Stuart Downing

Whats going on with him??  ???
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:40 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
metalhead wrote:
maguskwt wrote:Lucas had a very good game  :bowdown

Lucas bossed the game, :censored: bossed it, what a :censored: season he is having

HOW ON EARTH DID WE NOT WIN?!

Joe Hart

:(
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:44 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
metalhead wrote:
maguskwt wrote:Lucas had a very good game  :bowdown

Lucas bossed the game, :censored: bossed it, what a :censored: season he is having

HOW ON EARTH DID WE NOT WIN?!

Joe Hart

100% agree

but you have got to ask what the hell Pepe was doing coming out of his goal 4 times pmsl........did some say to him " do you rembember bruce grobbelaar"
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:45 pm

Dundalk wrote:BTW

Stuart Downing

dunno, his crossing is hit and miss, although he made some promising runs in the 2nd half.

Think it's confidence, because he's got the ability and has shown it in an England shirt
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:47 pm

Dundalk wrote:BTW

Stuart Downing

he is a bit hot and cold right now but i am sure he will turn it on soon.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:01 pm

Ive been a fierce critic of Lucas but he was magnificent today no question. He has struck up a good understanding with Adam now and they are forming a decent combination in midfield. I was only dissapointed with Downing and Henderson who again I felt didnt really contribute enough but overall a winning peformance only prevented by a superb Joe Hart. On another note you wonder at this point if Carra was holding Agger and Skrtel back at times because they are playing very well and look comfortable and confident together. Again a very good display on tainted by some excellent goalkeeping and that final finish.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:17 pm

Thought we played great today.  Unlucky a bit maybe.  My one gripe would be Carroll coming on a bit too late.  Was impressed by Henderson (aside from a few poor touches) with his box to box play.  No easy task playing against that midfield.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:19 pm

The Good Yank wrote: Was impressed by Henderson (aside from a few poor touches) with his box to box play.  No easy task playing against that midfield.

Ahh, impressed with Henderson.....he had a very poor game.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby metalhead » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:43 pm

The Good Yank wrote:Thought we played great today.  Unlucky a bit maybe.  My one gripe would be Carroll coming on a bit too late.  Was impressed by Henderson (aside from a few poor touches) with his box to box play.  No easy task playing against that midfield.

Henderson was awful mate, wasteful in possession and invisible most of the game.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:01 pm

Thought we were gonnna get hammered today and when Aguero burst through early in the 1st half I feared for the worst. But we cut of Silva well enough and Lucas was deffo MOM for me.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:09 pm

My rundown of the game:

0-15mins: We showed them a bit too much respect and sat back a little too deep. They controlled the game and we offered little.
15-33mins: We started to play ou natural game but City were still dangerous when they had possession. Charlie Adam misjudges the flight of the ball and Kompany shoulders the ball in. Doesnt take us long to respond though, Adam with a speculative effort and Lescott with the ugly squared (no pun intended) deflection.
33-90: City and pinned back and we just cant get it in the back of the net.

Now, theres plenty of positives to take from that performance and even from the result, but theres also several negatives that need to be highlighted and improved upon in the future.

Positives:

- Our back4 are looking very strong at the moment contrary to expectations. Skrtel has come a long way in terms of awareness and positioning and Agger is finally managing to get games in a row.
- The Lucas-Adam midfield duo is proving yet again that it is one man short of being a strong unit down both ends. With Gerrard returning, we could very well have one of the most balances central midfields in the league.

Negatives:

- Substitutions. I dont know how many times I criticized Kenny for his subs so far this season but this is yet another example of points potentially dropped because we werent able to respond to the game needs quickly enough. Carroll should have come on earlier with City giving us plenty of room down the flanks, and perhaps Maxi could have come on too to get on the end of things like he usually does.

- Henderson. Defensively, he was somewhat solid. As soon as he tried to go forward and make things happen though, he went back to being wasteful, clumsy, and undeserving of a spot in the 11. Its a shame he played the whole 90mins to be honest because I thought he'd be one of the first to come off when we decided to go for the win.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Very pleased with the performance today, a few dodgy moments aside.  We had a gameplan and I think we executed it well.  But for Joe Hart's acrobatics we'd be celebrating another glorious victory against a top side.  Strangely, I've stopped worrying about these encounters because we ALWAYS raise our game.  The true test comes when we go back to playing the bottom half sides.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:47 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Very pleased with the performance today, a few dodgy moments aside.  We had a gameplan and I think we executed it well.  But for Joe Hart's acrobatics we'd be celebrating another glorious victory against a top side.  Strangely, I've stopped worrying about these encounters because we ALWAYS raise our game.  The true test comes when we go back to playing the bottom half sides.

Yeah, we'll see if something has actually changed in the following month, because a performance like this against a top side isn't really anything new.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:14 pm

Thought we played really well, especially after we equalised. City are a good side but they certainly aren't all they're made out to be if you get after them. Thought the defence was good (although Enrique didn't have his best game), Lucas and Adam were both excellent again and Downing had his best game in a long time. Unfortunately once again we came up against an inspired keeper on the day.

Decent run of games coming up now with QPR, Wigan, Villa, Blackburn, Newcastle and the likes.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:51 pm

stmichael wrote:Decent run of games coming up now with QPR, Wigan, Villa, Blackburn, Newcastle and the likes.

Except in the sense that these are the teams we seem to struggle to beat, mate. :D  Perversely, a decent run of games for us at the moment would probably involve tangles with United, Spurs and Arsenal.  :upside:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games