Liverpool vs Everton 28/01/2014 8pm kick off

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:27 pm

Oh this is so fun
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:30 pm

Fantastic result! Almost lost my Sh*t when my internet connection went down but thankfully a buddy of mine had the game on TV.

Great game but I don't think that it was as good as the Spurs game. Surprisingly we only had 40% possession, but, boy, did we make every bit of it count!

Absolutely loved how everyone upped their game, especially Gerrard, very captain like performance by him that we haven't see in a while. The attack clinical as ever. Hopefully Brendan and Suarez won't be too upset with Sturridge and that all will be forgiven. Daniel definitely deserves as much, he was fantastic today.

All in all a great result for us. The 3 points were all that mattered but it was lovely to see us score 4 against Everton. We definitely needed this after the bad transfer window.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:34 pm

A lot of people have questioned Gerrard's performances this season, but it has to be said, he's on 6 goals and 6 assists in 19 games, which is pretty damn impressive from a midfielder. I know he's had a few pens, but he hasn't missed one yet and his free kicks are still one of the best.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Kash_Mountain » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:36 pm

damjan193 » Jan 28th, '14, 23:30 wrote:Fantastic result! Almost lost my Sh*t when my internet connection went down but thankfully a buddy of mine had the game on TV.

Great game but I don't think that it was as good as the Spurs game. Surprisingly we only had 40% possession, but, boy, did we make every bit of it count!

Absolutely loved how everyone upped their game, especially Gerrard, very captain like performance by him that we haven't see in a while. The attack clinical as ever. Hopefully Brendan and Suarez won't be too upset with Sturridge and that all will be forgiven. Daniel definitely deserves as much, he was fantastic today.

All in all a great result for us. The 3 points were all that mattered but it was lovely to see us score 4 against Everton. We definitely needed this after the bad transfer window.

Wow, only 40%', it's a sign of a good side when one considers that with just that amount of possession, we made each % count towards victory.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby devaney » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:38 pm

Fk the fact that Everton's defence were poor we played some great football and it could easily have been 7-0. Brilliant pressing and determination from everybody. Perhaps the Gerrard critics may just give it a rest for a week  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:40 pm

only me » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:51 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:13 am wrote:Dreading this TBH, not looking forward to seeing our CB's trying to cope with Lukaku in the air, we couldn't handle him at Goodison and if it wasn't for Mingolet he could have scored 3 or 4, and if Cissokho is playing against the likes of Mirallas then it could be carnage.
Our midfield struggled to get a grip of the game against Bournemouth so I'm not exactly relishing that battle either.
We used to have a great record against Everton but the last 3 games have been draws, got an ominous feeling that they are due a win at our place.
By all accounts Rodgers has said in an interview this morning that we are small squad with a lot of injuries etc etc, a lot of that confidence we had around Christmas seems to have ebbed from us.

I think it's obvious we can't play the 424 formation against ANYONE ,whether it's Villa or Bournemouth ,we must have 3 bodies at least in Central position.
We are at home ,we should apply pressure on them so I reckon we hand them a minimal lose of 5-0.

Damn you Daniel for fcking my prediction!!!  :angry:
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:43 pm

7_Kewell » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:21 pm wrote:good result that puts daylight between us and Everton. Just need Man City to spank Spuds and we'll be sitting pretty in fourth, with an away tie to WBA on sunday.

Why do you want City to win ? At the beginning of the season who the fk would have given us half a chance of being 5 points behind the leaders at the end of January. The title isn't dead yet. KEEP THE FAITH  :D
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:50 pm

Great result, our biggest home win against Everton since the days of Keegan in 1972.
Even though Gerrard and hendo had great individual games we never seemed to get a grip of the midfield and Everton dominated the ball but when we did have possession we were absolutely ruthless.
Coutinho was tremendous in the middle (for a little fella he put himself about) and for the first time in weeks the defence and keeper looked pretty solid too.
Sturridge was fantastic and good to see him apologise in the post match interview for his reaction after being subbed, he just said he was upset and frustrated with himself for missing the pen.
Twice this season I've genuinely thought we could get hammered (spurs away and tonight) and both times we've gone on to hammer the other side.
this one will live long in the memory.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:58 pm

devaney » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:38 pm wrote: Perhaps the Gerrard critics may just give it a rest for a week  :laugh:

I know I will! If he can put a performance like that week in week out Lucas can forget all about first team action. Lead the team properly and looked like he was ready to die on the field today. I might reconsider my thoughts about him playing as DM.

But I think it was a one-off. The importance of the game and it being a derby made him up his game. Nevertheless, he is my MOTM for today.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Dalglish » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:00 am

Just got back from the derby and one to remember for all the right reasons.

Clinical and lighting quick on the break we simply dismantled an Everton side no doubt buoyant pre match.

Continho was simply brilliant as was Flanagan and Gerard.

Sturridge finished well but there is more than a touch of Ego about the lad. He needs to realise it's not who gets on the score sheet. Aside from the penalty he had an easy square pass to Luis but instead chose to blaze the ball high and wide. 6-0 makes the footballing world sit up and take notice and Chelsea, City and Arsenal won't relish coming to Anfield this season.

Luis had a quiet game by his high standards but still provided an assist and a goal.

Got to be pleased with our defensive performance as well after a few shaky performances at the back recently.

I live with and around Bluenoses. Make no mistake this result matters for all sorts of reasons.

Walk on ........
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:16 am

ethanr » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:41 pm wrote:Not a fan of the bickering we've seen among the players. We've played a good game and are about to smash our rivals in a hugely important game, yet everybody seems to be getting upset at each other. We need to settle down.

That's because Sturridge's stupidity was for all to see. He screwed up a penalty, and tried to be too clever when a simple shot would have done. Instead, he decided to try to bamboozle the defender when all he did was bamboozle himself.  :no

Fortunately, we had a great goal margin separating us but this is not the kind of garbage you want to see from one of our key players when we are drawing 0-0 or losing 0-1.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:36 am

devaney » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:38 pm wrote:Fk the fact that Everton's defence were poor we played some great football and it could easily have been 7-0. Brilliant pressing and determination from everybody. Perhaps the Gerrard critics may just give it a rest for a week  :laugh:

Gerrard had a very good game (as did our other mids hendo and coutinho) but we still didn't dominate the ball, so something just isn't quite right.
I also thought gerrard was helped out by how hard the players in front of him worked, even coutinho really got stuck in which was surprising to see. Gerrard made some tremendous blocks on the edge of our box though.
They all played well in fairness, even cissokho, yeah he gave away the ball cheaply a couple of times but he wasn't taken the cleaners by any means.
With our strike force if we could sort out the midfield we'd be a really, really good side.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:54 am

maypaxvobiscum » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:16 pm wrote:
ethanr » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:41 pm wrote:Not a fan of the bickering we've seen among the players. We've played a good game and are about to smash our rivals in a hugely important game, yet everybody seems to be getting upset at each other. We need to settle down.

That's because Sturridge's stupidity was for all to see. He screwed up a penalty, and tried to be too clever when a simple shot would have done. Instead, he decided to try to bamboozle the defender when all he did was bamboozle himself.  :no

Fortunately, we had a great goal margin separating us but this is not the kind of garbage you want to see from one of our key players when we are drawing 0-0 or losing 0-1.

To be fair, he has been out for a while and I think he's trying to make up for lost time. I'm sure the gaffer will sit him down and tell him why he brought him off and I'm confident it'll make him a better player for it.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:56 am

devaney » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:43 am wrote:
7_Kewell » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:21 pm wrote:good result that puts daylight between us and Everton. Just need Man City to spank Spuds and we'll be sitting pretty in fourth, with an away tie to WBA on sunday.

Why do you want City to win ? At the beginning of the season who the fk would have given us half a chance of being 5 points behind the leaders at the end of January. The title isn't dead yet. KEEP THE FAITH  :D

Yeah the skies are looking a little clearer after Bournemouth now Dev

Walk on lads and well in
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:59 am

Quotes from Sturridge on his reaction to being taken off:

"I was disappointed by missing the penalty and felt I'd let myself down as well as the fans," said Sturridge.

"The hat-trick would have been the icing on the cake and it's unfortunate. I was disappointed with myself. It was nothing to do with the manager and I'd like to apologise for my reaction if anybody took any offence.

"It's not about me, it's about the boys and a great victory."

well in lad, he's taken it on the chin and moved on
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games