Liverpool vs Man Utd 13:30 1st Sep 2013 SS1

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby kartiek » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:19 pm

Fowler_E7 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:00 pm wrote:A word of praise for Mignolet as well, unlike others i haven't been particularly impressed with him, but today he was great and the defence really looked settled with him behind them, think hes growing into role and was happy with the way he came out for crosses today.

Good point, I thought Mignolet looked really confident today with the ball at his feet!
kartiek

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:54 pm

stmichael » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:50 pm wrote:RVP should have been off, Carrick could have been off, Jones and Valencia going down like they'd been shot. What an adorable bunch.

I bet they are a sick bunch as well  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:54 pm

The Spanish press says "This Liverpool is contending for everything, even the title".

Well, I am not that happy clappy. But I'm optimistic about the recovery of Liverpool's football and coming back to the top 3 and Champions League football. Good result.  :nod
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:11 pm

devaney » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:46 pm wrote:It wasn't pretty and several players were a little overwhelmed by the occasion. Defensively we did very well and limited United to 4 shots on target. RVP was almost absent until he had a shot in about the 85th minute. Great result. Well done lads. Cracking start to the season. 1-0 Danny Sturridge  - brilliant anticipation.

NO PRIZES FOR GUESSING WHO WROTE THE FOLLOWING BEFORE THE GAME !!!
I also can see that we have struggled in the second half of each game so far , I have seen we rely on one player to create for us with one player scoring the goals , I see us playing a CB who hasn't played one competitive game this season and struggles with players with great movement , I see them clinically getting past a good Swansea outfit at Swansea and since then have reintroduced Rooney into the team. We can win it - if we are 100% on form throughout the game and they are below par - I just don't see it happening. I think we will score early - they will get an equaliser before half time and then turn up the pressure in the second half whilst we start to flag and get a winner

BTN - Where exactly in this post did I mention your name. I'd be ashamed to admit that I wrote that load of shight but that is what you have done !!

No need to be abusive and patronising. Even if it is a last resort you really should try to control yourself.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:21 pm

:laugh:

We beat the Mancs and instead of celebrating you hunt out my prediction post and then repost it to try and score a point - that sums you up perfectly. More interested in scoring points against me than the actual victory.

You enjoy the fact I got my prediction wrong and you were able to score a point against me  - ill enjoy the clubs victory against the Mancs.
Benny The Noon

Postby devaney » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:30 pm

[quote="Benny The Noon » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:21 pm"]:laugh:

We beat the Mancs and instead of celebrating you hunt out my prediction post and then repost it to try and score a point - that sums you up perfectly. More interested in scoring points against me than the actual victory.

Once again. Where was your name mentioned in my after match post?

Now off you go to the Suarez thread and make up a few more rumours - jog on..............
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:36 pm

:laugh:

It was my post you searched for and reposted - so what exactly was your motive

We beat the Mancs and your first thought is to copy a post I made and in bold letters "guess he made this post " !!

So come on Devaney you constantly accuse me of being a troll and WUM - so what exactly was your motive behind copying my post ?

I expect silence or something avoiding the point

We beat the Mancs and your first thought is to go on a wind up. Very sad and very immature but expected :laugh:
Benny The Noon

Postby damjan193 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:42 pm

Jesus Christ guys stop with this f*cking nonsense!

Can't we talk about the game for once?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:46 pm

damjan193 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:42 pm wrote:Jesus Christ guys stop with this f*cking nonsense!

Can't we talk about the game for once?

Game was nerve racking as f*ck ( apart from the nugget in front of me on his I pad !!!! ) - mancs were very poor as we battled like feck for the win. Still a lot of improvements are needed but they can be discussed another day ( when a bit more sober )
Benny The Noon

Postby devaney » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:48 pm

Benny The Noon » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:36 pm wrote::laugh:

We beat the Mancs and your first thought is to copy a post I made and in bold letters "guess he made this post " !!

So come on Devaney you constantly accuse me of being a troll and WUM - so what exactly was your motive behind copying my post ?

We beat the Mancs and your first thought is to go on a wind up. Very sad and very immature but expected :laugh:

What is your motive in admitting that it was your post. You're simply seeking the attention you so desperately crave.

As for my motive I was simply demonstrating what utterly miserable twa.ts some supporters (?) can be. Is it my fault that you openly admit to being one of those miserable tw.ats.

The end.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:54 pm

devaney » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:48 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:36 pm wrote::laugh:

What is your motive in admitting that it was your post. You're simply seeking the attention you so desperately crave.

As for my motive I was simply demonstrating what utterly miserable twa.ts some supporters (?) can be. Is it my fault that you openly admit to being one of those miserable tw.ats.

The end.

So we had just beaten the Mancs - a great wonderful victory with everyone celebrating and your first thought is to have another dig at fellow supporters and "demonstrate" some rubbish. Well done you. Everyone else's first thoughts was to celebrate a great victory.

You certainly demonstrated something today - but it's not what you think. Will leave you to figure it out whilst I enjoy watching the victory again.
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:03 pm

How the feck did RvP stay on the pitch !

And Johnson was a beast today

Aspas isn't ready for these fixtures - far too lightweight on the ball
Benny The Noon

Postby Hustler 2 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:14 pm

I thought we rode our luck today, we gave the ball away loads. I thought they were the better team. Other than the goal we didnt create much, only the Sterling shot.
Get down and Boogie !!!!
Hustler 2
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:15 pm

I think you must have watched a different game to me.

We might not have created much but they created even less
Benny The Noon

Postby Hustler 2 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:17 pm

I thought they had more pressure in final third. Just the way I saw it
Get down and Boogie !!!!
Hustler 2
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games