Liverpool v chelsea - Wot, no match thread?

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby eds » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:08 am

Well done redmen!

Lucas and Torres, amazing performance.

F**k I love it when we beat the Cheatski scum. LOVE IT.

Bring on the rapping Wiggers.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:16 am

great result.  Performance was mostly very good too, especially on individual levels.  As a unit we were too much on the back heel for too much of the 2nd half though.  Also, I don't know why we started with Raul on the right, although I guess we might not have gotten that first goal if Kuyt had been out right. What a great pass that was from Kuyt.  Lucas was superb. Kelly did very well, and while this does look very good for Roy, he did admit after the match that he was planning on starting Johnson and Kyrgiakos, fair enough, I think most people wanted to see them, or at least Kyrgiakos.  Roy also had a very strange bench that included Spearing, Shelvy, AND Poulsen.  Thank goodness we didn't have to chase at the end, we only had Jovanovic and N'gog to chose from. No Pacheco, Eccleston, or Babel.  Even Suso would have been a better option than Poulsen, especially if we are starting with 3 CMs, and have another 2 on the bench.
JoeTerp

Postby kunilson » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:02 am

crackin atmosphere in the kop yesterday...really was more like a european night than a league which was great....my voice felt abit horse i can tell ya.

felt like an old giant had finally woken up...

when i caught the 2nd goal thought it was maxi for a second, cos i quickly turned my head towards it and saw the stunning cut inside and finish, guy next to me thought so aswell until the world made sense again after the game and my mates in annie road told me it was Torres. what a game he had.

was very nervy for the first 20-25 mins of the 2nd half but we reacted and started pushing up a bit more finally to see out the rest of the game and actually had some decent chances too. pepe made some great saves, and the defending was brilliant today.

if it weren't for Torres' brace id give young Kelly MotM today...he was outstanding. future captain.

onwards and upwards!
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:45 am

Great performance and result yesterday!
Lucas and Torres were brilliant.  So were Carra and kelly and pretty much the whole team.

The table looks a lot better now.  5 points off 4th and 5 off relegation.  Season could still go either way at the moment.

We need to keep going now and not drop silly points.  Hopefully we can improve our away form.

I hate living in the past but if only we'd beaten Sunderland + Blackpool at Anfield!  We'd still be in the title race.
Credit to Roy for a great win yesterday!
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:39 pm

Interesting analysis:

Analysis
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby europian-kings » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:21 pm

dawson99 wrote:2-0 to us. Torres brace

:bowdown
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby Thewaykokid » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:56 am

this match just encompasses why i love this club so much, we're like a rollercoaster of emotions, from the extreme lows of a 3-0 defeat to Man City or a 2-1 defeat to Blackpool, right back to an overpowering 2-0 victory over the leage leaders. I suppose thats what makes wins, especially against rivals, so much more fulfilling in the end........best club in the world we are :)
If you can't amaze people with your intelligence, try confusing them with your :censored: :)
Thewaykokid

Postby Reg » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:50 am

I watched the dvd of the 4-3 Liverpool/Newcastle game last night (the first one where Robbie gets two), one of my favourite matches. That game was all energy, running and lots of mistakes. The Chelsea game was just as exciting but much better football, Liverpool much more in control, the midfield much more dominant. Honestly, I'd say we've got a team right now way more sophisticated than what e had 10 years ago and that was Barnes, Robbie, Maca, Rednapp etc.. and makes me feel that some minor tweaks + a lot more confidence will see this team sail up the league.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:12 am

good shout Reg and I agree with ya, but imagine this team with Barnes in it...       lovely.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:52 pm

europian-kings wrote:
dawson99 wrote:2-0 to us. Torres brace

:bowdown

I am awesome!!!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous