LIVERPOOL V RABOTNICKI 2ND LEG - My 1st match thread and probably last

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:48 pm

supersub wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:I'm getting worried now but that's twice now I'm in total agreement with you Ace

I'm assuming it's aCe you are in agreement with and not bigmick :D

I think your very safe in that assumption - myself and Mick will never agree on anything .
Benny The Noon

Postby aCe' » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:49 pm

bigmick wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:I'm getting worried now but that's twice now I'm in total agreement with you Ace

You think you're worried. How do you think he feels :laugh:.

:laugh:   :lookaround
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:49 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
supersub wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Kelly was a breath of fresh air at Left back his intervention to stop what seemed a certain goal was Henchoz like  :bowdown

I was reminded of Mark Lawrenson at that particular clearance :)

I agree.... Lawro would be another famed for such impeccable interceptions  :D

It's amazing when you hear Mark Lawrenson talking such b0ll0cks on the telly, that he was actually an absolutely brilliant centre half. He wasn't as good as Hansen, but he was better than Gary Gillespie which was no mean feat in itself. When you think we bought him off of Brighton it's unbelieveable really.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:50 pm

bigmick wrote:Lynds I remember the "Raffer-Raff-eye-elle"'s as being in the first game at Tottenham mate, but if I'm wrong then fair enough. Maybe it was Cisse's goal which got me all dreamy.

Anyway, from the reception our new manager got on here when he first was appointed (admittedly a reception which has significantly melted since) I feel I kind of want to stick up for him a bit if I think he's not being given a fair crack.

If though as you say it takes the fansd a while to think of a tune, then no probs. My mistake for jumping the gun.

Maybe Rafa did get a little ditty because of the way his Valencia swept us off the park I cant remember but I doubt it, what p!ssed me off tonight was a section of our fans starting up the Feck off Chelsea FC, you aint got no history, because Cole was playing so well not the Liverpool Way now that is small time but it was a small minority that got booed down  :no
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:50 pm

Ciggy wrote:
aCe' wrote:I dont think Gerrard had one of his better games... In-fact, if i was manager I'd sit Gerrard down for a long long talk about his new role in the side (if Roy plans on using him this season the way he did tonight).. Out of the 22 on the pitch im sure Gerrard misplaced more passes than all

What game was you watching seriously? Gerrard was the diamond that was shining in between the Zirconia's and pieces of broken glass.

:hearts    that's what you see when SG gets the ball...it clouds your view sometimes :laugh:
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:55 pm

bigmick wrote:It's amazing when you hear Mark Lawrenson talking such b0ll0cks on the telly, that he was actually an absolutely brilliant centre half. He wasn't as good as Hansen, but he was better than Gary Gillespie which was no mean feat in itself. When you think we bought him off of Brighton it's unbelieveable really.

That's because as soon as they become a TV pundit they morph into a ball bag ... well albeit from Hansen .....
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:07 am

Oh well have to go to bed and not carry on my post match celebrations up at 5 another flight to catch, so sick and tired of flying and airports,  adios amigos ....
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:33 am

Nice to see us get through a banana slip of tie quite comfortably and always good to get a winning feeling before season starts regardless of the opposition.

Cant wait for the season start and with Robbie Fowler starting for my local A-league team on saturday I have good feeling for the season*

*Disclaimer I have had a good feeling before  every season since 1990
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:09 am

Before everyone jumps all over Stevie I think it's important to remember the opposition and the scoreline tonight. He will always be a player who trys the hollywood pass a little too often and he's been that way for a long time BUT had we been playing a stronger opponent tonight you can guarantee he'd play a different game altogether ie. playing it safer, retaining rather than risking possession.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:14 am

laza wrote:Nice to see us get through a banana slip of tie quite comfortably and always good to get a winning feeling before season starts regardless of the opposition.

Cant wait for the season start and with Robbie Fowler starting for my local A-league team on saturday I have good feeling for the season*

*Disclaimer I have had a good feeling before  every season since 1990

there was never any chance of us slipping on the banana against this lot.  There are a couple teams in the draw tomorrow that I might put in that category though:

Debreceni  (we only beat them 1-0 in both legs last year.  Even though the other teams crushed them, we struggled to make it comfortable)
Gent (finished 2nd in a Belgian league that has a couple of tough teams)
Elfsborg (mid season form, just gave a much more convincing beating to their Macedonian opponents in the last round)
Timişoara (well supported Romanian club)
APOEL (had a very respectable CL group stage last year - drew both matches with Atl. Madrid and in Stamford Bridge; lost their other games by only one goal)
Rapid Wien (beat us in a friendly a few seasons back)
Grasshoppers (just drew us in a friendly)
Brøndby (solid Danish club)
Anorthosis (unlucky not to make it to the CL round of 16 in 08/09)
Hajduk Split (one of the biggest teams in Croatia)
JoeTerp

Postby Redx » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:15 am

Kelly and Cole stood out in my book... well done Redmen.
Redx

Postby Owzat » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:17 am

bigmick wrote:N'Gog-8. Much improved.

Yet still managed to feck up two golden opportunities to score, well one via trying to play someone else in
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:39 am

Not the first striker to miss chances - it's the ones he takes that matter and basically the lad has got us through to the next round with his goals scored 3 and won penalty for the 4 th over both legs - what more do people want
Benny The Noon

Postby LittleHobo » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:32 am

i struggle to see how people think jovanovic is like kuyt

jovo has pace, can beat people........both of those assets kuyt doesnt have
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:45 am

aCe' wrote:I dont think Gerrard had one of his better games...

Dear oh dear...  :no
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games