FULHAM VS LIVERPOOL - News views and predictions

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby RichardLFC1 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:58 am

Monday night game In the capital which last year I thought was our best performance. However fulham have picked up some big points this year noteably there draws with arsenal and Manchester city and should feel unlucky not to get anything from the spurs game.

Lucas will be a huge miss for us and apart from pepe reina I think he would be the 1st name on the team sheet. I haven't heard any news on our captain so I'm guessing he is still out.

Fulham will be without moussa dembele or picked up a knock in the europa league match last night.

With Bellamy and carrol playing exceptionally well in the carling cup it makes a starting 11 all that harder to pick. But without Lucas I feel it will give Henderson a chance to show what he has in the middle of the park. Maxi Rodriguez must be guaranteed a start with his performance last season plus his performances in his rare few opportunities this year.

My starting 11

Reina

Johnson.           Skrtle.     Agger.          Enrique

Maxi.          Henderson.     Adam.        Downing

Carroll.       Suarez

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:41 am

What I would like to see -

Reina

Johnson      Skrtel     Agger      Enrique

Henderson      Shelvey      Adam     Downing

Kuyt      Suarez
Last edited by SouthCoastShankly on Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:17 pm

for me...

Reina
Johnson  Skrtel  Agger  Enrique
                 Spearing
  Henderson     Adam   Downing
              Suarez
                      Carroll

0 - 2
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Raoul » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:42 pm

This is the sort of game where we might get away without an engine in midfield, but without Lucas I think we've got to trust Spearing in there.

Reina
                Spearing

Two options up front make sense to me:

Bellamy/Maxi   Adam   Downing
         Suarez
                     Carroll
Or:
        Henderson    Adam (or perhaps one of them partnered with Spearing)

Bellamy                         Maxi
                 Suarez

I'd like to see Carroll get a start, I think he has earned a few more minutes to show us what he can do.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:05 pm

I hate monday night fixtures. :angry:

Anyway more of the same as last year when we went down there please. I can't see us getting beat because we're defending so well. Once again it will come down to finishing the chances we create. I expect Spearing to come in for Lucas. Other than that it's a case of who plays in the wide areas again.

2-0.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby jacdaniel » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:23 pm

Not sure why anyone would want Carroll to start.  Suarez, Maxi and Bellamy have all been linking really well lately.  Id leave Carroll and Downing on the bench and put Jay in as a replacement for Lucas
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:26 pm

Monday night, feck sake!

Fulham are in good form (I think) and maybe  tough nut to crack, that still doesn't prevent me from giving my line-up. :D

---------------------- Reina

-------Johnson---Skertel---Agger---Enrique

-------Maxi----Spearing----Adam----Downing
------------------Henderson

-------------------Suarez
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby alwayslfc » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:53 pm

If Liverpool starts to decline because one key man is out, then we're just a one man team and don't deserve a top 4 finish. Like Kenny always says, this club is all about the team and never down to one individual. So the teamwork has to make up for the loss of Lucas, if we can't then I wouldn't mind too much if we fail to finish in top 4 because we get what we deserve if that's the case.

Come Reds, let's beat Fulham on Monday.
alwayslfc

Postby ethanr » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:24 pm

Reina

Maxi/Downing  Spearing  Adam  Bellamy
Carroll
Suarez

Something along those lines.  Good to have Downing in when Carroll's in (in theory).  Maxi's played well and I'd like to see him in too tho, and as long as Bellamy is in good shape to start, he should start as well.  Could see Carroll on the bench, Downing on the left, Maxi on the right and Bellamy up top with Suarez as well.

Playing at the cottage is never easy.  We need to treat this game like we're playing one of the top four, because in reality this fixture can be that challenging.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby maguskwt » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:23 am

I believe we will catch up with the front runners during this December Xmas period where they will falter due to too many games...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:28 pm

There I was thinking one of few joys of not making Europa league was no more monday fixtures DOH

Im quietly confident on this one, though im usually quietly confident on most of them but I believe the cup spanking we gave to Chavs will hold us in good stead
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:06 pm

I had a pretty good idea on what kind of line-up we should play before Lucas got injured. Without him, a 3 man midfield would be the best I think. The attack should consist of Suarez and Bellamy, though I'm not sure whether we should start with Kuyt or Maxi.

Reina

Johnson    Skrtel   Agger    Enrique

Henderson  Spearing   Adam

Maxi/Kuyt    Suarez     Bellamy
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:10 pm

A lot of pressure building as all our immidiate rivals seem to collect a win (Spurs ,Chelsea and Arsenal)
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby The Good Yank » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:26 pm

jacdaniel wrote:Not sure why anyone would want Carroll to start.

He's scored in 2 of his last three league starts.  Was very unlucky not to score in his brief appearance v City.  We need goals, and to be honest they've sort of dried up as far as Suarez is concerned.  We will need both of them scoring for the remainder of the season.  Carroll isn't going to break out if he isn't on the pitch.  With Lucas out we may need more than one goal a game to win. 

We've got six league games in a 25 day span.  A very important stretch that could tell alot towards where we end up this season.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:03 pm

Honestly I wouldn't want Carroll to start either because there are players that deserve to start more than he does. But it would be better for us and him if we could bring him in the 60-70 minutes of the game as an impact sub.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games