chelsea v LIVERPOOL sunday 29th 4.00pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Boocity » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:02 pm

too many games for too small a squad, mourinho was saying we had it easy not being in Europe but on the other hand we don't have two strong teams in our squad.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:03 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:02 pm wrote:What the f*ck do we have to do to get a penalty awarded to us ?

feck knows...Webb was staring at the foul and ignored it. I honestly think Suarez is a marked man as far as refs are concerned.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:10 pm

HAVE THE REF EVER GIVEN US A RIGHT DECISION? EVER AGAINST BIG TEAMS? LIKE EVER?!

WTF
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:16 pm

as a team chelsea are streetwise as f##k, anyone goes anywhere near one of their players and they are rolling around in agony but they dont mind raking down opposition players shins, tackling them off the ball, thowing in two footed scissor challenges or even shoving their elbows in players faces.
and god knows how many times one of their players just threw the brakes on right infront of one of our players and just bought a cheap free kick.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:21 pm

That was hard to watch. They just suffocated us ,took the whole front playesr out of the game by pressing us high and not allowing us to pass the half. Lucas and Johnson gave us a championship level performance and I'm being generous ,couldn't get the ball forward for the life of them. However the real "hero" today was our paper thin squad ,we just don't have the quality on the bench (and on the pitch)  to sustain long runs. Hope we get Daniel and Stevie as soon as possible and January couldn't come more faster.

Can't blame anyone for today ,they just manhandled us today.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:34 pm

At least we showed a bit of fight in the second half. Fist half we were outplayed though.

Don't get me started on the officials. Eto'o should have been sent off twice.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:36 pm

I don't think we were manhandled. Sure we lost, but we weren't exactly outplayed. Allen, Sakho, Suarez were all injured during the game and we should have had a penalty. We definitely looked more threatening and we played football while they just parked the bus.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby damjan193 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:37 pm

Tiredness might have taken it's tool but I don't think that it's an excuse. Let's not kid ourselves, Chelsea were better than us and some of our players were awful.

I also can't understand what Rodgers was thinking with bringing on the kid. I know that we have a thin squad but at least Alberto should have been given a chance.

I think that Chelsea deserved the win. It wasn't at all pretty and they played dirty, but they were also the better team. However, I feel that we deserve a bit of f*cking luck. At least we should get a few obvious decisions. How the hell did we not get a penalty is beyond me. We deserved AT LEAST a point from these two matches.
Last edited by damjan193 on Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:39 pm

Yeah was shocked to see Smith instead of Alberto. Every ball that came to the Aussie just bounced off him as if he's some tree. And yes I had to google him to find out who is he :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby only me » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:40 pm

maypaxvobiscum » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:36 pm wrote:I don't think we were manhandled. Sure we lost, but we weren't exactly outplayed. Allen, Sakho, Suarez were all injured during the game and we should have had a penalty. We definitely looked more threatening and we played football while they just parked the bus.

Parked the bus??? we couldn't cross the half line the entire 2nd half...They were way more aggressive ,brutal and violent which won them the game.

It was an ugly game which the ugly guys won.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:45 pm

only me » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:40 pm wrote:
maypaxvobiscum » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:36 pm wrote:I don't think we were manhandled. Sure we lost, but we weren't exactly outplayed. Allen, Sakho, Suarez were all injured during the game and we should have had a penalty. We definitely looked more threatening and we played football while they just parked the bus.

Parked the bus??? we couldn't cross the half line the entire 2nd half...They were way more aggressive ,brutal and violent which won them the game.

It was an ugly game which the ugly guys won.

Nope. We had good chances and if we had Alberto on instead of Smith, we would have had a better shot at scoring. Henderson's nutmeg didn't pay off, Sterling constantly had about 3 guys onto him, Johnson was allowed to roam in unchallenged to take a shot, etc. Even Etoo was in their penalty box defending. That's how defensive minded their team was. The only reason why they looked good attacking wise is because Oscar and Hazard had to carry the team. Otherwise Chelsea are about as clinical as Stoke City.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby stmichael » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:45 pm

Anyway, 1 point off 4th at the end of 2013 having played Chelsea, City, Arsenal, Spurs, Everton and Newcastle all away from home. It's not all doom and gloom.

The biggest concern is lack of squad depth and injuries which are racking up.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:53 pm

i think rodgers went with smith because he is an athlete (like literally, i think he actually was an athlete before he took up footy).
the game was played at a frantic pace and rodgers probably thought a game as quick and physical as that would not have suited alberto at all and would pass him by.
it was a judgement call and a gamble that didnt come off.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:25 pm

Call me sceptical ,but Mourinho has been saying for days how he hoped Suarez would pick up a knock, and then he clearly sends Eto out with
instructions to maim the player he evidently saw as the driving force behind our good form of late.... Smokescreen complete ,as now we're
left with Henderson's usual boundless energy and running hampered by Eto's cynical hatchet job.

It was easy for Chelsea after that, as Henderson was forced to drop deeper and Suarez was left virtually Isolated with Sterling virtually the only
other source of invention doubled up on ,that left just Coutinho and Chelsea worked hard closing him down all game.

Last word ,Glen Johnson's performance today soiled the shirt on his back ,absolutely abject disgraceful soulless display ,I lost count how many
times he dithered on the ball and conceded possession without so much as an attempt to win the ball back....A player whose performances
become more grotesque with every game he is allowed to play.

Its amazing how Referees seem to give us anything when one of their own is spoken about  ??? Howard Webb is a bad referee ,his decision making
is truly abysmal ,and it defies logic how he is seen as the standard bearer for officials.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:02 pm

I totally agree about Webb, he was so close and looking right at it, how he never saw that as a foul is beyond belief, it was so blatant and also not even a booking for studding Hendo in the knee, Eto couldn't have complained if he got sent off for that.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games