Liverpool V Tottenham 16:00 10-03-2013

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:03 am

This week we welcome Tottenham to Anfield in a match where a win for us would be massive not for league position purposes but for the satisfaction that we can still beat teams in the top end of the table.

The reverse fixture this year we lost 2-1 in a game which we could count ourselves very unlucky. Since then some of our players have found some form, Hendo and Downing, and we have also brought it the exciting Phillipe Coutinho and Daniel Sturridge who should return for this fixture.

We come off the back of a 4-0 away win whilst spurs have beaten Arsenal 2-1 and Inter Milan 3-0 both at home.

We have picked up 12 points in our last 6 home games where as spurs have picked up 14 points from their last 6 away

It will be advertised as Suarez V Bale however the talent that bale is he rarely scores against good defences something we have shown to posses.

Line up id like to see

Reina
Johnson   Skrtel   Agger   Enrique

Gerrard    Lucas

Coutinho
Downing                         Suarez
                 Sturridge

Bring out Carra for Skrtel for the fact that Spurs have alot of pace in their side. Allen for Sturridge.

My prediction   2-0 Red men

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:09 am

I'm not so confident. Love to see a win, however I think the way Spurs are playing i'd take 1-1.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:16 pm

3-1 to us. They are due a loss and don't think they will fancy coming to Anfield in the form we are in. Plus they played yesterday so we will be fresher
Doeboy

Postby Entourage » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:29 pm

Spurs hate Anfield.

It's a real good test for us, since the Swansea, Zenit and Wigan wins this will show how good this current group of players are, big test for Coutinho to show what he can do against the better players in this League. I hope Suarez isn't restricted to the left like he was v Arsenal and City away. Wouldn't be too surprised if Coutinho didn't start.

All the talk is going to be about Bale and Suarez, rightly so. Fingers crossed Enrique and Johnson can do a job on Bale if he is to play wide and if he plays centrally then Lucas is more than capable on his day of doing a number on him.

My team would be:

Reina

Johnson - Carragher - Agger - Enrique

Lucas - Gerrard

Allen

Downing - Sturridge - Suarez
Entourage
LFC Basic Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:46 pm

Probably live to regret it but I think we are going to give Spurs a good
hiding in this one.

Been one step forward and two back for the most part for us but if we
go for these I reckon we cause them a lot of problems at the back.

Suarez, Sturridge and Couthino could really do some damage to Spurs.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:11 pm

I've taken more s.hit than I care to remember from Yids on Facebook.

So much so, they consider LFC a laughing stock.

Hate to say it, they're a better team than us and AVB in his first season has eclipsed anything Rodger has achieved.

Not looking forward.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:45 pm

Kenny Kan » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:11 pm wrote:I've taken more s.hit than I care to remember from Yids on Facebook.

So much so, they consider LFC a laughing stock.

Hate to say it, they're a better team than us and AVB in his first season has eclipsed anything Rodger has achieved.

Not looking forward.

AVB inherited a strong, pretty balanced squad. Rodgers has to do much more of a rebuilding job. Hopefully we will be up there with them next year. Looking forward to do this game and can't see no other result other than us taking 3 points
Doeboy

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:51 pm

Entourage » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:29 pm wrote:Spurs hate Anfield.

It's a real good test for us, since the Swansea, Zenit and Wigan wins this will show how good this current group of players are, big test for Coutinho to show what he can do against the better players in this League. I hope Suarez isn't restricted to the left like he was v Arsenal and City away. Wouldn't be too surprised if Coutinho didn't start.

All the talk is going to be about Bale and Suarez, rightly so. Fingers crossed Enrique and Johnson can do a job on Bale if he is to play wide and if he plays centrally then Lucas is more than capable on his day of doing a number on him.

My team would be:

Reina

Lucas - Gerrard

Allen

Downing - Sturridge - Suarez

I reckon the line up will be

Reina

Lucas - Gerrard

Henderson

Coutinho - Sturridge - Suarez
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:17 pm

I think we'll be facing the currently strongest team in the Prem. Regardless of the fact that they won't be half as strong without Bale, they're still, in my opinion, the hardest team to win against at the moment.

But I'd like to add that I wouldn't take a draw if I were offered now. A victory against them would be massive for us, not because it might affect our league standing at the end of the season, but because it'll show that we're moving in the right direction.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:45 pm

I honestly don't think they've been that good.  They've been riding the good form of Bale, and to be honest he's been getting extremely lucky with some of his goals.  If we can shut down, or at least slow down Bale, then we should be fine.  It's one player compared to having to shut down a group of them.

Tottenham and Arsenal are the same, and really united too.  They aren't playing that well and skating by every game winning by one with a lot of luck involved.  Sure it wins games, but when they come to Anfield to play an in-form club like us, we shall see.

With that, I feel like it' been years since we've gotten a result against spurs.  I think they've beat us at home two years running now.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby parchpea » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:48 pm

I dont think Tottenham are anything special to be honest.

The league overall is pretty ordinary this year and even though they
have picked up some good results they havent been that good you
would be in fear of the game.

We all know how good Bale is but I wouldnt focus on him too much
but rather on where we can hurt Spurs with our own good players
and I think we can do them some damage.

They have been better than us this year but then again we are only
just getting started and didnt get a side together until the end of January
so it will be an interesting match up.

As long as we dont make stupid errors at the back that have plagued us in
big games I think we will do alright and give these a chasing.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:48 pm

And interesting Bale was booked for diving again against Inter, and nothing was said.  That's the 5th or 6th time this season he's been booked for diving, and they've stopped talking about that.  If that was Suarez....
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby damjan193 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:11 pm

What do you guys define as "a good team"? Barcelona? Tottenham really aren't anything special but neither are Van Persi United or Do-We-Look-Like-We-Have-A-Plan City. Not to mention Chelsea and Arsenal. I feel Spurs are better than all these, at least at the moment.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:20 pm

ethanr » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:45 pm wrote:I honestly don't think they've been that good.  They've been riding the good form of Bale, and to be honest he's been getting extremely lucky with some of his goals.  If we can shut down, or at least slow down Bale, then we should be fine.  It's one player compared to having to shut down a group of them.

Tottenham and Arsenal are the same, and really united too.  They aren't playing that well and skating by every game winning by one with a lot of luck involved.  Sure it wins games, but when they come to Anfield to play an in-form club like us, we shall see.

With that, I feel like it' been years since we've gotten a result against spurs.  I think they've beat us at home two years running now.

Last year we drew 0-0. The year before they won 2-0

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:34 pm

I thinks it amusing when people say that certain teams arent actually that good when they are miles ahaead of us in the league.
Benny The Noon

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games