neil wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:i'd go with

Reina

Johnson  Skrtel   Agger   Enrique

Bellamy   Carra Adam   Downing

Gerrard

Carroll

that's right, CARRA in MIDFIELD.

care to elaborate? what does Carragher bring to the midfield table?

he played in midfield when he came on against Villa and looked handy to break up the oppositions play.

Lets be honest, he can't be any worse than Henderson and we need a midfield anchor while Lucas is away because Shelvey isn't a defensive midfielder.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:30 pm

When he came on in midfield he nearly gave away a penalty and looked about 5 yards of the pace - there is no way he should be anywhere near the midfield .
Benny The Noon

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:33 pm

His 10 minute cameo against Villa aside, Carra is way past being suitable for the position of DM for any sustained length of time. He doesn't have the mobility or the distributional skills to perorm the role well. Why not just stick Spearing in there? Makes much more sense to me given his past performances in that position.
LFC2007

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:22 pm

LFC2007 wrote:His 10 minute cameo against Villa aside, Carra is way past being suitable for the position of DM for any sustained length of time. He doesn't have the mobility or the distributional skills to perorm the role well. Why not just stick Spearing in there? Makes much more sense to me given his past performances in that position.

Spearing, for me, isn't good enough. He should be playing for someone like Wigan, not liverpool.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:29 pm

Seriously guys, what's with Carra in midfield? I still think that Hendo is the best option we have at the moment.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:42 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:His 10 minute cameo against Villa aside, Carra is way past being suitable for the position of DM for any sustained length of time. He doesn't have the mobility or the distributional skills to perorm the role well. Why not just stick Spearing in there? Makes much more sense to me given his past performances in that position.

Spearing, for me, isn't good enough. He should be playing for someone like Wigan, not liverpool.

If you mean on a regular basis, then I agree. But with Lucas out we're stuck for a defensive midfielder and Spearing is the next best option. Over the past year or so he's performed reasonably well in that position, working his balls off and breaking up the play with admirable tenacity. I find it odd that you would have Carra in there ahead of him.
LFC2007

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:55 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
neil wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:i'd go with

Reina

Johnson  Skrtel   Agger   Enrique

Bellamy   Carra Adam   Downing

Gerrard

Carroll

that's right, CARRA in MIDFIELD.

care to elaborate? what does Carragher bring to the midfield table?

he played in midfield when he came on against Villa and looked handy to break up the oppositions play.

Lets be honest, he can't be any worse than Henderson and we need a midfield anchor while Lucas is away because Shelvey isn't a defensive midfielder.

Two points.

1) clearly he will be worse than Henderson because your view on Henderson being bad is a minority view

2) midfield requires a substantial amount of mobility. Carragher struggled with his mobility at the best of times.

The mere suggestion of Carragher as a starting central midfielder is quite frankly embarrassing. Sort it out.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:59 pm

Gotta agree

Carra should be nowhere near the midfield. I think he would tell you that himself.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:29 pm

I know a lot of people are critical of Spearing and he didn’t have a great game against Fulham but he did very at the back end of last season when he played regularly and is the natural replacement for Lucus. I think given a run in the team he can do a decent job. I also think Adam will be more comfortable playing alongside him rather than Henderson. And I can’t see how Kenny can continue starting with Henderson and Downing when they offer so little. They are so ineffective right now it’s embarrassing.

Reina

Johnson     Skrtel     Agger     Enrique

Spearing     Adam

Maxi     Shelvey     Bellamy

Carroll

Subs: Kuyt, Gerrard, Downing, Henderson, Kelly, Carragher, Doni
Eagle

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:55 am

worcester_red wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:-----------------Reina

Kelly  Skrtel   Agger   Enrique

Johnson   Carra Gerrard   Downing

Bellamy  Carroll

Why would you have Carra in midfield, is it so that someone can hoof balls up to Carroll from slightly close range?  :D

spot on  :D

i actually won't mind seeing Spearing in the middle as well. i'm not sure if Shelvey and Gerarrd could work together in the middle seeing how they seem to have similar style of play. the defensive aspect of the game might be neglected.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Fowler_E7 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:59 am

If Henderson plays i will be very upset, he does nothing to justify a place in the first team
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alwayslfc » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:48 am

Fowler_E7 wrote:If Henderson plays i will be very upset, he does nothing to justify a place in the first team

[quote]

He has a justified reason to be in the starting lineup in every match. Because he cost 20 million.

That's the problem when you sign over priced average players like Carroll,  Hendo and Downing. You have to play them in the starting lineup whether you like it or not, to avoid the club owner from breathing down your neck asking why you spent 20 million on a player and make him sit on the bench.

Kenny's summer signings have mostly been disappointing.
alwayslfc

Postby alwayslfc » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:02 am

Ok, let me forecast the score from the bookies' perspective. The hugely popular Asian Bookie have given Newcastle a 0-1 handicap.

This means if the result is a draw or a win for Newc, the gambler will win because Newc. already has a 1 goal handicap.  Not what the bookie want.

If Newc loses by 1 goal difference, gambler will get refund.

If Newc. loses by more than 1 goal the gambler will lose, which is what the bookies are after. The bookmakers are the ones who profit from gamblers losing. So if this game is rigged, for the smart bookmakers to make money, Newc will have to lose to Liverpool by more than 1 goal.

The bookmakers are very smart people and many of us here in my country are convinced many of these games are rigged which may cause an uproar for many of you in Europe. Personally I don't know how true this is. So if the game is rigged by bookies, Liverpool should win by more than 1 goal.
alwayslfc

Postby The_Rock » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:02 am

I reckon that the way carroll plays he is better off partnering bellamy than suarez.

Suarez is very unpredictable. He will make a very good strike-partner to someone who is very mobile (which carroll ain't).

So Carroll will make a better partnership with maxi or bellamy IMO.

Anyway we can expect a better performance from carroll ...this doesn't mean we will win. Newcastle is a team which needs minimum chances to score goals. If we don't score at least 2 goals...i can see us drawing (or even losing this game).

Anyway...this is the team.

Reina
  Johnson   Skertel   Agger   Enrique
                   Spearing
    Downing      Adam       Bellamy
                     Maxi
                     Carroll
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:04 am

Don't wanna rush gerrard back...so rather he starts on the bench.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games