Burnley v Liverpool, Wednesday 19th May, KO: 20:15

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Franky000 » Wed May 19, 2021 10:02 pm

Excellent - +4 over leicester on GD. One more would be nice though :)
Franky000

Postby Santa » Wed May 19, 2021 10:04 pm

3-0 great result...now we need to finish off the season nicely then it's time to regroup and refresh
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Franky000 » Wed May 19, 2021 10:10 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 19, 2021 8:15 pm wrote:Some of the chances our front 3 miss are criminal, Mane was inside the 6 yard box when he put that one wide. Phillips and Williams aren’t exactly helping my nerves either, teams don’t have to do anything special to get at us, a bog standard hoof up the pitch is enough to cause utter chaos at the back.
Why do they have to put us through the wringer all the time? Dreading this second half.

Hope you're feeling a little less tense now mate  :)
Franky000

Postby damjan193 » Wed May 19, 2021 10:12 pm

That game went a lot better than I expected. Good game, great result. Phillips MOTM.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed May 19, 2021 10:20 pm

Santa » Wed May 19, 2021 9:04 pm wrote:3-0 great result...now we need to finish off the season nicely then it's time to regroup and refresh

This.

A top 4 finish will be a massive result, given our problems. But Klopp has some big decisions to make this summer.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed May 19, 2021 10:46 pm

7_Kewell » Wed May 19, 2021 9:39 pm wrote:Let's be honest, this is Nat's first and only season as a regular centre back at LFC.

But it's nice to see his hard work pay-off with a goal.

He isn't up to our standard, but (hopefully) he will play a big part in getting our top 4 aspirations over the line.

What would you expect from a lad though in what is an accidental debut season. Given he was thrown in at the deep end while the team was in crisis mode combined with so many out of form players, I think he has been fantastic. Can definitely see him at a lower premier league club and probably captain as well.

I agree he isnt good enough but we arent looking to replace Van Dijk or break up the CB pairing he has with Gomez so as 3rd/4th choice for a year or so to see how he develops.  Imo him alongside Van Dyjk could be a different story altogether.

Anyway great result and ar$e on the gravy train  :buttrock 1st half was scrappy and thought we should have been at least 2 up inside the first 10 minutes. Delighted Bobby broke the deadlock before HT and we came out better for the second.  Phillip's was my Motm, good goal and was solid up against that wood lad. Thiago and Trent played well again and look to be getting an understanding together. Good finish from Ox so hopefully it entices a bid in the summer.

All we got to do now is beat palace and we keep our seat  :buttrock  leicester can certainly beat spurs so we need the 3 points.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Wed May 19, 2021 10:57 pm

If it wasn't for the last min equalisers could've been 9/9.

Liverpool since March 15th in the PL:

W 0 - 1 Wolves
W 0 - 3 Arsenal
W 2 - 1 Aston Villa
D 1 - 1 Leeds
D 1 - 1 Newcastle
W 2 - 0 Southampton
W 2 - 4 Man United
W 1 - 2 West Brom
W 3 - 0 Burnley

One more to go lads, to get something out of this shyte season would be remarkable.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed May 19, 2021 11:07 pm

red till i die!! » Wed May 19, 2021 9:46 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Wed May 19, 2021 9:39 pm wrote:Let's be honest, this is Nat's first and only season as a regular centre back at LFC.

But it's nice to see his hard work pay-off with a goal.

He isn't up to our standard, but (hopefully) he will play a big part in getting our top 4 aspirations over the line.

What would you expect from a lad though in what is an accidental debut season. Given he was thrown in at the deep end while the team was in crisis mode combined with so many out of form players, I think he has been fantastic. Can definitely see him at a lower premier league club and probably captain as well.

I agree he isnt good enough but we arent looking to replace Van Dijk or break up the CB pairing he has with Gomez so as 3rd/4th choice for a year or so to see how he develops.  Imo him alongside Van Dyjk could be a different story altogether.

He has a long future ahead of him in the game.  Hopefully in the Premier League.

Nat has improved a lot this season and i hope he find his way at another premier league team. But at 24/25, his lack of pace and limited technical ability means he's never going to be a regular here. If I was Klopp, I'd be looking to cash in. I'm sure someone like Burnley or Watford will be interested.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 19, 2021 11:31 pm

if we blow top 4 from this position we’ve only got ourselves to blame, all we have to do now is match (or better) Leicester’s result on Sunday and given we play Palace and they play Spurs it would be a mini disaster if we don’t qualify now. Don’t get me wrong the way this season has gone I’m certainly not taking anything for granted but we deffo hold all the cards going into the weekend.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu May 20, 2021 12:59 am

Btw It was nice to hear 'real' fans,even the boos sounded good lol.

Can't wait for Sunday match, Anfield will be buzzing. Fans will finally get to watch the lads and cheer them in our "final".
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Thu May 20, 2021 6:08 am

Great result and happy for Phillips, he seems better suited to playing physical players than crafty quick players so Burnley probably suited him. Cannot see us dropping this thing now, even a few thousand at Anfield will make noise and make it feel like home. We were eight points off 4th at some point and we pulled it together, we have been the form team for the last 10 matches just one more win to complete a remarkable recovery.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 20, 2021 9:18 am

kazza » Thu May 20, 2021 5:08 am wrote:Great result and happy for Phillips, he seems better suited to playing physical players than crafty quick players so Burnley probably suited him. Cannot see us dropping this thing now, even a few thousand at Anfield will make noise and make it feel like home. We were eight points off 4th at some point and we pulled it together, we have been the form team for the last 10 matches just one more win to complete a remarkable recovery.

Apparently we were 7 points off fourth with only 10 games to go so fair dues to the lads, it hasn’t been all plain sailing and we’ve needed help from other teams but nonetheless it’s been a remarkable turnaround. The jobs not quite done yet but to get to the final day with our destiny in our own hands took a bit of doing from the position we were in.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby leeroy74 » Thu May 20, 2021 9:33 am

Spurs will do a job on Leicester as they do not want to be in the UEFA conference league spot. Our job is to beat Palace - simple as. But it's Roys last game in charge which worries me.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu May 20, 2021 10:40 am

Roy's record at Anfield as a manager (never mind as manager of Liverpool....) is pretty dire. Let's hope that continues.

If Spurs lose to Leicester they could come in 9th...... what an awful season they're having.

Phillips should be snapped up by Leicester, Wolves, Leeds... clubs that have real intention of doing well and not just sitting mid table. Watford or Burnley sadly aren't going to make it.

This is the first time Leicester have been out of the top 4 all season, I feel sorry for them, they deserve recognition for their steady improvement over the last 3+ years.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Franky000 » Thu May 20, 2021 4:12 pm

Unless someone comes in with a silly offer I'd hold on to Nat for next season as it would be interesting to see him develop further by occasionally being paired up alongside VD. Gomez has a pretty poor injury record so further backup is vital. I'd still look into getting a marquee signing through the door though, to replace Matip.
Franky000

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games