LIVERPOOL VS NORTHAMPTON - Carling Cup 3rd round 22/9/10 8pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Scottbot » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:46 pm

NANNY RED wrote:there wasnt one person on that bench who had a match impact,

The lads commentated on the offal were raving about young Shelvey. Sounds like he came on and played a stormer. Perhaps he should have been on a lot earlier. Looking forward to seeing how this kid develops.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite-Jud » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:53 pm

Scottbot wrote:

The lads commentated on the offal were raving about young Shelvey. Sounds like he came on and played a stormer. Perhaps he should have been on a lot earlier. Looking forward to seeing how this kid develops.

He should have started, for me Lucas and Speao in centre mid, i can see creativity in abundance  ???
Kopite-Jud

Postby crim cram » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:54 pm

Scottbot wrote:

he could have started for any number of players tonight.  babel, pacheco, lucas, spearing.......basically any of the midfield or attack.
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby Scottbot » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:55 pm

redhayesy wrote:please give me the chance for an opinion here- their is a masive, masive difference between a great run of form in the reserves to getting a chance on the big stage of playing in the first team, an proving you have what it takes to suceed in the first team on a regular basis. sadly he has failed on more than one occasion for me. it comes to somthing when a player like him with so much promise fails to deliver.

You're bang on mate, it's a MASSIVE jump, even for a game against lower league oppo like this one. I don't watch that loads of ressie football but have got an eseason ticket so i catch my fair shar eon the offal and the difference in pace, strength and intensity is so so clear. Players do well in the reserves and we (as fans) naturally get frustrated that the lads aren't knocking on the first team door. A good example of that is the young Hungarian forward (completely forgotten his bloody name now - NEMETH!). I like Pachecho and i wouldn't give up on him just yet + I'm not sure he so comfortable out on the right flanks as he was today. Shelevy is the lad i've got the most hopes for + it sounds like he did well when he came on tonight. A lot of these lads have got to be pis....sed tonight that they didn't get through because they know this was the best shot at some regular playing time in the senior squad.
Last edited by Scottbot on Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:59 pm

Scottbot wrote:

Agree Scott mate ,i would personally have even started with him.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:05 am

thanks scott mate, it's ture anyone who (like me) watches any game i can including ressie games will know where we are coming from here,cause their is so much competition for first team choices that when you do get the chance mate you have to take it with both hands! sadly for me pacheo stands out imho that he failed big time,an i was so dis-appointed in him tonight that i won't hold faith with him much longer,nor i'm affraid to say it jay, cause i like the lad but i just don't think he is up the pressure of games where he is exposed like he was tonight,without senoir players with real quality about them.

it's a real shame for me, but that is my honest opinion as i see it.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:14 am

redhayesy wrote:thanks scott mate, it's ture anyone who (like me) watches any game i can including ressie games will know where we are coming from here,cause their is so much competition for first team choices that when you do get the chance mate you have to take it with both hands! sadly for me pacheo stands out imho that he failed big time,an i was so dis-appointed in him tonight that i won't hold faith with him much longer,nor i'm affraid to say it jay, cause i like the lad but i just don't think he is up the pressure of games where he is exposed like he was tonight,without senoir players with real quality about them.

What was Babel like?
Thommo's perm

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:16 am

redhayesy wrote:thanks scott mate, it's ture anyone who (like me) watches any game i can including ressie games will know where we are coming from here,cause their is so much competition for first team choices that when you do get the chance mate you have to take it with both hands! sadly for me pacheo stands out imho that he failed big time,an i was so dis-appointed in him tonight that i won't hold faith with him much longer,nor i'm affraid to say it jay, cause i like the lad but i just don't think he is up the pressure of games where he is exposed like he was tonight,without senoir players with real quality about them.

Agree totaly on the Speo shout Red ,and its a crying shame as the lad has got loads of heart ,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rocky29 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:19 am

why o why did roy  send aquilani out on loan. Why get rid of someone who can unlock defenses even as a sub hes dangerous. We have no quality in the midfield who agrees now we should of kept him. Send lucas to juve and bring aqua back before its to late roy. He can save your job mate.
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby Scottbot » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:20 am

redhayesy wrote:nor i'm affraid to say it jay, cause i like the lad but i just don't think he is up the pressure of games where he is exposed like he was tonight,without senoir players with real quality about them.

I think you hit it on the head with that bit mate. It's one thing throwing the young lads in together with some of the fringe players and hoping they can come together as a team and lets be honest, that is what most of the prem teams do with this competition now. The only way to truly blood younger players is to get them in a genuine first team with senior players who know what they're doing and then we really get to see whether they are up to it. Arsenal are the only team that I know of who can regularly put out their entire youth team (give or take a couple of senior players) and actually get away with it.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:24 am

Scottbot wrote:
redhayesy wrote:nor i'm affraid to say it jay, cause i like the lad but i just don't think he is up the pressure of games where he is exposed like he was tonight,without senoir players with real quality about them.

I think you hit it on the head with that bit mate. It's one thing throwing the young lads in together with some of the fringe players and hoping they can come together as a team and lets be honest, that is what most of the prem teams do with this competition now. The only way to truly blood younger players is to get them in a genuine first team with senior players who know what they're doing and then we really get to see whether they are up to it. Arsenal are the only team that I know of who can regularly put out their entire youth team (give or take a couple of senior players) and actually get away with it.

Because Wengers mantra is "touch football" from naturally talented kids who know how to controll the ball. He scouts them, trains them, picks them and plays them.
Its a different mentality to what we are used to here.
Thommo's perm

Postby redhayesy » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:27 am

Thommo's perm wrote:

What was Babel like?

please believe me mate when i say that YET AGAIN, he showed sincere lack of attitude,desire etc that he was again subbed, for me he should of been subbed alot earlier than he was. like i say mate tonight was a massive chance for the likes of him to command & create a bucket load of chances, take responsibility himself for destroying the oppo's defence,shoot when given the chance etc... predictably he did nothing of the kind.

he was so poor & pathetic tonight he got subbed,when the northampton players were going down with cramp, babel was going around like he had crabs!! 

he was told by roy this is his last chance saloon or else, let me say to you mate,i sincerly hope he doesn't get injured before january,otherwise we will have to raffle the tw@t instead of selling him!  btw- thanks for your reply in the other thread.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:31 am

redhayesy wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:

What was Babel like?

please believe me mate when i say that YET AGAIN, he showed sincere lack of attitude,desire etc that he was again subbed, for me he should of been subbed alot earlier than he was. like i say mate tonight was a massive chance for the likes of him to command & create a bucket load of chances, take responsibility himself for destroying the oppo's defence,shoot when given the chance etc... predictably he did nothing of the kind.

he was so poor & pathetic tonight he got subbed,when the northampton players were going down with cramp, babel was going around like he had crabs!! 

he was told by roy this is his last chance saloon or else, let me say to you mate,i sincerly hope he doesn't get injured before january,otherwise we will have to raffle the tw@t instead of selling him!  btw- thanks for your reply in the other thread.

No probs. You are spot on
As far as Babel is concerned Ive been saying for a while he should just given away. He is an embarrassment o himself and he club
Fluffy headed no-mark twittering tw@t
Im off to bed with a cob on

Bloody football
:D
Thommo's perm

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:36 am

I'd no real qualms about the starting lineup, not even insofar as having Gerrard or Torres on the bench is concerned. It's Northampton Town, league 2 (two) opposition, and though you can never underestimate any team etc.. etc.. we are Liverpool FC and we have to have certain standards and beating such teams with a shadow XI shouldn't be a problem. I could perhaps understand if the lineup consisted almost exclusively of reserve team players - the likes of Darby, Irwin, Robinson, Amoo, Ecclestone etc.. - but unfortunately it contained 9 players all of whom have at some point featured for us in the first team this season, some very experienced players, many of whom will continue to feature in the coming weeks and months such is the state of the squad. Jones is our number 2, Kelly is our backup RB/LB, Kyrgiakos and Agger are our CB/LB cover, Lucas is our everpresent superstar Brazilian international midfield stalwart, Spearing is our fourth CM cover, Jovanovic has been our first choice LW in most games this season, Pacheco was (don't know if he still is :D ) our best young attacking prospect, and Ngog and Babel are the two who will be called upon for at least the next four/five months of the season when Torres is unavailable.

Although there is enough quality there to reasonably expect to beat a league 2 side, perhaps the result speaks more about the underlying quality of our squad than we would like to admit.
LFC2007

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:37 am

Wasn't particulary @rsed about tonight if i'm honest and i'm even less @rsed now. What does that tell you about my feelings for the club at the minute. You've all got to get it into your skulls THIS IS NOT LFC anymore. We have a bigger fight than what's going on on the pitch . I'm f.ucked if i'm gonna let this club turn into newcastle united ffs. Roy needs are backing and the shower of :censored: that played tonight needs to back him anall . F.uck what the media say tomorrow, they've already played apart in getting rid of one manager a ,there not getting rid of another.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games