chelsea v LIVERPOOL sunday 29th 4.00pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:15 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:25 pm wrote:Call me sceptical ,but Mourinho has been saying for days how he hoped Suarez would pick up a knock, and then he clearly sends Eto out with
instructions to maim the player he evidently saw as the driving force behind our good form of late.... Smokescreen complete ,as now we're
left with Henderson's usual boundless energy and running hampered by Eto's cynical hatchet job.

It was easy for Chelsea after that, as Henderson was forced to drop deeper and Suarez was left virtually Isolated with Sterling virtually the only
other source of invention doubled up on ,that left just Coutinho and Chelsea worked hard closing him down all game.

Last word ,Glen Johnson's performance today soiled the shirt on his back ,absolutely abject disgraceful soulless display ,I lost count how many
times he dithered on the ball and conceded possession without so much as an attempt to win the ball back....A player whose performances
become more grotesque with every game he is allowed to play.

Its amazing how Referees seem to give us anything when one of their own is spoken about  ??? Howard Webb is a bad referee ,his decision making
is truly abysmal ,and it defies logic how he is seen as the standard bearer for officials.

Howard Webb is generally an excellent referee though Red... I've seen him (or not seen him as is mostly the case) roll quality performance after quality performance out. For me, he's one of the best referee's around. The problem comes when he referee's us however. Everytime he does so he seems to put in career worst performances. He literally costs us in every big match we play with shocking decision after shocking decision.

To be quite honest, he's a disgrace when he referees Liverpool.

Rodgers should come out midweek and really lay into that performance as in future it may have an influence on him not refereeing our important games. Its whether he has the bottle to do it though.

On Johnson... I think you're being way too kind. I've always seen this sort of performance from him, even when he occasionally played well. For me, he's another player who needs to be sold. Kelly and Flannagan both bring far more to the table.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:19 pm

I thought Johnson was particularly poor today...I'm also pretty sure he was suppose to be marking Hazard when he scored, free of the defence.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:28 pm

Stu the Red » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:15 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:25 pm wrote:Call me sceptical ,but Mourinho has been saying for days how he hoped Suarez would pick up a knock, and then he clearly sends Eto out with
instructions to maim the player he evidently saw as the driving force behind our good form of late.... Smokescreen complete ,as now we're
left with Henderson's usual boundless energy and running hampered by Eto's cynical hatchet job.

It was easy for Chelsea after that, as Henderson was forced to drop deeper and Suarez was left virtually Isolated with Sterling virtually the only
other source of invention doubled up on ,that left just Coutinho and Chelsea worked hard closing him down all game.

Last word ,Glen Johnson's performance today soiled the shirt on his back ,absolutely abject disgraceful soulless display ,I lost count how many
times he dithered on the ball and conceded possession without so much as an attempt to win the ball back....A player whose performances

Its amazing how Referees seem to give us anything when one of their own is spoken about  ??? Howard Webb is a bad referee ,his decision making
is truly abysmal ,and it defies logic how he is seen as the standard bearer for officials.

Howard Webb is generally an excellent referee though Red... I've seen him (or not seen him as is mostly the case) roll quality performance after quality performance out. For me, he's one of the best referee's around. The problem comes when he referee's us however. Everytime he does so he seems to put in career worst performances. He literally costs us in every big match we play with shocking decision after shocking decision.

Rodgers should come out midweek and really lay into that performance as in future it may have an influence on him not refereeing our important games. Its whether he has the bottle to do it though.

On Johnson... I think you're being way too kind. I've always seen this sort of performance from him, even when he occasionally played well. For me, he's another player who needs to be sold. Kelly and Flannagan both bring far more to the table.

C'mon Stu ,if Webb was one of the best around he would be consistent in his judgements ,the simple fact he seems to blatantly miss any or in this
twatz  case all of our opposing teams many indiscretions mark him down as culpable in our defeat.... That for me proffers a major dent
in the belief he is a good official. He's probably the biggest Cunt from a growing list.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:56 pm

Stu the Red » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:15 pm wrote:

I agree with that. I have commonly said Webb is probably the best ref in the PL, except for when he refs us, United, and Newcastle.  Us and Newcastle don't tend to win games when he's in charge, but united will sure as hell win pretty much every single one.

He's watched Eto'o and even pointed it out. The simple fact is he saw Eto'o purposefully stamp at Suarez. It doesn't matter if he makes contact, the rule is that if a player purposefully tries to kick a player, regardless of making contact or not, it's a foul and that player is sent off.  Pen and a red card, and that's that.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:56 am

ethanr » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:56 pm wrote:
I agree with that. I have commonly said Webb is probably the best ref in the PL, except for when he refs us, United, and Newcastle.  Us and Newcastle don't tend to win games when he's in charge, but united will sure as hell win pretty much every single one.

He's watched Eto'o and even pointed it out. The simple fact is he saw Eto'o purposefully stamp at Suarez. It doesn't matter if he makes contact, the rule is that if a player purposefully tries to kick a player, regardless of making contact or not, it's a foul and that player is sent off.  Pen and a red card, and that's that.

Listen mate I'm not sure what game you're watching, but lets not make this out to be worse than it actually was. Eto'o didn't try and stamp on Suarez, he threw his leg infront of him to ease him out the way and flatten him, nothing more.

It should have been a penalty and yellow card but it wasn't remotely violent what he done. He's only tried to block him off and succeeded.

The tackle in the first minute could have gone either way, he should have AT LEAST received a booking for it. Maybe a red, but it wasn't a stone wall red card... it was the typical "forward's challenge" to use a cliche.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby ethanr » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:53 am

Gotta disagree. Sticking your leg out is sticking your leg out. Lifting your leg upwards and stamping down at Suarez's ankles is completely different, and that's what he did. A trip is a trip, but that was a stamp.

Anybody have a clip of the first tackle from Eto'o on Hendo? It was so late I didn't get a good look at it during the game.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Red Focus » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:05 am

It's half term report card time now folks and dropping down to 5th from 1st on Christmas Day is a bitter pill to swallow and reality has set in as it dispelled the fantasy that we're title contenders which we are obviously not and should aim for the more realistic goal of 4th place finish as Arsenal, City and Chelsea at the moment are clearly much much better than us. 5th place right now I would say is a fair position to be in considering our squad is paper thin and we have been missing our 3 key players since end of last month. How can we be title contenders when our subs bench consist of average players and teenagers and one 16 year old Rossiter who is of school going age? While those 3 big guns have matured, international players on their subs benches.

Nevertheless, 4th place finish is still possible and our rivals for that spot are Everton, manure, Spurs and Newcastle. If we're to continue with the current available players for the 2nd half season, then 6th place finish will be the best we can do. But with the return of Stevie, Sturridge and Enrique and a few reinforcements(hopefully), then I don't see why not. Whenever we play any of our central defenders Skrtel/Agger at right/left back position, it's a disaster and in fact we were lucky we didn't concede any more in the 2nd half.

Our wing back positions are in shambles at the moment. Who do we have? Johnson, Kelly, Flanagan and Enrique. Enrique I would say is the best we have, Johnson's form has been erratic but seems to be on the decline recently with lethargic display. Flanagan is still too young. Kelly is too inury prone and lacking match fitness. We need reinforcements in both wing back positions, a defensive midfielder to replace Lucas who is a decent tackler but his link up play between defence and attack is very amateurish. All he does is just pass the ball to the nearest fella. Our midfield of Allen and Henderson, I take my hats off to them, they are not world class players but they play their a#se off to make up for it but not good enough to help us finish in top 4. So we need a playmaker and a quality defensive midfielder. Sturridge is prolific and clinical but too injury prone and too self centred in wanting to show off in the WC but trying to over impress his England boss and injuring himself and subsequently making us pay for his pride. So we need another clinical striker of his calibre to team up with Suarez. Without reinforcements at wing backs, midfield and up front positions I mentioned, forget about 4th. Manure and Everton are on the rise right now.
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:59 am

Webb is a cvnt. Always has been, always will be. It seems that knee-high challenges which are usually a red card offense doesn't apply if the challenge is on a Liverpool player. First Mirallas, now that ugly ***** from Africa. I never usually complain about referees, but we've been screwed the past 2 games and deserved a draw. What makes me sick is the other fact that players can be punished upon review, but not referees. Wtf is this nonsense?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby redno7 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:12 am

look, we didn't get tonked in either chelsea or man city game, whcih shows how far we've come. We lost, we move on.
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Focus » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:04 am

Agree with you 2 fellas above. Match officials can get away with murder scott free. Yes, we've progressed a lot since a year ago, the scorelines showed we were narrowly defeated but in the Chelsea game, they outmanouvred and outplayed us for long periods. At the moment, we're not playing with our strongest team because of injuries. FSG need to back Rodgers with the funds he needs to challenge for the top 4 finish.
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby Kopite-Jud » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:29 pm

Look.... we may have dropped to 5th but we're only 6 points off the pace and we have been away to Arsenal, City, Chelsea, Everton, Spurs.  If you had said to me at the start of the season you'll be 6 points from the top on new years day ,after all these away fixtures i'd have snapped your hand off.  All the other teams have to go to each others ground as well as come to Anfield...

Long way to go yet....

Lost a bit of respect for Mourinho yesterday after the embarrassing press conference regarding Eto'o and Suarez...
Kopite-Jud

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:32 pm

ethanr » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:53 am wrote:Gotta disagree. Sticking your leg out is sticking your leg out. Lifting your leg upwards and stamping down at Suarez's ankles is completely different, and that's what he did. A trip is a trip, but that was a stamp.

Anybody have a clip of the first tackle from Eto'o on Hendo? It was so late I didn't get a good look at it during the game.

Lad, he's not tried to stamp on him. Its an old pro's trick to take someone out. If you think that's violent conduct you're completely on your own. Anyone who's played the game at any level on a regular basis has probably had that done and done it to someone else.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby algymoon » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:34 pm

Stu the Red » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:15 pm wrote:

Howard Webb, I never rated him at all...
On Johnson, BR ought to drop him and sold him thereafter, there are better players can do that job properly in likes of Flannagan and Kelly.
I just cannot understand the logic in our deference tactics, which by passing in tide areas, and trying to control the balls in very dangerous situations... All of our defenders are guilty of this tactics and it is costing us goals!! all the players need to clear the ball swiftly... look at Chelsea yesterday, firstly they have better defenders than us, secondly they were clearing the ball out of their defense right away . Our defense is very shaky and it will really costing the four top spots? that if we continue defending like that, there will be no top spots!!. BR need to improve that area quickly, he need to tell the players and midfield holding players to clear their lines quickly. We are getting caught and conceding goals almost every game.  Our problem is the defense which is very weak, and you cannot win titles or trophies with weak defense this is a fact.
algymoon

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:55 pm

disapointing not to have gotten something out of that yesterday  :down:
we just lacked any real quality in the middle of the park again and it left suarez isolated. for me the worst red on the pitch was johnson. he looks as if he just couldnt be ar$ed or maybe his contract situation is getting to him but either way he should have plenty of time to think about it on the bench.
where on earth did the decision come from to play smith  :eyebrow  wtf was that about  :glare:
anyway to be top 4 days ago and now 2 points off 4th is a hard pill to swallow and wont do the lads confidence any good but we need to put together a few wins on the bounce to get ourselves back up there.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:19 am

johnson is pi$$ed cos the club has stalled on his contract...well, they're bleedin' right to IMO...
110K a week for him - is he worth it ? my hole, he is...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games