FULHAM VS LIVERPOOL - News views and predictions

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Madmax » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:51 am

Typical typical of us. This month we've got few more of these sort of fixtures which i think we will feck up. QPR at home next lads, whoes betting on a 0-0 draw???
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:12 am

It was quite an entertaining game to watch. It was very open and either side could have won really, lucky for Fulham they did. I don't think we were that bad at all, and Jay Spearing was unlucky, never in a million years is that a red.

I must say though, we look even worse upfront with Carroll in the team. The comparisons of him and crouch and giving him time etc are folly IMO. Even when Crouch couldn't net for however may games it was, he still had everything to his game that made contributions to the side. He can control the ball etc and lay it off etc. Carroll, I hate to say looks and absolute donkey, he should be a center-half not a centre forward. We look better without him IMO.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:21 am

Anybody else think Senderos should have seen red for his challenge on Adam?  Just looking at the challenge, it was quite  nasty, but it was 100% clear that he was trying to foul Adam before he got into the box.  He never contended or looked like it was an accident, he immediately jumped up and pointed that he got the foul off while Adam was still outside the box.  That's a professional foul, which is a yellow, and a nasty tackle from behind like that is easily a yellow...

I felt he should have seen red.  Not to mention the 2 other pretty bad fouls he had after that which were worthy of yellows he never saw.

Suarez scores a legit goal called offside, we get a garbage red card, Suarez (imo) should have had a pen, they should have had a red.... That's a lot going against us.

Oh ya, the garbage performance didn't help.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:49 am

Suarez scores a legit goal called offside

Suarez was offside mate as for Senderos meh, we should have beat them regardless.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:18 am

Tell me why

I hate fornicating Monday fixtures
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:18 am

Kenny Kan wrote:
Suarez scores a legit goal called offside

Suarez was offside mate as for Senderos meh, we should have beat them regardless.

I thought so at first as well, but when I looked at it again I thought he was even, and something that close is supposed to go to the attacker anyway.  Suarez was leaning forward and I think it was Hengeland was leaning the other, but their bodies as a whole seemed to be centered on or very near the same spot.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby fivecups » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:53 am

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:
andy_g wrote:so we had 55% posession, 10 corners, 20 attempts on goal of which 6 were on target, with a rejigged midfield, spent large parts of the match camped in their penalty area and played the last minutes with 10 men. we lost 1-0 away from home and yet lots of you believe that we were fecking awful. our finishing needs to be a lot better, that much is sure, but to conclude that we are rubbish and playing bad football is just being ridiculously pessimistic.

Totally agree with this post. We did not play awful, not at all. The stats say we had a really good game.

The ball is just not going in for is at the moment!

Amen.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:18 am

andy_g wrote:anyone who is now writing off our entire season is a bit of a knob, by the way

Agreed
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:30 am

I think we played some great football last night and were unlucky.
We do need a poacher though , someone who can get us a goal when we really need one as if Suarez doesn't score who else is?

Despite the fact we played well we are now 8 points behind Tottenham and they have a game in hand.
Thankfully Chelsea, Arsenal and Newcastle are just a few points ahead.

Whilst we played well, the Christmas period is going to be crucial for us, we can't keep saying we played okay but didn't win, we need to start winning these games.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:45 am

damjan193 wrote:Wind up guys, results will come sooner or later. If we had just a bit of luck we wouldn't be talking like this now.

Agree totally but why do we use Carroll (sorry I have virtually lost patience with the guy - he even had an air shot when he had a reasonable chance on goal!). Maxi has been playing exceptionally well and doesn't get used - why? Spearing is a very poor replacement for Lucas who was missed massively.

Luck once again was out of the window. Henderson's fantastic effort deserved a goal and Downing's shot needed a wonder save. Suarez worked incredibly hard and was given nothing. Even Garry Neville clearly demonstrated why he should have won a penalty but he needed slow motion to change his initial opinion. Spearing was very unlucky. He was looking at the ball and both players arrived at the same time and as Kenny said Spearing could hardly be blamed if the other player put his leg in the way which is what happened. His leg certainly wasn't there when Spearing got the ball. I thought it was a very harsh decision.Whatever happened to the 50/50 ball?
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:43 am

andy_g wrote:so we had 55% posession, 10 corners, 20 attempts on goal of which 6 were on target, with a rejigged midfield, spent large parts of the match camped in their penalty area and played the last minutes with 10 men. we lost 1-0 away from home and yet lots of you believe that we were fecking awful. our finishing needs to be a lot better, that much is sure, but to conclude that we are rubbish and playing bad football is just being ridiculously pessimistic.

Exactly. Our problem this season is finishing.

Dunno which muppet said earlier we only had one real chance, I counted at least 4 clear-cut chances.

Carroll's shot straight at Schwarzer
Henderson shot off the inside of post
Bellamy skewed shot from 10 yards
Enrique shot saved on the line

What annoys me is the lack of finishing, Suarez is capable of finishing, Bellamy is capable of finishing, even carroll is capable of finishing yet this skill has been predominantly missing all season. I think we do need to shop in January for a Striker, a clinical one!
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:09 am

jacdaniel wrote:Not sure why anyone would want Carroll to start.  Suarez, Maxi and Bellamy have all been linking really well lately.  Id leave Carroll and Downing on the bench and put Jay in as a replacement for Lucas

Kenny should have read my post  :D   

Seriously though, with a better ref, a bit more luck and a little more clinical in front of goal and we'd have won that match.

Just need to drop Carroll and play to our strengths.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:52 am

jacdaniel wrote:
jacdaniel wrote:Not sure why anyone would want Carroll to start.  Suarez, Maxi and Bellamy have all been linking really well lately.  Id leave Carroll and Downing on the bench and put Jay in as a replacement for Lucas

Kenny should have read my post  :D   

Seriously though, with a better ref, a bit more luck and a little more clinical in front of goal and we'd have won that match.

Just need to drop Carroll and play to our strengths.

Of course he should! But Jay really has got his hands full replacing Lucas.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:03 pm

yet again the smaller club beats us.
yes we can say we was unlucky last night but that not cover why we was still at 0-0 untill we got a player sent off, even with ten men we should have beat them.

poor passing come back again last night, too many high balls put in for someone that has turned out not to be that good in the air.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:56 pm

not going to moan about the ref despite him being absolutely dreadful.

we must have really p#ssed somebody off up there this season is all i'm going to say.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games