CHELSEA VS LIVERPOOL - Sunday 20th november 4.00pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Kukilon » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:11 am

Great result. Stick with this lineup now.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:22 am

I only saw the first half being a midnight KO, however I was cursing Johnson.... how many times does he get the ball and either pass to a man who has an opponent right on him, or passes 5 yards sideways or backwards? It seems he has no vision, cant be creative, he just reacts without truely thinking it through. Better to keep the ball than play to a man being closely marked. Sure some of his runs and crosses were good, but his close play still lacks kwality.

Great result though and 3 badly needed points.  With Citeh getting an amazing 34 points out of 36, we can't afford to fanny around.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alwayslfc » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:12 am

Great Win esp. and even sweeter when the 2 deserters were forced to experience out their defeat by their former colleagues.

Our 1st half was brilliant, Chelsea were very ordinary.

Adam, Skrtel, Johnson and Enrique played well. Suarez, as usual great ball control skills but his passing and finishing were below par.
Reina, had a great game and that Gordon Banks like save vs Pele in the 1970 Word Cup also contributed to the 3 points, because if that had gone it, G.Johnson could still had equalised but may not due to their home advantage.

However, I won't be expecting a Red Revival yet until I've seen our results after Dec. Because for reason unknown to me, we just cannot kill off the opponents after taking a single goal lead. We've seen that again and again.... again vs Sunderland, Norwich, Manure where we let them took most of the possessions and eventually they gained confidence and usually equalised. We play like the Italian national team in the 80s, where after a 1-0 lead, they stopped attacking and tried to preserve that slim lead. This may have worked in the 80s but not in today's Too Fast Too Furious PL.

IMO, I think the new boys still lack confidence and our strikers do not have the killer instincts of Rushie and Fowler. Suarez definitely need a striker of those calibre to partner him. A.Carroll may or may not come out good one day, but I hope we can get a quality striker in the Jan. window.

Glad we didn't hit the d.amn woodwork and as usual we still run out of steam in the 2nd half like most games, something that is to be corrected a.s.a.p. Up until the G.J. winning goal, Chelsea had full control of the game and could have won.

But we've done our part in getting those hard earned 3 points and let's celebrate for now and looking forward to the City game.
alwayslfc

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:29 am

Great result.

It's a shame we seem capable of only raising our game against the 'big' clubs, Everton anyone?

Never the less, the attitude and commitment was top drawer. It just grinds me when we fail to beat the Swansea's and Norwich's of this world and win the harder matches. Argh! it's so fecking annoying :D :angry: :D

I have to say, I thought Chelsea were absolutely garbage especially the first half - I think hope they're in freefall and are on the way back to where they rightly belong, mid-table.

Anyway, I thought we were pretty much in control of the game in the first half and did okay, at that point though it would have been nice to see us creating more chances than we did. But when Zorro threw the ball out to Mikel and Adam pressured him, Chelsea created the chance for us anyway. :D

Second half they turned the screw a bit on us and we sat deeper and deeper especially after they equalised. For me it was clear at this point with Suarez up top on his own, Kenny probably should have thrown Carroll on instead. Even though his service and isolation would have been no better, he may have made it stick a bit more and hold play up. I felt a bit for Suarez, his job was a hard one with his team mates 30 yards away from him. At this point I just couldn't see us getting a goal and thought the draw was inevitable. Then Johnson pops up on the right in the 87th minute and scores a peach of a goal, smash and grab!

Job done, well in lads!

I thought Lucas had an exceptional game, and Adam faired better than he has done recently, all IMO of course. Not sure about Skertel and Agger in the center, we looked susceptable to aerial deliveries, glad Pepe was getting up em.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:41 am

Dalglish wrote:Whilst I agree its been a great day and beating Chelsea on their own turf is sweet I don't expect Kenny to start with the same lineup next Sunday against City. For one we at Home and secondly we should use Carroll who will scare the living daylights out of City after last season's marauding 1st half performance when we battered them and were 3-0 up before City realised the game had kicked off !

On the basis that Carroll scares the living daylights out of me you might just be right!

On a serious note we need to attack City at an extremely high tempo and I'm not sure that Carroll can do that.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:03 am

http://lockerz.com/s/157888807 #cfc #cech

:laugh:
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:31 pm

John Terry looks finished to me, he looks so slow its unbelievable.

Jordan Henderson made him look a right mug when he came on. 

Couldnt be happier, John Terry is a horrible person, who has cost more managers their jobs than anyone else I can think of.  End of the road beckons!!! :D
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Dundalk » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:53 pm

Chelsea have lodged an official complaint with the FA over the Uraguayan striker's comments to Fernando Torres in yesterday's 2-1 win at Stamford Bridge.

Officials at the London club have taken exception at Suarez calling Torres a striker
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:32 pm

Dundalk wrote:Chelsea have lodged an official complaint with the FA over the Uraguayan striker's comments to Fernando Torres in yesterday's 2-1 win at Stamford Bridge.

Officials at the London club have taken exception at Suarez calling Torres a striker

“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:46 pm

Chelsea have fined Fernando Torres and Raul Meireles 2 weeks wages after the pair were caught trying to sneak on the bus back to Liverpool.
destro

Postby Franky000 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:28 pm

I watched the game on Sky; it feels strange having Rat-Face commentate on our games.
Franky000

Postby ethanr » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:16 am

Franky000 wrote:I watched the game on Sky; it feels strange having Rat-Face commentate on our games.

Felt the same way.

Even stranger hearing him say positive things about us.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby metalhead » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:18 am

destro wrote:Chelsea have fined Fernando Torres and Raul Meireles 2 weeks wages after the pair were caught trying to sneak on the bus back to Liverpool.

lmao :laugh:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:09 pm

Dundalk wrote:Chelsea have lodged an official complaint with the FA over the Uraguayan striker's comments to Fernando Torres in yesterday's 2-1 win at Stamford Bridge.

Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:18 am

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:John Terry looks finished to me, he looks so slow its unbelievable.

+1.

Sooner the better.

Will always be the man who crapped out taking a penalty in the CL final.
Last edited by Reg on Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games