LIVERPOOL VS MANCHESTER CITY - News views and predictions

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:23 pm

wATCHING US AGAIN AN lUCAS IS STILL BOSS
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:46 pm

Happy with the result but when I look at the table we are level with Arsenal at the bottom of the top 4 contender pack.

I can see us dipping into the January market to try and improve the situation.
killerp

Postby crazyhorse » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:48 pm

Good result, and we are only going to get better over the rest of the season.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:22 am

parchpea wrote:Ive been a fierce critic of Lucas but he was magnificent today no question. He has struck up a good understanding with Adam now and they are forming a decent combination in midfield. I was only dissapointed with Downing and Henderson who again I felt didnt really contribute enough but overall a winning peformance only prevented by a superb Joe Hart. On another note you wonder at this point if Carra was holding Agger and Skrtel back at times because they are playing very well and look comfortable and confident together. Again a very good display on tainted by some excellent goalkeeping and that final finish.

was wondering if Kenny's recent comments were targeted at Carra?  :p
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:35 am

why not challenge Carra to step up his game?  Personally i think he's still better than Skrtel....
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:38 am

I knew we would give City a serious test and I wasn't wrong. No team is going to totally dominate against a team as strong as City are these days but we gave it a massive go and should have taken all 3 points.

Yet again we find the opposing keeper in fine form and making world class saves at vital momets in the match.

Can't remember when I last enjoyed a game as much as i did today. Was absorbing from first minute to last with some fine performances from the Reds. Lucas was immense, Adam improving game on game and Enrique/Downing particularly good second half.

If we had won the 4 drawn home games where keepers have had a blinder we would be sitting in 2nd now ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:42 am

Dalglish wrote:I knew we would give City a serious test and I wasn't wrong. No team is going to totally dominate against a team as strong as City are these days but we gave it a massive go and should have taken all 3 points.

Yet again we find the opposing keeper in fine form and making world class saves at vital momets in the match.

Can't remember when I last enjoyed a game as much as i did today. Was absorbing from first minute to last with some fine performances from the Reds. Lucas was immense, Adam improving game on game and Enrique/Downing particularly good second half.

If we had won the 4 drawn home games where keepers have had a blinder we would be sitting in 2nd now ???

if we play like that from now until the end of the season then we'll finish in the top 3, easy.

i'm still unsure on City too...they remind me of Newcastle in the mid 90s and have the potential to implode at any moment.

None of their big money players give a toss about the club. They're there for the big pay day and little else.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:50 am

7_Kewell wrote:
Dalglish wrote:I knew we would give City a serious test and I wasn't wrong. No team is going to totally dominate against a team as strong as City are these days but we gave it a massive go and should have taken all 3 points.

if we play like that from now until the end of the season then we'll finish in the top 3, easy.

i'm still unsure on City too...they remind me of Newcastle in the mid 90s and have the potential to implode at any moment.

None of their big money players give a toss about the club. They're there for the big pay day and little else.

Hi Kewell,

As much as I'd love to see them do a "Newcastle" I can't see that happening even if as you suspect several of their players don't give a flying about the club.

Whilst they may not care about the club they love themselves and are vastly superior to all but a handful of clubs currently in the Premiership.

Tel lyou what though, I can almost guarantee Balotelli will do something seriously stupid between now and the end of the season. "Why always me" he asks ? Answer - Because you have the mind of a child and you are a D.ickhead !

:laugh:
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:54 am

agree, Balotelli is a ball bag...along with Tevez.

I dunno, i just have a feeling something will happen behind the scenes with more players falling out with the manager.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:02 am

Well like yourself, I do get the sense that Mancini isn't in total control of the players. He seems to have gone from "ordinary under pressure" manager last season to a  world beater this and neither is true tbh.

Plaudits and platitudes are cheap these days in football and the need to elevate players and managers to a level above their ability is common.

Mancini always looks like a little boy lost to me   

:D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:37 am

MoTM for me was Agger, he was a class apart. Lucas had a very good game, Johnson did okay too as did Enrique apart from some sloppy passes.

Should have won that, is our lack of clinical-ness or lack of getting bodies into the box going to be our downfall this season. 4 home draws on the bounce suggest it could be.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:43 am

metalhead wrote:
The Good Yank wrote:Thought we played great today.  Unlucky a bit maybe.  My one gripe would be Carroll coming on a bit too late.  Was impressed by Henderson (aside from a few poor touches) with his box to box play.  No easy task playing against that midfield.

Henderson was awful mate, wasteful in possession and invisible most of the game.

I thought Henderson had a decent game, wouldn't say he was awful, Kuyt was worse.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:32 am

We fare better as underdogs: FACT.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:21 am

Kenny Kan wrote:
metalhead wrote:
The Good Yank wrote:Thought we played great today.  Unlucky a bit maybe.  My one gripe would be Carroll coming on a bit too late.  Was impressed by Henderson (aside from a few poor touches) with his box to box play.  No easy task playing against that midfield.

Henderson was awful mate, wasteful in possession and invisible most of the game.

I thought Henderson had a decent game, wouldn't say he was awful, Kuyt was worse.

I think I agree with you KK.  But I haven't made up my mind yet  :D

Thing about Hendo today was that when you actually saw him, he seemed to be doing the right thing.. Going in hard for challenges, moving the ball, trying to stay productive.  The problem was that you almost never saw him.  He is the only player I've ever seen in a Liverpool shirt where you could literally not see him for 15 minutes before getting involved again.

The fact that when he's getting involved, he seems to be doing the right things and being somewhat productive is promising.  Surely a player for the future tho.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby alwayslfc » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:25 am

Balotelli after being shown the red should have shown his "Why Always Me" t-shirt underneath:laugh:
alwayslfc

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games