LIVERPOOL VS MANCHESTER CITY - News views and predictions

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby RichardLFC1 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:17 pm

Manchester city at home next.  Absolutely massive game for both clubs. Taking a staggering 34 points out of 36 is an amazing achievement especially as they went to both old trafford and white hart lane and returned with all 3 points.

After our win against Chelsea at the bridge we should be high in confidence and we showed our depth in our squad with bellamy kit and maxi getting rare starts.

Many might say stick with the same team however I disagree. I feel we should attack them from the start and put alot of balls in the box from the wide areas. I don't think Stevie is back yet.

Finding it impossible to do My team selection.

Back 5 of reina Johnson skrtel agger and enrique

However 6 positions for the following players

Lucas Adam Henderson Downing Maxi Suarez carrol and bellamy

I hop we win and think we will win 2-0

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:36 pm

We will beat them :nod
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:48 pm

Same team as last week and we have a chance of beating them. If he goes back to the old team we will do well to get a draw. We go into the game fresh and confident. The opposite of hem after there trip to Italy
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:07 pm

i'd start Carroll for this one tbh...he torn them apart last season and his huge frame would bode well against a Man City defence which is built of giants.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:01 am

We actually started a much weaker team on paper against Man City when we beat them 3-0 last season. We had Spearing, Flano & Aurelio in the starting lineup! You would think that our current signings are a decent improvement on those players.

2-1 to us!
killerp

Postby haps » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:03 pm

killerp wrote:We actually started a much weaker team on paper against Man City when we beat them 3-0 last season. We had Spearing, Flano & Aurelio in the starting lineup! You would think that our current signings are a decent improvement on those players.

2-1 to us!

Mm, but since then, they've gone out and bought Aguero, Dzeko (is that right?) & Nasri, Silva is playing out of this world and Micah Richards is reborn as a quality defender.  And they are playing with a LOT of confidence.  It's so weird that we are now at a place where this is the really big challenge and more daunting than playing Scum or Chelski.  I am a bit worried. 

Having said that I really do believe we can beat them if we get the tactics right which means going at them from the whistle, Suarez having one of his good games and yes, probably starting with the same team as last week.  Would love to beat them - a scrappy 1-0 will do.  It would do great things for our confidence and belief and I think we could go on a winning spree.  Spree - sounds great!   YNWA   :buttrock
haps

Postby stmichael » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:49 pm

as good as city have been going forward i still don't rate them as any great shakes defensively, especially clichy and lescott. we can have a lot of joy down our right imo which is why bellamy has to play on the right with kuyt upfront imo.
Last edited by stmichael on Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:31 pm

stmichael wrote:as good as city have been going forward i still don't rate them as any great shakes defensively, especially clichy and lescott. we can have a lot of joy down our right imo which is why bellamy has to play on the right with kuyt upfront imo.

If Glen Johnson continues the way he played against Chelsea I can see us causing them a lot of problems.

I dont think I would play Bellamy on the right though!

Is Kelly fit yet?  What about Kelly and Johnson on the right, never going to happen but would be interesting against Citeh!

I also think we should play Andy Carroll, his confidence would be up after how well he played against them last season and could be really dangerous
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:44 am

I wouldn't play Carroll on the basis that he had a good game against them last time - it doesn't mean he'll automatically have a good game this time!

Secondly, on current form he doesn't deserve starting the match IMO. Bringing him on in the 60th minute or something maybe better for us and him.

I've noticed also that Henderson has looked much better when coming off the bench too. That said, I'd start him on the right instead of Kuyt being there. I think Kuyt offers no more than Henderson on the right, but Henderson has a tendency (which I think will be good for this game) to drift inside and make up the numbers in CM. If Citeh play a 3 man central midfield (not sure if they do) this would deffo help out Adam and Lucas. That said if Silva operates on their left Henderson would have to cover Johnson and track Silva. I think I'd give Maxi another go on the left ahead of Downing on current form and play Kuyt behind Suarez.

------------------------ Reina

----Johno-------Skittle--------Agger---------Enrique

----Hendo--------Adam------Lucas-------------Maxi
-------------------------Kuyt

-----------------------Suarez
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:00 am

Kuyt can act as a third striker which Henderson cant.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:33 am

Kenny Kan wrote:I wouldn't play Carroll on the basis that he had a good game against them last time - it doesn't mean he'll automatically have a good game this time!

Secondly, on current form he doesn't deserve starting the match IMO. Bringing him on in the 60th minute or something maybe better for us and him.

I've noticed also that Henderson has looked much better when coming off the bench too. That said, I'd start him on the right instead of Kuyt being there. I think Kuyt offers no more than Henderson on the right, but Henderson has a tendency (which I think will be good for this game) to drift inside and make up the numbers in CM. If Citeh play a 3 man central midfield (not sure if they do) this would deffo help out Adam and Lucas. That said if Silva operates on their left Henderson would have to cover Johnson and track Silva. I think I'd give Maxi another go on the left ahead of Downing on current form and play Kuyt behind Suarez.

----Johno-------Skittle--------Agger---------Enrique

----Hendo--------Adam------Lucas-------------Maxi
-------------------------Kuyt

I am not against Maxi playing but that midfield 4 is too slow for me, we will need some pace for this game.
Bellamy has to start.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby RichardLFC1 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:21 pm

I think we are fearing man city when they should be fearing us especially when were at home

Attack them from the start

Reina

Johnson.   Skrtel.               Agger.        Enrique

Henderson.      Lucas.        Adam

Bellamy.         Suarez.          Downing

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:45 pm

Like last time, their most vulnerable spot is their defense. We need to be looking for them to make a mistake there and Suarez and Bellamy are the best for forcing that mistake so that's why they both need to start up front. I'm not sure who should start on our wings though. Henderson will be good to help in midfield but he's a lot better when he comes on as a sub. Rodriguez deserves a start after last game, but Downing's faster and can offer the pace that we'll need a lot in this game.

Reina

Johnson    Skrtel    Agger     Enrique

Henderson   Lucas   Adam    Downing

Bellamy  Suarez

Though I wouldn't mind if Rodriguez and/or Kuyt start
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:48 pm

we're nearly 2/1 to win at home which is great value.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Franky000 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:31 pm

Here's my team....Bellers & Kuyt on the wings, with Maxi playing just off Suarez. I say play Carra...remember that time he played a blinder against Chelsea after he was out injured for so long? His experience will be vital.

----Johno-------Carra--------Agger---------Enrique

----Kuyt--------Adam------Lucas-------------Bellamy

-------------------------Maxi

2-1 to us Suarez, Kuyt, Ballotelli
Last edited by Franky000 on Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Franky000

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games