Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:07 pm

Going to a match doesn't stop you from being a clueless fuckwit

Asking for Gerrard to retire confirms you're a clueless fuckwit
Benny The Noon

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:23 pm

LFC1990 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:03 pm wrote:

I will not respond properly to you because you obviously cant fuc king read

Yeah mate, just log off for a couple of hours whilst you try and come up with a response and a reason why I shouldn't think you're a wooden headed cu'nt , in the meantime I'll try and learn how to read.

:nod

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby kartiek » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:50 pm

Although I do agree that we were out done by an outstanding goalkeeping performance, I'm not buying into Rodgers' complacent approach in interviews.

I'm not convinced it's enough to say that we tried our best. And I'm not convinced that this is all about goalkeeping displays. It's a little about lack of focus on the part of the players, and a little to do with the lack of good decision making in the final third which has to worked on by the manager. We can't let this season end so shoddily.
kartiek

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:59 pm

god only knows whats happened to johnson, he used to be one of the most athletic players in the league but now he looks so one paced and lethargic, everytime he`s got the ball i keep expecting him to either get caught in possession or give the ball away.
i dont know if he is burnt out or what but martin kelly cant come back soon enough for me.
the midfield needs looking at as well imo, we are so unathletic in that area, gerrard and lucas are even more one paced than johnson, the pair of them just trundle around and there`s just no dynamism in our engine room.
none of our CM`s pick the ball up at the halfway line and drive at opposition defences like steve mcmahon used to do, they dont go past men like dembele or diame, they just dont seem to convey a sense of urgency to me.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:05 pm

Actually I kind of feel for Poor BR ,he never knows which lfc team will show up  ,his tactics are pretty solid ,his philosophy is positive but if one can't rely on his players to perform and deliver on consistent basis...Oh well poor Brendon.

We are missing the one-two Anchor players which we can count on day in day out ,used to be Gerrard ,today it seems their is no one.
The performance by the duo dumb and dumber aka Suarez and Sturridge really topped their usual reckless ,focus less ,egoistic play. With all their flash and skills they are just plain dumb players ,unable to complete the pass and make the right decision for the TEAM ,it's all about their own stat sheet. I mean how many chances does a striker needs ffs to put the ball across the goal line??? an exact continuation of the Westham match ,a lot of fluff but no end product. How come the opposing goal keeper is always the MOTM? it's not him stupid it's our impotent strikers/attackers whoever.

And one more thought ,a pretty familiar thought...Glen Johnson???? really??? people still rate him one of our top flyers. If the man was a pigeon he would fly backwards. Geez what a waste of space.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:46 pm

Totally agree with the last post, esp regarding Suarez and Sturridge.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:14 am

Awful, awful stuff today. They could have played another 90 minutes and the result would have been the same.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby killerp » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:35 am

Not a shock at all, Suarez has been missing chances all over the place.

I'm very dissapointed with Sturridge though, the best thing he did all game was that dummy move.

Good ol Liverpool make the easy look impossible.
killerp

Postby damjan193 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:46 am

Worth mentioning; the guy that was between the posts for Reading yesterday is their second choice goalie.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:29 am

While I understand the disappointment we all share over the result I honestly think some of the reaction to the performance is unjustified.

We had 60% possession, 28 shots 15 of which were on target, Reading had two. I've watched the game again and don't think there was much more our players could have done.

No matter how much you control a game sometimes there are days when things just don't go you way, yesterday was one of those days.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby damjan193 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:07 pm

Yeah, I agree with woof. We had 15 shots that were saved by the goalie, half of them were fantastic saves that even Pepe would have trouble saving. And what about Coutinho's shot or Suarez' free-kick that were fist past the post (Suarez' shot might have hit the post, can't recall). On another day those shots would have gone in and we wouldn't be having this argument right now. The West Ham game was far more frustrating performance-wise. Yesterday was just not our day.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:08 pm

Fkg impossible to understand some of the utter shight that is written on this forum.  Supporters? - I wish some of you would fk off across the park you'd be welcome there with the rest of the clueless bitter fkrs !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:29 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:29 am wrote:While I understand the disappointment we all share over the result I honestly think some of the reaction to the performance is unjustified.

We had 60% possession, 28 shots 15 of which were on target, Reading had two. I've watched the game again and don't think there was much more our players could have done.

No matter how much you control a game sometimes there are days when things just don't go you way, yesterday was one of those days.

Alex McCarthy will in all probability never have a game as good as that ,he had no right to even get his hands to one of Luis's shots let alone catch
the thing. We simply met a keeper having the game of his young life. Any other day ,and its 0-5 to the red men.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games