CHELSEA VS LIVERPOOL - Sunday 20th november 4.00pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ethanr » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:01 pm

metalhead wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Jose Enrique is a beast of a player ,great substitutions from Daggerz, 3 points and we're growing with every game .

:nod

What a player Enrique is, Mata couldn't get anywhere near him today, everytime Mata had the ball Enrique would take it off of him

Well in, DESERVED WIN! they dominated the first 25 minutes of the 2nd half, thats about it then the game looked like it will end a draw. Chelsea rarely threatned in the first half and we looked far more dangerous. What a goal by John Barnes...oh wait no Lionel Messi... err Glen Johnson! made Cashley look like a fool :D

Said the same thing to my brother.  Mata is consistently in the Spain squad, and starts sometimes as well.  Enrique can't get into it, and yet he completely handled Mata in every aspect today.

Everybody was talking about an ex-Liverpool player scoring the winning goal for Chelsea... Nobody thought it would be the ex-chelsea player scoring the winner for Liverpool.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Dundalk » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:06 pm

Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:06 pm

Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:08 pm

Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:00 pm

Torres warming up towards #lfc fans, some respond with traditional terrace hand signals from the Reverse Churchill to the Rolling of a Dice

^^^^ henry winter :D

Gary Neville had best gag of the day: "You wonder if Luiz is being controlled by a 10yr old in the crowd with a PlayStation

:laugh:
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:25 pm

thought we were exceptional apart from the first 20 minutes of the second half. first half we dominated completely.

bellamy has to be used more as he's a constant threat. suarez was really poor by his standards but we got away with it.

the defence is still excellent and anybody who thinks carra should come back into that side is living in cloud cuckoo land.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:37 pm

stmichael wrote:thought we were exceptional apart from the first 20 minutes of the second half. first half we dominated completely.

bellamy has to be used more as he's a constant threat. suarez was really poor by his standards but we got away with it.

the defence is still excellent and anybody who thinks carra should come back into that side is living in cloud cuckoo land.

you rate Skirtel?  I don't and had my head in my hands when he completely miss kicked a clearance in the 2nd half
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:47 pm

7_Kewell wrote:you rate Skirtel?  I don't and had my head in my hands when he completely miss kicked a clearance in the 2nd half

he played every game last season and is part of the team with the joint best defence this season. whether you like him or not he's been excellent recently. the defence looks far better without carragher, period.
Last edited by stmichael on Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby dundreamin » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:22 am

Carra what FINISHED??? you are a d.ickhead mate, get a grip
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby maguskwt » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:41 am

stmichael wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:you rate Skirtel?  I don't and had my head in my hands when he completely miss kicked a clearance in the 2nd half

he played every game last season and is part of the team with the joint best defence this season. whether you like him or not he's been excellent recently. the defence looks far better without carragher, period.

agreed... it is so obvious that Carra-Skrtel partnership does not work at all... Carra-Agger partnership isn't that bad... but now that Skrtel-Agger partnership is looking solid, why change? I'm afraid Carra has to be back up for the CB spot now...

Kenny has to be ruthless and decide who's the best XI from now on. It seems that playing Maxi and Bellamy gives the team a better goal threat... I would use Downing and Henderson and Carroll how he used them today, as subs. Kenny has to face the reality and not swayed by how much money we've spent on these players.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:44 am

It's always sweet to beat the Chavs on their patch, isn't it?  Quality performance from the lads today and we thoroughly deserved all three points. If only we could play the top sides every week, eh? :;):
Last edited by Bad Bob on Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Dalglish » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:22 am

dundreamin wrote:Carra what FINISHED??? you are a d.ickhead mate, get a grip

I think its you who needs to get a grip mate !

We just beat the Chavs at Stamford Bridge for the 3rd time in 4 seasons and you want to trade insults with a fellow Red ?  :Oo:

St Michael was expressing an OPINION, that's one of the things  Football Forums are for, the other being DEBATE.

Debate with the lad by all means but getting personal and offensive just cos the lad expresses an opinion is not on.

Walk on.............
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:31 am

Ha I knew we would beat Chelsea.

Funny how Kenny did not want to start Carroll, Henderson or Downing :;): ...he did however pick the best lineup we can muster right now in my opinion.

Please Kenny don't change this lineup for the Man City game!
killerp

Postby Dalglish » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:41 am

Whilst I agree its been a great day and beating Chelsea on their own turf is sweet I don't expect Kenny to start with the same lineup next Sunday against City. For one we at Home and secondly we should use Carroll who will scare the living daylights out of City after last season's marauding 1st half performance when we battered them and were 3-0 up before City realised the game had kicked off !
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:07 am

Dalglish wrote:Whilst I agree its been a great day and beating Chelsea on their own turf is sweet I don't expect Kenny to start with the same lineup next Sunday against City. For one we at Home and secondly we should use Carroll who will scare the living daylights out of City after last season's marauding 1st half performance when we battered them and were 3-0 up before City realised the game had kicked off !

Was thinking the same thing.  After bagging two really good goals and running them ragged throughout, I can't imagine Carroll will start on the bench.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games