READING VS LIVERPOOL - R3 5:15

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Masch79 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:43 am

Johnny Boy wrote:
Masch79 wrote:
Johnny Boy wrote:What's happened to Insua he was totally inept?

Some people have very short memories, on Tuesday night people on here were lauding Insua as our mom - the lad is only 20 so will suffer from inconsistency, especially when the team in general is playing poorly / inconsistently. I was praying for Rafa to take Insua off before he got a second yellow and couldn't believe it when he did a straight swap with Benny / Aurelio, thought he would have dropped Aurelio back an taken Insua off.

I realise he is young, however we were playing Reading not Barcelona.
His positional play is poor and he was constantly giving the ball away.
Not that long ago he was viewed as our brightest prospect , from me included. He has more experience than many of Arsenal's young kids - but they have no problem doing the basics.

I agree he had a stinker last night mate, that's why I said I was hoping he got taken off. It was the 'what's happened to Insua' that I picked up on. Nobody said what's happened to Insua when he had a good game on Tues night so presumably he had not become a decent defender overnight, similarly he has not become a bad one between Tues & Sat.

He was by no means the only one of our lads who could not do the basics last night & stick any of the arsenal kids in a team playing sh'1te, i'm sure they'd struggle too.

Most of me original post was about the game so not wanting to turn this into the Insua thread like just explaining me point.
Masch79

Postby Waldo » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:00 pm

Why change the formation to 4-4-2 when it is well known that our best formation when Torres and Gerrard play is 4-2-3-1??

The game was terrible and Reading played v.well on the night.

The only positive for me is the replay = 90 mins at home to give Aquaman and (hopefully if we get our finger out) some of the new January signings :;):
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby Johnny Boy » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:44 pm

Masch79 wrote:
Johnny Boy wrote:
Masch79 wrote:
Johnny Boy wrote:What's happened to Insua he was totally inept?

Some people have very short memories, on Tuesday night people on here were lauding Insua as our mom - the lad is only 20 so will suffer from inconsistency, especially when the team in general is playing poorly / inconsistently. I was praying for Rafa to take Insua off before he got a second yellow and couldn't believe it when he did a straight swap with Benny / Aurelio, thought he would have dropped Aurelio back an taken Insua off.

I realise he is young, however we were playing Reading not Barcelona.
His positional play is poor and he was constantly giving the ball away.
Not that long ago he was viewed as our brightest prospect , from me included. He has more experience than many of Arsenal's young kids - but they have no problem doing the basics.

I agree he had a stinker last night mate, that's why I said I was hoping he got taken off. It was the 'what's happened to Insua' that I picked up on. Nobody said what's happened to Insua when he had a good game on Tues night so presumably he had not become a decent defender overnight, similarly he has not become a bad one between Tues & Sat.

He was by no means the only one of our lads who could not do the basics last night & stick any of the arsenal kids in a team playing sh'1te, i'm sure they'd struggle too.

Most of me original post was about the game so not wanting to turn this into the Insua thread like just explaining me point.

Fair enough mate.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby shawnk » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:05 pm

Waldo wrote:Why change the formation to 4-4-2 when it is well known that our best formation when Torres and Gerrard play is 4-2-3-1??

The game was terrible and Reading played v.well on the night.

The only positive for me is the replay = 90 mins at home to give Aquaman and (hopefully if we get our finger out) some of the new January signings :;):

What makes you think Aquaman will get the 90 minutes let alone in the starting 11.... With Rafa, you have to think 'differently' and expect the unexpected.

And it's bloody excuse to say he has just came back from injured. He HAS came back from injured long enough and what he's lacking is match sharpness and this competition is best for him to gather that.
shawnk

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:27 pm

Anyone got any pics of SCOTT ON THE TELLY :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:47 pm

This is not an excuse but a question of refereeing: the situation of their keeper touching the ball outside the box avoiding a certain situation of goal shouldn't have been a direct red card? was he shown a yellow even?
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zardd » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:13 pm

Sabre wrote:This is not an excuse but a question of refereeing: the situation of their keeper touching the ball outside the box avoiding a certain situation of goal shouldn't have been a direct red card? was he shown a yellow even?

think no card was shown to their gk...the ref was a joke. If it wasn't a foul, why give a freekick. And if its a foul, why no card at all as the gk is the only one at fault with it?
zardd

Postby Sabre » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:20 pm

zardd wrote:
Sabre wrote:This is not an excuse but a question of refereeing: the situation of their keeper touching the ball outside the box avoiding a certain situation of goal shouldn't have been a direct red card? was he shown a yellow even?

think no card was shown to their gk...the ref was a joke. If it wasn't a foul, why give a freekick. And if its a foul, why no card at all as the gk is the only one at fault with it?

I must check the rules first, just in case it has changed, but I've seen no less than 6 keepers sent off for that.

I was absolutely puzzled that he wasn't even carded. He clearly touched the ball with the hands outside the box.
Last edited by Sabre on Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:59 pm

Could of been worse, could of been knocked out by Leeds  :D
Fauxy

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:18 pm

Fauxy wrote:Could of been worse, could of been knocked out by Leeds  :D

:laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheLad » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:24 pm

Fauxy wrote:Could of been worse, could of been knocked out by Leeds  :D

Oh yeah, our situation is not that bad then..
They are gonna win feck all this season. :rasp
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:25 pm

zardd wrote:

There fans were a joke an all, small minded little supporters, Singing to us ,who the fecking hell are you, , you only live round the corner,  songs about us being robbers and your  typical sign on, cheeky little ge/ts they were , dead strange how most of there supporters who sang were situated in the stand right next to us, Usualy all the good home support is behind the goal, They must have moved them all and stuck them in that stand to wind us up, Fecking horrible , An we done our usual respect and clapped there keeper , but did they show respect to Pepe , NO. hOPEFULLY WONT HAVE TO GO TO THAT STADIUM ANY MORE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:50 pm

Was he the fella in the green bobble hat Nan ?

???
:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:28 pm

No Scott had a green jumper on last time i seen him , which was about half an hour before the match, i left him in the pub lol
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:15 pm

knew we wouldn't win as soon as I saw Gerrard was playing in the middle of midfield. He hasn't been a central midfielder for about 5 years now and is just not disciplined enough to play there.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games