Liverpool V Tottenham 16:00 10-03-2013

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Boocity » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:55 am

RedHands » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:08 pm wrote:The penalty we got was soft as well. I'd be upset if that was given against us.

You're having a laugh aren't you, that was a bang on penalty, even AVB reviewed the tapes at the end of the game and never conce complained about it.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:53 pm

Boocity » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:55 am wrote:
RedHands » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:08 pm wrote:The penalty we got was soft as well. I'd be upset if that was given against us.

You're having a laugh aren't you, that was a bang on penalty, even AVB reviewed the tapes at the end of the game and never conce complained about it.

Don't we see things differently? To be honest I thought it was close to assault !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby RedHands » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:19 am

I just call them as I see it. I'd be fuming if that was oven against us.

Although I think spurs second goal should have been disallowed. Dawson prevented carra from jumping by pretty much pulling him down.

I really don't think Lucas played well at all. He gave the ball away numerous times, gave away a free kick that resulted in a goal, and got run by a few times like he wasn't even there.
RedHands
LFC Basic Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:24 am

It was a clear penalty - AvB himself conceded that fact
Benny The Noon

Postby damjan193 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:31 am

RedHands » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:19 pm wrote:I just call them as I see it. I'd be fuming if that was oven against us.

Although I think spurs second goal should have been disallowed. Dawson prevented carra from jumping by pretty much pulling him down.

I really don't think Lucas played well at all. He gave the ball away numerous times, gave away a free kick that resulted in a goal, and got run by a few times like he wasn't even there.

The free kick that Lucas "gave away" was just Bale stopping his run and the ref naturally giving him a foul. It shouldn't have been given. I agree that Lucas wasn't at his best though.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:23 am

It was a clear cut penalty and in some countries would have been considered assault.  :laugh:

What gets me is Bale's hysterical behaviour, especially the one that lead to their 2nd goal.

If you ask me the ref should have carded him for his fairy dive and theatrics, if it was Suarez the papers and gutter snip journalists would have been all over it.

Bale is one of the worst cheats in the game and its laughable at the great lengths the Ingish media go out of their way to protect one of their own courageous and talented "lions"  :laugh:  :laugh:

Fking down right racist behaviour if you ask me  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Boocity » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:32 am

eds » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:23 am wrote:It was a clear cut penalty and in some countries would have been considered assault.  :laugh:

What gets me is Bale's hysterical behaviour, especially the one that lead to their 2nd goal.

If you ask me the ref should have carded him for his fairy dive and theatrics, if it was Suarez the papers and gutter snip journalists would have been all over it.

Bale is one of the worst cheats in the game and its laughable at the great lengths the Ingish media go out of their way to protect one of their own courageous and talented "lions"  :laugh:  :laugh:

Fking down right racist behaviour if you ask me  :no

Actually he's welsh not english but I get your point
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:34 am

Silly me,  :upside:

yes well at least you get the point I was trying to make.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Entourage » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:30 pm

Assou-Ekotto couldn't of looked less bothered about conceding that penalty could he? He is an absolute disgrace to Football, pretty sure he said he plays Football for the money not his love for the game. Bell end.

Nice to see us not play so great and beat a top team, first half we were good but 2nd half wasn't so great.

Bale was restricted and the lads did a great job on him, it was how we used to deal with Ronaldo at Anfield. How bad was Jermaine Defoe as well? Apart from giving us the penalty he was bloody shocking. If I ever read that Kyle Walker is a better RB than Glen Johnson again I will not read that paper or go onto that website again, he is so overrated.

Downing was close to man of the match for me, he had the beating of Ekotto nearly every single time he ran at him and I thought he played really well.
Entourage
LFC Basic Member

Postby only me » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:42 pm

damjan193 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:31 pm wrote:
RedHands » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:19 pm wrote:I just call them as I see it. I'd be fuming if that was oven against us.

The free kick that Lucas "gave away" was just Bale stopping his run and the ref naturally giving him a foul. It shouldn't have been given. I agree that Lucas wasn't at his best though.

It was a clear cut foul by Lucas. Let's keep it real. He lost Bale and placed his hands on his shoulder ,Bale's dramatic theatrics were way over blown but this doesn't change the fact he was fouled. The Ref didn't impact the game and got most of his ruling right.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:51 pm

only me » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:42 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:31 pm wrote:

It was a clear cut foul by Lucas. Let's keep it real. He lost Bale and placed his hands on his shoulder ,Bale's dramatic theatrics were way over blown but this doesn't change the fact he was fouled. The Ref didn't impact the game and got most of his ruling right.

So placing your hand on your opponent's shoulder is an an automatic foul?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:21 pm

It was a clear cut foul by Lucas. Let's keep it real. He lost Bale and placed his hands on his shoulder ,Bale's dramatic theatrics were way over blown but this doesn't change the fact he was fouled. The Ref didn't impact the game and got most of his ruling right.[/quote]
So placing your hand on your opponent's shoulder is an an automatic foul?[/quote]

As far as I'm aware of yes it is. I hate player overacting to draw a yellow card or just for plain cheating and Bale does fall into that category of players ,but on that incident yes Lucas fouled him.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:20 pm

Haha that was never a foul in a million years mate.  Rodgers got it spot on after the game when he said, if all of those were given, you'd have 200 free kicks a game.  Every time a player goes into a challenge from the side, you get that, whether it be just forcing your shoulder in front, your elbow, or your hand.  Lucas only touched him as well, you'll usually get some grabbing or pulling, which there was none of.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby RedHands » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:56 pm

The protection Bale got from the referee was ridiculous. If those incidents happened to any other player, it wouldn't have been called.

On another note, I hope that BR can keep the team from becoming complacent after this result. It seems like every time we turn the corner, we have a shocker in the next game (Aston Villa, WBA). We should have thrashed Villa.
RedHands
LFC Basic Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games