. Keep the freaking ball under pressured.
What I have witness so far is total lacked of composure the moment opponent players try to tackle the player.
It is as if they have no idea how to wriggle their way out.

Keep the players close by. Why aren't the team mates supporting each other?
Every one runs away from the ball. They should run away from the opponents player and crest space so their team mates can pass to them. Go forward in groups of three, keep a triangle to do simple 1-2 or complicated 1-2.

Just keep moving, pass to the front of players running towards the opponent goal most of the time during attack.
Pass to empty areas that your team mates are running to. Don't stand in line with defenders waiting for a pass with the back facing goal all the freaking time.

Dribble, dribble, dribble to open play up constantly. Know when to stop and pass when to dribble.

Players wise, I think they are up to it. Just not trained to do the right thing.
Not sure why the old way of doing things are creeping back in and ruin everything.
I looked at how Swansea play and how Norwich played today and wondered how they teach lesser players how to pass so well. How those players can acquired such great vision and constantly moving... But you can tell they are not world class coz they wasted all their chances. But they created so many...

The previous games both goals were created by Swansea mistakes. None were from Liverpool's ingenuity.. And that spell doom for me.. We have no clue going forward. Now without a play maker can jolly well play for a draw at every game. Then again will most likely lose coz with no offense the opponent will relentlessly attack.
Thinkpad

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:17 pm

That performance was really bad. Each player had an awful afternoon, maybe aside Mignolet. SG's worse game, Sturridge stuck out on the right :no  ,  tactics were a disgrace. 4 flipping CB's, come on, what the heck was BR thinking?  Fitness levels, I don't know what they are working on, but F**king ballbags, it ain't work. There is not much energy in the side cause after 20 mins, the players look almost exhausted. The passing is all over the place, can't string two passes together, and we seem to get caught offside all to often.

Tactics definitely need to be changed. Teams press high up the pitch when Mignolet has the ball forcing us to make errors.
Last edited by Kash_Mountain on Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:18 pm

Should have let me do the match thread !

Poor all around , poor tactics , poor selection , poor players on display. Mignolet is the only play who can possibly hold his head up !

Why are we playing 4 fecking CB's at home and looking to play on the counter ! We are at home and has zero control in the game , nothing up front , no creativity , no invention. Aspas is no prem footballer. We had 4 cbs on the pitch and still couldn't win a header at a set piece.

We got exactly what we deserved today - nothing and it should be a big wake up call that we need to improve our performances and above all improve our squad.
Benny The Noon

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:18 pm

mart » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:16 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:08 pm wrote:that was about as insipid a performance i`ve seen from us in a long while.

I could understand playing 4 CB's if we had to, but we had Kelly and Enrique on the bench.
Gerrards utterly ***** performance and complete lack of leadership in this match is a much bigger worry than the absence of Suarez and Coutinho.

Wind your neck in lad.

Gerrard can't do it on his own, he had a shocker. Big deal, he certainly wasn't the only one.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedSi35 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:19 pm

Most of the time, we were passing up to players with their backs to the southampton goal......by the time we had turned, looked up, looked for a pass, saints had players back and around the ball.

We did get sterling out wide a few times, but not enough, it also seemed that Moses wasnt utilised as much 2nd half. Saints did get players behind that ball and hassled us for possession for the majority of the game.........its always been a downfall for our passing game
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:29 pm

Wretched performance. Central midfield area needs beefing up. We need better attacking options. Look great with Suarez in Coutinho but there's to much of a drop in quality when they are out. Needed to close that gap in the summer and too be fair we did seem to try in the summer. I know it is early days and I wasn't too sure about him, but that Eriksen looks like he definitely has something about him and for £11m, it looks like peanuts
Doeboy

Postby devaney » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:34 pm

Disappointing... team poor and tactics even worse...at least the negos will be happy !!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Hustler 2 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:35 pm

Ratings 3 or 4/10 for all.
We will never get top 4 playing like that every game. That is certain.
Get down and Boogie !!!!
Hustler 2
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Hustler 2 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:36 pm

devaney » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:34 pm wrote:Disappointing... team poor and tactics even worse...at least the negos will be happy !!!

Negggoooooooooss RULE!!! :)
Get down and Boogie !!!!
Hustler 2
LFC Advanced Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:38 pm

sgs » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:10 pm wrote:I heard some boos at the end of the game?

This game left me as sick as I was when Hodgson was here...

A Liverpool manager should not be playing 4 CDs and counterattacking football at home against Soton...

Even with the absences we had enough quality not to play scared at home against a mediocre opponent...

No one in their right mind will be calling for the managers head.

The fact is - yes there were tactical mistakes, but the team performance was awful.

Way off it from the start and one to forget quickly.

Mignolet was the exception.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Hustler 2 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:39 pm

RedAnt » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:08 pm wrote:He's F'ing loving it though.

Yep I am ;)
Im not having a go at anyone for supporting the team, when have I done that?
Get down and Boogie !!!!
Hustler 2
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games