Everton V Liverpool  Sunday 13.30pm Kick Off.

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby eds » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:31 am

We were robbed at the end, plain and simple!

To be honest I am starting to become very dis-enchanted with English footy.

After today's result and the farce that was the Manure vs Cheatski it is hard not to accept anything else then blatant corruption at the highest levels of the game, it is a cancer that has destroyed the game.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby dundreamin » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:40 am

Suarez is a marked man by ALL officals but he's a genius. Better than messi
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby only me » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:05 am

This is what I love about Rodgers ,he is quick to react (remember our last manager  :)  ) ,as soon as he detected gaps in his lineup and players under performing he made the changes and saved the game. (and the fact he subbed the 2 players I called for in halftime proves he reads this board on-line). The fact players which are either lazy or cowardly (as Sahin) or outplayed (like Soso) are replaced quickly is a good sign of a manager ,his message is clear show up or sit down.

As to the game ,seems Everton just bullied our players all over the place (fellaini is a dirty bstrd which all day long I hoped would get thrown to the stands by Skertel), and they were pretty effective in intimidating our young players and midfield ,the changes made in the 2nd half + Miralas sub (which is also a violent player but a good one) leveled the playing field.

I thought Allen was the MOTM ,fearless ,aggressive and clinical passer. Skertel also had a good game ,also Enrique with great passes and Suarez which was pretty effective ,Sterling was a handful to the ton defense but should really scored and also limit his solo runs.

Weakest links were Sahin ,which I though played a fearful , Cowardly game ,run away from each tackle and totally lacked character ,Soso which wanted to play but just got overrun by the defenders size and aggressivnes ,Wisdom was outplayed (could happen) and Jones which has a basic confidence problem which is pretty terrible for a goalkeeper and his defense.

Last point ,again it seems England has the worst refs in the game ,it's a total joke and the amount of game changing decision mistakes made EVERY game are ridicules.

We passed the character test and should keep momentum going.

BTW were we tired from Thursday match? I don't think so  :D
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:52 am

eds » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:31 am wrote:We were robbed at the end, plain and simple!

To be honest I am starting to become very dis-enchanted with English footy.

After today's result and the farce that was the Manure vs Cheatski it is hard not to accept anything else then blatant corruption at the highest levels of the game, it is a cancer that has destroyed the game.

I'd like to think that the Premiership is an honest playing field but after the behaviour of that linesman yesterday I'm beginning to wonder. What really annoys me is we will never hear why he flagged so incredibly late for a perfectly good goal. I'm becoming disillusioned.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:28 am

Firstly and importantly it was a merseyside derby, in these games all form goes out the window. I was jumping up and down thinking we were on for giving them a spanking when the 2nd goal went in. Then we seemed to crumble a bit. They sussed out that Sterling's young brain had exploded under the pressure and constantly targeting him trying to lure him in to snap and get sent off. However, step up Uncle Stevie, quick word with the ref, arm around the young Sterlings shoulder and switched him to the other side to see the half out is exactly what the young lad needed. Great piece of captaincy by Gerrard. Then half time came along and Brendan moves things around. How refreshing for Liverpool to have a manager who is willing to take the responsibility to alter the shape and change some players around at HALF TIME. This would've been unheard of under past regimes!
So we kick off the 2nd half with Sterling playing off Suarez and it was instantly recognisable that this was a change for the better. We had a few chances to put it to bed which fell by the wayside but all in all 2 - 2 in a Merseyside Derby with NO red cards and NO injuries was a fair result.
Credit to Everton, they look like they may push up a bit this season, credit to Stevie for the captain's level head, credit to Suarez for the goals, his attitude and that celebration, credit to the whole team for not letting Everton get  a lead on us and finally credit to Brendan Rodgers for a thankless task of been our manager and showing signs of starting to get our club back on it's feet.

and finally...      NO credit to the d!ckhead blind b@stardo of a linesman. That was clearly onside you tool.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:55 am

would have taken a point before the game and i think it was about a fair result in the end despite that abysmal decision at the end. from 2-0 up to half time our defence was shocking, bar skrtel who i thought saved us on many occasions.

if suarez gets an injury we are monumentally screwed.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Kukilon » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:54 pm

Really impressed by how Rogers adjusted the team because it was needed. It's a derby and I would have been happy for a draw but it gives me a sour taste how it ended. That linesman should never ref a game again. I thought they blew it off because of the challenge from Skrtel or whoever it was that headed the ball down... not that it was an offence but that could at least have been argued.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:25 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:58 pm wrote:
metalhead » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:27 pm wrote:Gotta hand it to Rodgers, changed the tactics in the 2nd half and we actually did better.

to hit long balls to sterling and suarez is a ridiculous tactic, i thought we lost the plot second half.
everton bossed the midfield for most of the game imo.

Mate we were hitting long balls in the first half as well, the entire game we didn't stick to our system. All I saw yesterday was long balls and flying tackles, I think the passion of the derby got the heads of both sets of players. In the first half we were completely overrun and we couldn't control it properly. Credit to Rodgers, he changed it, he knew Sahin was struggling and we needed defensive reinforcement hence he brought in Coates to deal with Fellaini. Shelvey got us a bit more discipline in midfield and he did well holding his position.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games