Everton V Liverpool  Sunday 13.30pm Kick Off.

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:40 pm

laza » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:38 pm wrote:Match reports on several sites saying Suraez was flagged for offside

That linesman deserves to be pelted with lumps of horse excrement on his way out of Goodison Park.
Boxscarf

Postby the lone wolf » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:41 pm

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:
Just about calming down - watching on a 2D screen everyone could tell it was a goal!!!  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

BIG PRAISES TO MR. RODGERS
He knew it needed changing at half time and did so!  :buttrock Thought we edged that 2nd half - unlucky not to have scored early 2nd half.

Let's ALL learn from this and move forward - momentum of play is now beginning to shift.
Got to be happy with the draw - no 'real' injuries - and now we can ALL CUSS the officials for another week  :angry:

Luis Suarez:
He may just be the biggest C*NT in the game today; but he's our C*NT  :hearts
LONG LIVE KING LUIS
the lone wolf
LFC Basic Member

Postby mart » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:44 pm

the lone wolf » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:41 pm wrote:BIG PRAISES TO MR. RODGERS
He knew it needed changing at half time and did so!  :buttrock Thought we edged that 2nd half - unlucky not to have scored early 2nd half.

Imo the big change was that they lost their best player in mirallas and his replacement was completely invisible. 2nd half we seemed content to park the bus and hoof the ball forward in the hopes of some more suarez magic.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:45 pm

mart » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:44 pm wrote:
Imo the big change was that they lost their best player in mirallas and his replacement was completely invisible. 2nd half we seemed content to park the bus and hoof the ball forward in the hopes of some more suarez magic.

It worked though didn't it? We would have had three points if it wasn't for a 'blind as a bat' linesman who should be sent of Vision Express for a check up.
Boxscarf

Postby lakes10 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:46 pm

done by the ref in the end, was a goal.

not more you can say about the game, they are a better side than us right now but they could not beat us.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the lone wolf » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:47 pm

Fair comment - however BR can only manage his team, not that of his opponents.
BR showed clear daylight in terms of tactical know how today - which suprised me.
I geuss I am saying, just like Neo in The Matrix -
I'm starting to believe...
the lone wolf
LFC Basic Member

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:54 pm

Completely disgusted by that offside flag at the end.  Never in a million years was he off and it's that level of incompetence that really winds me up.  Nor was that the only incident--Marriner made a number of questionable calls (Stirling's yellow, Agger's yellow) that made it clear the crowd was influencing him.  Nothing compares to that blown offside, though.

It's a tough one to take as we were up and cruising until Osman's strike.  After that we couldn't seem to keep hold of the ball.  In hindsight, I might have played Shelvey from the outset instead of Sahin to give our midfield a bit more bite.  Still, we did a better job of containing them in the second half and had a couple of chances to finish them off (Stirling's miss being the big chance spurned) before we actually did finish them off of course (feckin' linesman). :no
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:54 pm

really disapointed we threw away a 2 goal lead so easy and so quickly and then denied the win at the death because of a numpty linesman.
credit to rodgers for some ballsy changes at half time and it paid off as we contained them a lot better in the 2nd. as usual we had our chances to wrap this up but didnt take them.
sooner pepe is back the better because jones distribution is poor and isnt confident with it as his feet.
anyway a point against an inform everton isnt a bad result at the end of the day.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:59 pm

Hard to judge how I feel with the draw, 2-0 lead thrown away.

Looked like we were being overrun before  halftime, some good changes by BR stemmed the breach in second half.

Then robbed at the end
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:02 pm

What a disgrace the disallowed goal was. Just how long did the linesman take to put his flag up? I think it was the same linesman that made a mistake that could have caused us real problems in virtually the first minute of the game. Impressed that BR made the changes at halftime. That is certainly something that never happened under Rafa or Kenny. Not sure that the substitutions worked though and thought we looked very average until Henderson came on for Wisdom.

If Suarez has made BR look silly then that dive of Neville's made that twa.t Moyes look like a fkg idiot. No doubt he will dismiss it in the same way as Pullis condones stamping on people.

I just hope the police can lift a finger print off the coin that was thrown at Suarez which Luis picked up and put in his boot.How those bitter fkrs have the cheek to have a go at us is beyond belief.
Last edited by devaney on Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:03 pm

mart » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:44 pm wrote:

agreed, mirales had wisdoms number today and ripped him to shreds in the first half, all evertons attacking threat came from down that flank and i bet wisdom was glad when he never came out for the second half.
on the opposite side of the pitch i thought enrique had a really good game and stood up well even when everton pushed fellaini over there.
our second half performance was a joke though, hitting long balls to suarez and sterling is about as desperate as it gets. our midfield definately lost the battle today, everton dominated the ball.
and the `goal that wasnt` came from a big man heading a cross back across the face of goal, no doubt andy carroll saw the irony in that.
joe allen was immense today and showed a lot of heart and suarez had a good game too, but any time you are 2-0 up in a game and you dont come away with the 3 points it feels like a defeat.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby mart » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:08 pm

Boxscarf » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:45 pm wrote:

It worked though didn't it? We would have had three points if it wasn't for a 'blind as a bat' linesman who should be sent of Vision Express for a check up.

Yes i'm not complaining but i dont think it worked because it was a brilliant tactical decision. Everton controlled the game except for the first 20 minutes.

I dont think it was very wise of Brendan to play 3 teenagers in a game like this either. They could not handle the pressure. Wisdom was lucky that mirallas didnt turn up for the 2nd half.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:19 pm

Whilst at times we were under pressure from an "up for it" Everton we still had ample opportunities to win the game that we didn't exploit

Sterling going for a hollywood chip come curler when a simple pass to a virtually unmarked Luis was on pi'ssed me off no end

And I was leaping up and down like a nutter in sheer frustration when in the second half Luis got free inside the right hand side of the Everton area only to look up and find that he was the only red shirt in there   :angry:

Disallowed match winning goal aside, letting a 2-0 lead slip we maybe got what we deserved but even then the three points were definitely still there to be taken.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC1990 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:36 pm

Man utd just had an offside goal awarded

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby NorfolkRed » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:40 pm

devaney » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:02 pm wrote:If Suarez has made BR look silly then that dive of Neville's made that twa.t Moyes look like a fkg idiot. No doubt he will dismiss it in the same way as Pullis condones stamping on people.

In fairness Moyes said he had a word with Neville at half time about it and Neville himself admitted it
NorfolkRed

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games