Liverpool vs Everton 28/01/2014 8pm kick off

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:44 am

Can't believe we don't have a thread for this yet, the biggest derby in years!   And I'm going.
The journey begins at 7am tomorrow.  Down to Dublin Port.  Onto the ferry. Arrive at Holyhead, onto a bus, get to Liverpool at around half 2. 

Anyone want to recommend a bar for me?  Haven't made it over in years. 

As for the game, I really hope Sakho and Allen are back.  If not, we'll have to go with a similar line up as we saw on Saturday. 

Yeah I suck at match threads but no else made one so..  :D
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:56 am

Really hope Allen is fit for this one.
I dont fancy playing them with just Gerrard and Henderson as the only recognised midfielders.
I'd take Coutinho out personally.
His form is off and he is looking tired.

I am going myself and finishing work 12:30 then hitting a bar called the Bierkeller.
It is opposite the Hilton hotel off Liverpool 1 mate.
The sportsbar there is usually busy in the day and has free pool in the afternoon so happy days. :)
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:13 am

Dreading this TBH, not looking forward to seeing our CB's trying to cope with Lukaku in the air, we couldn't handle him at Goodison and if it wasn't for Mingolet he could have scored 3 or 4, and if Cissokho is playing against the likes of Mirallas then it could be carnage.
Our midfield struggled to get a grip of the game against Bournemouth so I'm not exactly relishing that battle either.
We used to have a great record against Everton but the last 3 games have been draws, got an ominous feeling that they are due a win at our place.
By all accounts Rodgers has said in an interview this morning that we are small squad with a lot of injuries etc etc, a lot of that confidence we had around Christmas seems to have ebbed from us.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:14 am

Ben Patrick » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:56 am wrote:Really hope Allen is fit for this one.
I dont fancy playing them with just Gerrard and Henderson as the only recognised midfielders.
I'd take Coutinho out personally.
His form is off and he is looking tired.

I am going myself and finishing work 12:30 then hitting a bar called the Bierkeller.
It is opposite the Hilton hotel off Liverpool 1 mate.
The sportsbar there is usually busy in the day and has free pool in the afternoon so happy days. :)

Cheers mate!  might make it over at some point. 

Yeah Coutinho's form is a big worry at the moment.  If Allen was fit i might start him on the bench as well.  Would love to see:

Mignolet
                 Skrtel        Sakho/Toure
Kelly                                              Flanno
                       Gerrard
             Henderson       Allen
Sterling                                  Suarez
                    Sturridge

Allen and Henderson's ability to press high would really let us get in their faces from the kick off.
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:20 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:13 am wrote:Dreading this TBH, not looking forward to seeing our CB's trying to cope with Lukaku in the air, we couldn't handle him at Goodison and if it wasn't for Mingolet he could have scored 3 or 4, and if Cissokho is playing against the likes of Mirallas then it could be carnage.
Our midfield struggled to get a grip of the game against Bournemouth so I'm not exactly relishing that battle either.
We used to have a great record against Everton but the last 3 games have been draws, got an ominous feeling that they are due a win at our place.
By all accounts Rodgers has said in an interview this morning that we are small squad with a lot of injuries etc etc, a lot of that confidence we had around Christmas seems to have ebbed from us.

There is a lot of negativity amongst the fans at the moment but our 2014 form is 4 wins and a draw.  Hardly crisis form   :D 
I get your point though, the injuries have piled up and we're just about able to name a starting 11 at the moment.

I think the key to winning here will be to press them high with a 3 man midfield.  If we can do that they won't be able to get any control of the game.

A lot depends on whether Allen is fit or not.
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:27 am

I was creating one as we type and you beat me too it, it was gonna be the best one yet, taking the p!ss out of the Everton fans with a picture I was creating. Never mind, we better win now!

I actually think we'll walk this.

Liverpool 3 - 1 Everton (Suarez 2, Sturridge)
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:51 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:13 am wrote:Dreading this TBH, not looking forward to seeing our CB's trying to cope with Lukaku in the air, we couldn't handle him at Goodison and if it wasn't for Mingolet he could have scored 3 or 4, and if Cissokho is playing against the likes of Mirallas then it could be carnage.

I think it's obvious we can't play the 424 formation against ANYONE ,whether it's Villa or Bournemouth ,we must have 3 bodies at least in Central position.
We are at home ,we should apply pressure on them so I reckon we hand them a minimal lose of 5-0.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:52 am

dreading this one tbh.
we will have a makeshift defence again and while allen could return to the midfield his fitness might get called into question. last time out it took a late goal from danny to get a point after blowing a 2 goal lead. it will be a bonus to have him from the start.
if we can keep our shape and avoid giving them the run of the midfield then id fancy 3 points which is what we really need.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:56 am

jacdaniel » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:44 am wrote:Can't believe we don't have a thread for this yet, the biggest derby in years!   And I'm going.
The journey begins at 7am tomorrow.  Down to Dublin Port.  Onto the ferry. Arrive at Holyhead, onto a bus, get to Liverpool at around half 2. 

As for the game, I really hope Sakho and Allen are back.  If not, we'll have to go with a similar line up as we saw on Saturday. 

good game to go to lad  :nod
have a good one and i alway found o neils on hannover street good for a pint. friendly bar with a good atmosphere especially after the match  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:09 pm

jacdaniel » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:20 am wrote:

There is a lot of negativity amongst the fans at the moment but our 2014 form is 4 wins and a draw.  Hardly crisis form   :D 
I get your point though, the injuries have piled up and we're just about able to name a starting 11 at the moment.

I think the key to winning here will be to press them high with a 3 man midfield.  If we can do that they won't be able to get any control of the game.

A lot depends on whether Allen is fit or not.

Our pressing game hasn't functioned with gerrard in there all season and even if Allen does start he's going to be barely fit so I can't see our pressing being that effective TBH.
Sakho is a big miss too, benteke dominated our CB's in the air recently and caused all sorts of havoc with his flick on's and I'm sure that wasn't lost on Martinez.
Yes we've had 4 wins and a draw this calendar year but those wins were against Oldham, Bournemouth, Hull and Stoke.
Our recent prem form isn't so impressive and Everton are a good side who have won at old Trafford and drawn at the emirates and they have only lost 2 games all season.
Our only hope is that once again our forwards pull us out of the shyte. Which they are well capable of doing BTW
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:49 pm

leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:04 pm

According to Pearce in the Echo, Allen is touch and go to make it. Sakho is almost certainly still out so really we have no options apart from whether to bring Sterling back for Coutinho who has been struggling recently. With so much riding on this game you can see it being cagey with little in it which means a draw is a likely outcome. I'd like to think though that with our firepower we'd just nick it. They'll have to be on form though because I can't for the life of me see us keeping a clean sheet with our defence.

2-1 to us.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:45 pm

red till i die!! » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:56 am wrote:
jacdaniel » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:44 am wrote:Can't believe we don't have a thread for this yet, the biggest derby in years!   And I'm going.

good game to go to lad  :nod
have a good one and i alway found o neils on hannover street good for a pint. friendly bar with a good atmosphere especially after the match  :nod

Thanks, might stop in for a pint alright!
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:50 pm

What's the odds that this will be the game that skrtel or another one of our defenders concedes a pen due to shirt pulling?
We'll be flapping at the back with the likes of Lukaku and jagielka about so you can bet your bottom dollar than our defenders will almost have them in head locks whenever there's a corner or free kick.
Kelly should have conceded a pen last week with his frankly ridiculous pull of that Bournemouth players shirt so one can't be far away.
It's a cert to happen tomorrow.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:19 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:50 pm wrote:What's the odds that this will be the game that skrtel or another one of our defenders concedes a pen due to shirt pulling?
We'll be flapping at the back with the likes of Lukaku and jagielka about so you can bet your bottom dollar than our defenders will almost have them in head locks whenever there's a corner or free kick.
Kelly should have conceded a pen last week with his frankly ridiculous pull of that Bournemouth players shirt so one can't be far away.
It's a cert to happen tomorrow.

We have got away with it so far. In fact I remember we tend to always get away with in, especially in derbies. Remember the Carragher wrestling move on Lescott??
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games