Postby Bammo » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:05 am

we did get to the CL final that year though... :p
Twitter[url=http://twitter.com/IanBamford[/URL]Lego Pirates:
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....o0]http[/url]

Scallies: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SRWxvm_HNQU
Bammo
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:11 am

Scottbot wrote:New stadium or not, that was Espanyol's FIRST pre-season game.

Thought the commentators said they'd played two lower league spanish sides already Scott ? .

Either way , they played far the better football . Obviously the game meant more to them than it did to us but friendly or not, to see our team being embarrassed , as we sometimes were, is a big wake up call.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Number 9 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:16 am

I never got to see it but it does not sound good from reading on here!

Rafa said the team did not...wait for it........."work hard enough"!

No sh'it Rafa! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:17 am

woof woof ! wrote:
Scottbot wrote:New stadium or not, that was Espanyol's FIRST pre-season game.

Thought the commentators said they'd played two lower league spanish sides already Scott ? .

Either way , they played far the better football . Obviously the game meant more to them than it did to us but friendly or not, to see our team being embarrassed , as we sometimes were, is a big wake up call.

New stadium or not, first, second, third game of their season or not....mate, we were truly awful last night....absolutely abysmal....If that's an omen of the season to come, i'm switching off now....
And for the record, looking at other "friendly" results arount the UK and Europe for the past week, we're well off the pace at this stage.....It almost looks like Rafa has reverted to a "I don't have a farkin' clue what my first team is" stance....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Sabre » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:25 am

I was right all along, sack Rafa! :D
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:26 pm

That was awful last night. The worrying thing for me is that the team that started the first half was close to what we would assume would be the team against Spurs.
When Alonso moves the player that comes in to replace him isnt going to be ready to come straight in and play so you would expect Lucas and Mascherano to play. They were terrible together last night, offering nothing going forward and allowing the Espanyol midfielders totally dominate the game. That wouldnt have happened with Alonso in there.
The defence also looks very disjointed and disorganised. Lets hope Agger is fit for the spurs game cos the young lad that came in doesnt look anywhere near good enough.
Like LFC said the fringe players in the squad again showed that they are not upto it at all and thats concerning as we are nearing the start of the season now and appear to still have no options up front and less options at the back with big sami and arbeloa moving on.
Johnson will be a good signing imo but at this moment in time our squad looks worse than last season without doubt.

People can say that its only a friendly and that the results not important but i disagree. We are close to the start of the season now and you want the team to start gelling and looking like a team.
We are stuck in limbo with this Alonso saga and if we are not careful its going to cause us to start the season slowly....we cannot afford that.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Dundalk » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:37 pm

Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:40 pm

Dundalk wrote:HIGHLIGHTS

Think I'll give them a miss...more like low lights by the sound of it! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:31 pm

aCe' wrote:  fans can expect to see a taste of what’s to come in the coming season from the Reds.

well we did'nt get a good taste with that 3-0 loss
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:24 pm

TheLad wrote:After yesterday's game our main problem is not the players' fitness but their self confidence.

I agree but I really dont understrand that. I mean when Kenny and Souness played there was banter, ribbing and confidence en-masse, why are the lads therefore low on confidence?

Get I thought these lads had sports psycology sessions to build them up mentally? Freakin poofs. Kenny into the freakin' changing room before the game for god's sake....
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:27 pm

One thing that stood out is they were drawn all over the field, got dragged into eachothers zones, on a few occasions I saw all 10 outfield players on the same tv screen, all bunched up and running around after the ball. Clueless, even sunday morning footie players dont do that. And Jay Spearing needs to grow some hair.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dsande76 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:32 am

The game is gauge on how well the players are fit for the coming season. It's just a preseason game where it gives the manager food for thought.

Watch the full highlights :
http://www.liverpoolfcgoal.webs.com  :buttrock
dsande76

Postby Reg » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:23 pm

Sorry son, I saw enough :censored:é during the game to want to watch it again.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:59 pm

Jarque, a player that played against our team recently have died because of a heart attack. He was talking with his girlfriend and suddenly stoped talking, the girlfriend called another player and the player went to the room and he was on the floor. It's as surprising as shocking, a young man, a sportsman that dies while no effort is being done.

RIP.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:33 am

Espanyol stunned by Jarque death 

Espanyol captain Daniel Jarque has died after he suffered a heart attack following a training session, the club have confirmed in a statement.

The 26-year-old midfielder had been training in Coverciano, Italy, where the squad are on a pre-season camp.

Club doctors and Italian paramedics tried to revive Jarque without success.

His death comes two years after Sevilla defender Antonio Puerta, 22, died of heart failure after collapsing during a Spanish league game.

Jarque joined Espanyol at the age of 12, making his debut in 2002, and the Spaniard was handed the club captaincy this summer.

"Tragedy struck Espanyol and the family of Dani Jarque this evening. The player died from a cardiac arrest," said a club statement.

"The doctor carried out CPR on the player and used a defibrillator, which showed that the arrest was non responsive.

"RCD Espanyol, broken with pain, wish to put themselves at the absolute disposition of the family of our captain Dani Jarque, to whom go our warmest thoughts."

Espanyol, who had been due to play Bologna tomorrow, have suspended their pre-season tour of Italy and will fly back to Barcelona.

The president of city neighbours Barcelona, Joan Laporta, offered his club's condolences.

"We are filled with extreme dismay at this tragic event which we deeply regret," he told the Barcelona club website.

"Today we are all in mourning.

"I want to send, on behalf of FC Barcelona, our deepest sympathies to RCD Espanyol for the painful loss of their captain Dani Jarque, and to his family."
++

RIP and condolences to the lads family, so sad to pass away so young.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games