LIVERPOOL VS NEWCASTLE UNITED - 30th december 2011, 19:45gmt

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby RichardLFC1 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:34 am

Johnny Boy wrote:I wouldn't have Henderson in the team, he hasn't performed and needs to earn his place.

I would freshen things up and have Kelly in for Johnson (bench),
Bellamy for Maxi (bench), Spearing for Adam (bench), Gerrard for Henderson (sat in the stands), Kuyt for Suarez.

Henderson has played as well as anyone in the last few games so I think you should lay off him.

Maxi on the bench?? Ludicrous

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Kerry07 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:15 pm

Our most talented available XI (if Gerrard is fit)

------------ Reina
Johnson ----------- Enrique
------  Agger Skrtel
-----Adam --- Spearing/Shelvey
Maxi --- Gerrard --- Downing
----------- Bellamy

The only question mark would be Shelvey or Spearing. If Gerrard doesnt make it then id move Maxi behind Bellamy and put Johnson on the right, with Kelly at right back. As much as i would be reluctant to break up the back 4, we are seriously short of quality wide players, and for too long we've been making do with non productive players: Kuyt (not his position), now Henderson (not his position). Johnson is streets ahead of both as regards quality from the right, so while not ideal it would be better than just making do. We need to start bringing in quality players (wings, a central mid, a striker) and play them in their natural position.
"Its not just any other club" C.Tyldsley
"Liverpool are a special institution" X.Alonso
"Anfield es un templo de fútbol" AS
"The English club prove miracles do exist" D.Maradona
"Theres not one club in the world so united with its fans. Liverpool fans sent shivers down my spine" J.Cruyff
Kerry07

Postby Dundalk » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:55 pm

Really looking forward to the game tonight.

2-0
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:02 pm

alwayslfc wrote:
Fowler_E7 wrote:If Henderson plays i will be very upset, he does nothing to justify a place in the first team

He has a justified reason to be in the starting lineup in every match. Because he cost 20 million.

That's the problem when you sign over priced average players like Carroll,  Hendo and Downing. You have to play them in the starting lineup whether you like it or not, to avoid the club owner from breathing down your neck asking why you spent 20 million on a player and make him sit on the bench.

Kenny's summer signings have mostly been disappointing.

£16m and you flaw the argument immediatelly by saying you have to play over priced players when we've had Carroll sitting on the bench for the most part...

Based on our play, what exactly has been wrong with the midfield? Last I checked they were the ones doing their job in creating chance after chance.
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Greavesie » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:04 pm

alwayslfc wrote:Ok, let me forecast the score from the bookies' perspective. The hugely popular Asian Bookie have given Newcastle a 0-1 handicap.

This means if the result is a draw or a win for Newc, the gambler will win because Newc. already has a 1 goal handicap.  Not what the bookie want.

If Newc loses by 1 goal difference, gambler will get refund.

If Newc. loses by more than 1 goal the gambler will lose, which is what the bookies are after. The bookmakers are the ones who profit from gamblers losing. So if this game is rigged, for the smart bookmakers to make money, Newc will have to lose to Liverpool by more than 1 goal.

The bookmakers are very smart people and many of us here in my country are convinced many of these games are rigged which may cause an uproar for many of you in Europe. Personally I don't know how true this is. So if the game is rigged by bookies, Liverpool should win by more than 1 goal.

what the :censored: are you on about?
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Fowler_E7 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:04 pm

is it on TV?
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:39 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:is it on TV?

Sky sports 1
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:42 pm

Greavesie wrote:
alwayslfc wrote:Ok, let me forecast the score from the bookies' perspective. The hugely popular Asian Bookie have given Newcastle a 0-1 handicap.

This means if the result is a draw or a win for Newc, the gambler will win because Newc. already has a 1 goal handicap.  Not what the bookie want.

If Newc. loses by more than 1 goal the gambler will lose, which is what the bookies are after. The bookmakers are the ones who profit from gamblers losing. So if this game is rigged, for the smart bookmakers to make money, Newc will have to lose to Liverpool by more than 1 goal.

The bookmakers are very smart people and many of us here in my country are convinced many of these games are rigged which may cause an uproar for many of you in Europe. Personally I don't know how true this is. So if the game is rigged by bookies, Liverpool should win by more than 1 goal.

what the :censored: are you on about?

Haha, I know. He speaks like a Asian Handicap is a new thing. EVERY bookie offers it.

Nothing whatsoever related to rigging. It purely an alternative way to bet on the underdog. It's available on ALL games.

:censored: me this forum is brilliant for so many wrong reasons!  :grinning:
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:47 pm

:laugh:
LFC2007

Postby aCe' » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:42 pm

:alien:
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:54 pm

3-0...

Id go with this lineup

Reina

Johnson      Skrtel       Agger       Enrique

Spearing       Adam

Kuyt                 Bellamy             Downing
                         Carroll

Just keep downing down the left flank and him + Enrique will easily get 15+ crosses in per game. Down the right side both Kuyt and Johnson have proven to be effective in terms of scoring and creating chances. Bellamy can drift to the flanks and stretch backlines or provide crosses and if Adam/Spearing can keep things smooth and solid down the middle then we have every chance of seeing a very good display without both Suarez and Gerrard.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:10 pm

Think we will play well today just have a good feeling about it. Carroll will score one for sure.
Zidane

Postby RedSi35 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:33 pm

Come on guys lets be positive, a 9-0 win tonight and we will go into 4th spot :D
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:34 pm

4-1
Going to miss the game but have put it on my SKY+
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:35 pm

RichardLFC1 wrote:
Johnny Boy wrote:I wouldn't have Henderson in the team, he hasn't performed and needs to earn his place.

I would freshen things up and have Kelly in for Johnson (bench),
Bellamy for Maxi (bench), Spearing for Adam (bench), Gerrard for Henderson (sat in the stands), Kuyt for Suarez.

Henderson has played as well as anyone in the last few games so I think you should lay off him.

Maxi on the bench?? Ludicrous

Rubbish. Henderson has done nothing to justify buying him.

Maxi on the bench - if it means Bellamy starts as I am not sure Kenny will play both of them.

Anyway off to the game now - come on red men!
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games