chelsea v LIVERPOOL sunday 29th 4.00pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby mkingdom » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:57 am

Perhaps BR put Smith on to show FSG that the squad is light just before the window opens?  Alberto seemed the obvious sub for me.

Regardless, we need 2-3 players in to the squad to help us keep up the Top 4 push. A DM, a striker/forward and a LB seem the obvious places to strengthen.

The last two games have been painful and it is gutting to come out with nothing when we should and could have easily drawn both or even won. You cannot take on arguably the two best sides in the league away from home and have the officials against you too and hope to do well.

The offside at City and the hatchet job on our players at Chelsea, plus one of the worst penalty decisions I have ever seen have cost us dear, and I think ended our title challenge. I know there is a long way to go, but I think top four is the aim now. The replay of the penalty at Chelsea clearly shows Webb looking directly at the incident and totally bottling the decision. It seems the refs are still in the mind set of favouring the traditional "big teams" especially at home.

We now have to bounce back immediately, repay Hull for the loss at their place and win the next three of four games.
mkingdom

Postby damjan193 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:28 pm

bunglemark2 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:19 am wrote:johnson is pi$$ed cos the club has stalled on his contract...well, they're bleedin' right to IMO...
110K a week for him - is he worth it ? my hole, he is...

I thought the same as well. When the news came out few months ago I was a bit angry but then I put a little thought to it that maybe they're not that much wrong. Recent performances only prove that they were right.

I expect Johnson to be off when his current contract ends.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games