LIVERPOOL VS ASTON VILLA - Anfield: 06/12/2010 20:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby burjennio » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:18 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
burjennio wrote:OMG - ANDY GRAY JUST SAID HOULLIER LEFT BENITEZ A BETTER SQUAD THAN RAFA LEFT ROY.

:laugh:  :laugh: here we :censored:.in go ,

Typical bluenose! He couldnt keep his gob shut he had to have another go at Benitez! Sky have a vendetta against the man ffs!

FWIW I think both left some quality but alot of rather medicore players too
burjennio

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:19 pm

Word on the wire is Fernandos mrs has had a boy ,  :nod
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:20 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Word on the wire is Fernandos mrs has had a boy ,  :nod

get him into the youth set up now  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rocky29 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:20 pm

burjennio wrote:OMG - ANDY GRAY JUST SAID HOULLIER LEFT BENITEZ A BETTER SQUAD THAN RAFA LEFT ROY.

he was only stating the obvious.
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:21 pm

rocky29 wrote:

he was only stating the obvious.

can the mods PLEASE ban this wind up merchant.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:39 pm

It's going to be a damn shame when Stevie comes back and Raul is shifted out to the right side. :help
Zidane

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:44 pm

Zidane wrote:It's going to be a damn shame when Stevie comes back and Raul is shifted out to the right side. :help

he cannot...and MUST not put the lad back out wide. He's a central midfielder and a bloody good one at that. Gerrard should go out right and Cold and Maxi out left.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:45 pm

Good performance good result - now let's do it in the away games as well .
Benny The Noon

Postby rocky29 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:48 pm

when i said ages ago put stevie on the right wing everyone laughed at me. Its about time some people on here started showing me some much deserved respect.
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby dundreamin » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:07 am

Let's not get carried away folks. Villa were s.*i*e
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby only me » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:11 am

Raoul wrote:
only me wrote:
burjennio wrote:Seriously in our last six games Lucas had been making the amount of tackles per game that even Mascherano would have been struggled to reach. He just DOESNT STOP RUNNING

I would like to see Lucas shine in games where it matters. Not to take from his great performance but Villa were pure $hiite today.

Like Chelsea and Spurs this year?

Only game i missed this season was the Chelsea game although i was told Lucas was good. As much as i would like to join the Lucas Fest which is going on here ,i'm a still miles from being close to changing my opinion on the lad. The memories of the last years are still burned into my forehead and this pretty medicore year we are having so far hasn't place Lucas in a different place.

He does play better i admit, and he does have Paulson which makes him look much better ,but he is to convince on a weekly basis against teams which press us and he must offer much much more when it comes to deep passes. So Enjoy your day Lad nad newly lucas followers but time will tell. Surely not a few games.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:11 am

I thought our defensive work was very impressive tonight and the front two in particular made a great deal of difference to that aspect of our game, particularly first half. Babel actually looked enthusiastic for once, while Ngog gazelled about the park closing the passing angle to their midfield. On top of that, the midfield and defence was really very well disciplined. Sometimes you'll see a lag between the two lines and that can allow the opposition to get a foothold in dangerous areas, but tonight we denied Villa those opportunities with our organisation and work-ethic. Too often this season we've retreated too far back the way, but tonight we held our shape, pressed in the right areas and backed each other up - that is very important to keeping a tight defensive unit. It was a solid foundation and with our attackers looking very lively and it must be said - Villa looking decidedly dodgy - we were able to get the goals that put the game beyond doubt. I must say that I was a little surprised by how comfortable it all was, as without Torres I feared we might struggle - it just goes to show the value of a collective effort. In terms of individual performances, I'd say that Lucas and Ngog (amazingly  :D ) stood out for me, they were as influential as anyone first half, Maxi as well, thought he did well.
LFC2007

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:13 am

Interesting point made by the Sky team tonight, at the same point last year we where 13 points from the league leaders. This year we are only 10 points behind... improvement?

Another game where we look to have improved. Things seem to be getting better
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby metalhead » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:14 am

rocky29 wrote:when i said ages ago put stevie on the right wing everyone laughed at me. Its about time some people on here started showing me some much deserved respect.

:laugh:  :laugh:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:26 am

I thought Lucas had another great game.  the Lucas Merieles pairing seems to have some balance.

I hope when Gerrard comes back we play him off Torres .

KUYT     LUCAS    MEIRELES    MAXI

GERRARD     TORRES

Loads of goals in there
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games