Chelsea vs LIVERPOOL - Sunday 10 May 2015 - 16:00 KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby C-R » Sun May 10, 2015 6:07 pm

Gerrard's interview there was class

Question: "What was it like standing ovation from CFC fans?"

SG: "I preferred the LFC fans' ovation. It was nice of them CFC fans to turn up."
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun May 10, 2015 7:32 pm

Thats it over now anyway  :down: What a fooking shyte season full of disappointment and the team is no better for it either. Glen johnson with no future at the club is undroppable while moreno watches on. Gerrard gets us 4 pts out of the last 2 games and is the clubs top goalscorer this season  :help  Looking at that squad today is proof at how we spunked a fortune away  :nod

Poor first half but did much better in the second when the llama went off and coutinho moved into a position to pull the strings. Motm for me.
There is a lot of work to be done there in the summer and first thing should be a new manager and ceo. It will be more of the same shyte next season otherwise.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 10, 2015 8:04 pm

I thought we did okay myself, going to Stamford Bridge isn't easy and I thought we gave a good account of ourselves.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon May 11, 2015 2:01 am

One could see in this game that the only thing that was wrong is not having a good striker up front. Besides that we could play and match against Chelsea. As I have said numerous times the Balotelli and Lovren purchases were failures which hurt our season together with the injuries of Sturridge. But with Balotelli, almost everyone expected him to be a good striker and good value when we bought him. Almost no one expected him to be a failure to this extent.

Our squad is a good squad. There are alot of good young players in it and if the owners decided to change managers it will be a big mistake. Even Rush and Barnes were saying that Rodgers deserve another season and see how the squad develops.

Looking forward the good news are:
1. Mignolet seemed to have turned his form around. So a new goalkeeper may not be high priority.
2. We still have good young attacking players in Coutinho, Lallana, Markovic, Ibe and Sterling. I feel that Moreno is a good young LB too.
3. Flanagan is set to return.
4. Origi is set to arrive.
5. Keep Lucas.

Looking forward the bad news are:
1. Sturridge's injuries are not looking good.
2. We need minimum 1 additional striker
3. We need to replace Gerrard
4. We need to strengthen our defence

With that, we probably need 3 new good players to be challenging for the top 4 and the title consistently. 2 new players is a minimum to progress and get back to Top 4 IMO.

1 new striker who can score consistently
1 new CM to make the team more solid and replace Gerrard
1 new CB to improve the defence and replace Lovren

Or

2 new strikers to completely revamp our strikeforce (we can't rely on Sturridge)
1 new CB to improve the defence and let Can play at CM
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Mon May 11, 2015 9:18 am

Well said Mags !! A bit of positiverty...... Just not sure that I would do a lot to keep Sterling if a sensible offer came along.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 11, 2015 10:42 am

I thought Lovren had a decent game yesterday, his performances have improved of late as well.
Personally I wouldn't waste any money on defenders, Can, Skrtel and Sakho have shown that they are a competent back 3 especially if they get good protection from midfield.
Lovren is starting to show that he is a decent back up option and I'm confident Ilorri will play himself into the fold in pre season, he looked like a Rolls Royce last pre season until he got injured. His passing from the back in particular was superb and a back 3 of Can, Ilorri and Sakho could be potentially the best ball playing back line in Europe!
We are not going to have a fortune to spend so I'd save all our money for a top CM and Striker.
This season was disappointing but it's not all doom and gloom, we still have the makings of a good side.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Mon May 11, 2015 11:38 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 11, 2015 9:42 am wrote:I thought Lovren had a decent game yesterday, his performances have improved of late as well.
Personally I wouldn't waste any money on defenders, Can, Skrtel and Sakho have shown that they are a competent back 3 especially if they get good protection from midfield.
Lovren is starting to show that he is a decent back up option and I'm confident Ilorri will play himself into the fold in pre season, he looked like a Rolls Royce last pre season until he got injured. His passing from the back in particular was superb and a back 3 of Can, Ilorri and Sakho could be potentially the best ball playing back line in Europe!
We are not going to have a fortune to spend so I'd save all our money for a top CM and Striker.
This season was disappointing but it's not all doom and gloom, we still have the makings of a good side.

Good post mate, agree with all your points
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon May 11, 2015 11:56 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 11, 2015 9:42 am wrote:I thought Lovren had a decent game yesterday, his performances have improved of late as well.

Agreed mate, but it depends on what Can's long term position will be. To be honest as far as we have seen him play in red, he impresses in defence than in CM. But theoretically, he is perfect as a CM, a box to box CM at that, and that's also the position he wants to play in. Considering the fact that a good CM like Barkley would cost us a fortune, it maybe a good idea for BR to mould Can into a good CM and bring in a defender...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon May 11, 2015 1:30 pm

maguskwt » Mon May 11, 2015 10:56 am wrote:

Agreed mate, but it depends on what Can's long term position will be. To be honest as far as we have seen him play in red, he impresses in defence than in CM. But theoretically, he is perfect as a CM, a box to box CM at that, and that's also the position he wants to play in. Considering the fact that a good CM like Barkley would cost us a fortune, it maybe a good idea for BR to mould Can into a good CM and bring in a defender...

When are you two and Brendan Rodgers gonna  get your heads out of your R soles and recognise that CAN IS NOT A RIGHT BACK OR THE RIGHT SIDE OF A BACK THREE !!!    :veryangry

For ***** sake the fella's done his best trying to accomodate BR's tactical genius which has resulted in us seeing Can performorming to at best 70% of his capabilities !

He should be played as either as an aggressive DM (Think Lucas with the skill to break forward) or a Box to Box CM (Think Henderson with more skill)

Every time the pair of you whine on about "how "competent" Can is as part of a back three just does my f*cking head in .    :veryangry

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby maguskwt » Mon May 11, 2015 2:02 pm

woof woof ! » Mon May 11, 2015 12:30 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Mon May 11, 2015 10:56 am wrote:

When are you two and Brendan Rodgers gonna  get your heads out of your R soles and recognise that CAN IS NOT A RIGHT BACK OR THE RIGHT SIDE OF A BACK THREE !!!    :veryangry

For ***** sake the fella's done his best trying to accomodate BR's tactical genius which has resulted in us seeing Can performorming to at best 70% of his capabilities !

He should be played as either as an aggressive DM (Think Lucas with the skill to break forward) or a Box to Box CM (Think Henderson with more skill)

Every time the pair of you whine on about "how "competent" Can is as part of a back three just does my f*cking head in .    :veryangry

What did my post say Mr Moderator?  ???

BUT... in some of the games where Can had to play in the middle (can't remember which games) there were times he seemed like a deer in the headlights. Whereas he played consistently well at the back. That's not to say that he could be moulded into a very good DM or box-to-box CM as you have highlighted...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon May 11, 2015 3:27 pm

maguskwt » Mon May 11, 2015 1:02 pm wrote:
What did my post say Mr Moderator?  ???

BUT... in some of the games where Can had to play in the middle (can't remember which games) there were times he seemed like a deer in the headlights. Whereas he played consistently well at the back. That's not to say that he could be moulded into a very good DM or box-to-box CM as you have highlighted...

I'm referring to

he impresses in defence than in CM

IMO he hasn't impressed in defence !, there's been loads of times when he's caused a great deal of panic through out our defence because of his errors and we've been lucky on more than one occasion to get away with them.  Teams have often targeted him, even more so than the left side of our defence, as every opposition manager has spotted that he's suspect in that right sided defensive role.

Having said that,  because of his inherent quality I'd say despite being played out of position he has done well enough, but imo the fella isn't realizing his full potential.

As for your  "Deer in the Headlights as a CM"comment, christ sake ! just how many minutes has he been given too play and settle in that position with LFC ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby algymoon » Mon May 11, 2015 6:24 pm

Bad game, if we had a decent striker/finisher we might had a chance to beat the scum Chelsea who do not deseve any respect.. The worse time when LFC paid the respect to them at start of the match..

The idiot BR said he was short of three players weren't avaliable to finish above Chelesa.. Well he had forgoten that he had bought 6 - 7 players in order to overcome the loss of three main players!!!
If he remains in charge for next season, I would expect the same position that LFC find itself now, or might be even worse.
The drak days are ahead. I have no faith in this Sh*t BR even if he spend another £250M on more average players.
algymoon

Postby C-R » Wed May 13, 2015 9:23 am

I still think we could have won this game, with a fit Sturridge, or a decent striker up top
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Wed May 13, 2015 10:03 am

C-R » Wed May 13, 2015 8:23 am wrote:I still think we could have won this game, with a fit Sturridge, or a decent striker up top

Could have said that exact same thing many times this season mate
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby C-R » Wed May 13, 2015 10:06 am

RedAnt » Wed May 13, 2015 9:03 am wrote:
C-R » Wed May 13, 2015 8:23 am wrote:I still think we could have won this game, with a fit Sturridge, or a decent striker up top

Could have said that exact same thing many times this season mate

Yes your quite right mate, such a shame, we recruited very badly especially in the strike force, i think this is the current managerial setup's last chance to get it right
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games