Liverpool vs chelsea - Anfield : sunday 2nd may 2010 13.30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby LFC2007 » Sun May 02, 2010 4:15 pm

s@int wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:
metalhead wrote:Has Rafa resigned yet?

Dont worry im sure it will be soon and then the celebrations can start until we appoint McClaren as his successor

Probably not the best one to pick :D . FC Twente won the Dutch title today -the first in their history.

:D ..... stick with Fat sam you can't go wrong  :D

'tis true :D  Hodgson getting his team to the UEFA cup final, McClaren winning the Eredivisie....the list of outright p!ss-take suggestions shortens.
LFC2007

Postby bigmick » Sun May 02, 2010 4:21 pm

Leaving aside the inevitable arguments for a second, the game was a good indication of exactly how far off we have allowed ourselves to drift. It raised within it a couple of confirmations of things we already knew, namely that Masherano isn't a right back, Kuyt bizarrely offers considerably less goal threat from centre forward than he does from right midfield, Gerrard's heart isn't really in it right now, and Aquilani has trouble influencing games against reasonable teams.

All in all it was men against boys, and had they had to win it 4-0 to take the title on goal difference, they would have.
Last edited by bigmick on Sun May 02, 2010 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liverpoolusfan » Sun May 02, 2010 4:35 pm

What a lifeless game. The Europa loss seems to have suck all the remaning life from the team.

It was surreal watching the game. With the exception of Aqua and Kuyt early on, the remaining players seemeed resigned to their faith. Some truly bizarre injuries as well.

The feeling of uncertainty in the air of the club's future was felt by all the fans and players it seemed. I could hear the faint chant of "Rafa" by the Kop fans but it seemed to get drowned out by the celebrating Chelsea fans. Even the famous "You never walk along" was strangely not echoed throughout the stadium.

I certainly hope the fans gave the team a decent send off after the game was over at least.

This summer is going to be very interesting for all the fans regardless on which side of the fence you are on.
liverpoolusfan

Postby account deleted by request » Sun May 02, 2010 4:39 pm

One worrying thing for me today was the way Aquaman (after a good start) disappeared out of the game after one tackle from Ballack. Never really saw him again till he came off.
account deleted by request

Postby liverpoolusfan » Sun May 02, 2010 4:53 pm

s@int wrote:One worrying thing for me today was the way Aquaman (after a good start) disappeared out of the game after one tackle from Ballack. Never really saw him again till he came off.

Perhaps his teammates lack of interest finally got to him as well.
Last edited by liverpoolusfan on Sun May 02, 2010 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
liverpoolusfan

Postby tubby » Sun May 02, 2010 4:55 pm

Teshie wrote:he keeps deflecting from the tunnel interview in the tunnel but he did say something at the end

"Will you say categorically that you will be at anfield next season?"

"Now after a game like this, we have to talk about a game that we (mumbled something here) better than the speculation"

"but the fans are concerned about the speculation, you can understand that can't you?"

"But the speculation is somethign that we can not control, so we have to talk about games"

then other stuff was said here

"Ok ok, finish" .. I think what he meant was interview finish though so idk, take what you want from it

Just once id like him to tell the interviewer to fuc.k off.   :D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sun May 02, 2010 5:15 pm

Sat with a bunch of United supporters that turned suddenly Liverpool supporters for a day. Was a truely pathetic thing to witness them stoop to such lows considering how sh*te we've been, when asked if we could get a win, I smiled and said you's will be lucky if we draw and that's the best you can hope for. No surprises there as Gerrard played that backpass and secretely, if yet strangely, on the inside I wasn't cursing him but actually nuetral about the whole thing. Not happy to concede, and yet happy that we did because of what it meant. Strange game. Couldn't give a f*ck what if we scored or took the lead as we were actually the better team in the first half. I was non-plussed for want of a better use of phrase. Pathetic, really, to see how those so called fans of their were saying how much quality we had on the pitch and actually applauding some of our play and complimenting by saying how we're too good to be in the position we are in, then it all changed once they went 2-0 up by proclaiming how sh*te we are and that we've a team full of scrap as they spat their dummies out. Hmmm, fickle bunch those lot. Thought I was on newkit for a moment.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun May 02, 2010 6:07 pm

Emerald Red wrote:Sat with a bunch of United supporters that turned suddenly Liverpool supporters for a day. Was a truely pathetic thing to witness them stoop to such lows considering how sh*te we've been, when asked if we could get a win, I smiled and said you's will be lucky if we draw and that's the best you can hope for. No surprises there as Gerrard played that backpass and secretely, if yet strangely, on the inside I wasn't cursing him but actually nuetral about the whole thing. Not happy to concede, and yet happy that we did because of what it meant. Strange game. Couldn't give a f*ck what if we scored or took the lead as we were actually the better team in the first half. I was non-plussed for want of a better use of phrase. Pathetic, really, to see how those so called fans of their were saying how much quality we had on the pitch and actually applauding some of our play and complimenting by saying how we're too good to be in the position we are in, then it all changed once they went 2-0 up by proclaiming how sh*te we are and that we've a team full of scrap as they spat their dummies out. Hmmm, fickle bunch those lot. Thought I was on newkit for a moment.

Your first seven words almost made me throw up....
So did the performance, btw....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun May 02, 2010 6:10 pm

What I's dlike to know was the reaction from the crowd to the lap of honour...anybody care to let me know how it went ?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Scottbot » Sun May 02, 2010 6:55 pm

Wasn't planning to watch the game, arranged a game of golf instead but it was raining so ventured to the pub for the 2nd half. Wha6t a bizarre feeling watching the reds in a game like that. Hated every second of it.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Mon May 03, 2010 1:55 am

Liverpool Players Creche Roundup.

Now, after watching that vid, and all the kids and babies, I can honestly say, my boy is much more handsome than all of them munters !  :wwww
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon May 03, 2010 2:25 am

Smashing video that mate .... thanks very much.

As an expert on body language I think Gerrard is off, Babel is off and Torres will stay. Rafa wants to go but will stay and Aquilani's bird is going to run away with a much older man.
account deleted by request

Postby Kharhaz » Mon May 03, 2010 2:29 am

Gerrard looks heartbroken. At the beginning when he looked at the crowd then looked away, he just looked like a man in despair. Sad times.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon May 03, 2010 6:54 am

bavlondon wrote:
Teshie wrote:he keeps deflecting from the tunnel interview in the tunnel but he did say something at the end

"Will you say categorically that you will be at anfield next season?"

"Now after a game like this, we have to talk about a game that we (mumbled something here) better than the speculation"

"but the fans are concerned about the speculation, you can understand that can't you?"

"But the speculation is somethign that we can not control, so we have to talk about games"

then other stuff was said here

"Ok ok, finish" .. I think what he meant was interview finish though so idk, take what you want from it

Just once id like him to tell the interviewer to fuc.k off.   :D

Whether I want Rafa at Anfield next season or not, I do wish the media would fe ck off too. EVERY opportunity they have to keep asking, stick to the MATCH vermin. The facial expression of the woman on ssn last night after that rather embarrassing attempt to glean something said it all for me. And it was embarrassing, they want scraps to feed off but will speculate regardless.

As for the game, well played Gerrard. If you can't win the league and have no hope of finishing fourth then right royally screw the mancs. If I was him I'd send fergie a bottle of whiskey with a note, "stick this and 'pride' up your Rs".

The result was immaterial to us, the season ended on Thursday and playing so many who played then was always going to reduce our chances of winning through fatigue - both physical and mental. Did we look like scoring? Never in a month of Sundays did we, it was going through the motions at its very best. Apparently Chelsea have done the double over us three times now during Rafa's reign and each time previously they won the league.............................

You do wonder how many of the players and staff will be here next season though. 19 defeats this season, joint most under Rafa.

Most season defeats under Rafa

19 (09/10) : 19 in 55 games (34.55%)
19 (04/05) : 19 in 60 games (31.67%)
16 (06/07) : 16 in 58 games (27.59%)
11 (05/06) : 11 in 62 games (17.74%)
9 (07/08) : 9 in 59 games (15.25%)
5 (08/09) : 5 in 55 games (9.09%)

So from last season with the least defeats to this season with the joint most, top by virtue of us playing less games. We will play more games this season than last because we competed in two different European competitions

Most Premiership defeats

16 (93/94) : 16 in 42 games (38.10%)
15 (92/93) : 15 in 42 games (35.71%)
14 (98/99) : 14 in 38 games (36.84%)
14 (04/05) : 14 in 38 games (36.84%)
11 (09/10) : 11 in 37 games (29.72%)

Talking of interviews with s*y, did everyone notice how Bruce HAD to mention the Chelsea result? Might as well have done the interview wearing a manc shirt
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon May 03, 2010 7:01 am

bigmick wrote:Kuyt bizarrely offers considerably less goal threat from centre forward than he does from right midfield

Did you catch the one shot on MOTD where Kuyt was ONE Liverpool player among FIVE Chelsea players....................!!?!?!? He needs players around him to play neat interpasses, not try to hold up a long hoof while the rest amble forward knowing there's no point breaking a sweat as he's no chance.

If Rafa seriously wanted to win things he'd stop moving Kuyt about and play N'Gog or Babel CF, it's not as if Benayoun isn't available to play LM - or Maxi.

With Rafa it is always a question of which signings will be frozen out or overlooked. Aquilani isn't always picked, Degen is third or fourth choice behind a RB who can't defend and a DM who lacks the attacking skills. He won't play Riera, he won't play Babel in his preferred/designated position of CF, I could name a few others but Rafa handicaps himself if he isn't the handicap.

A number of players must be considering their future, they'd be stupid not to be. Whether Rafa leaving would be the catalyst or halt a few, who knows? I doubt many of the better players will want EDL football and to be playing that football next season.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games