RABOTNICKI vs. LIVERPOOL (Europa League) - 29/7/2010

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby tubby » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:35 pm

I haven't seen the goals yet but hear NGog got a few. Just glad we won.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby europian-kings » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:48 pm

Does anyone have a link for n'gogs 2nd?
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:07 am

We were really comfortable in this game and good value for the 2-0.

Have to admit I thought we'd probably lose this given how inexperienced a squad we took.  But we did have good experience at the back at least in Kyrgiakos, Skrtel and Agger.

Ngog impressed me as he looked lively and took his goals well.  Nobody really stood out though, Amoo cause a lot of panic in their ranks with his pace without really hurting them.

Have to be happy with that overall.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:30 am

Raoul wrote:can't believe it.  got up for all the preseason games, slept through my alarm for this one, and completely missed it. is an e-season ticket worth it? the game is being replaced on LFC TV in what 70 odd hours?

I love it, and have had a membership since 2005.

I watch the interviews, the reserve highlights and the pre-season live or on replays.
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:05 am

Espionage wrote:
Raoul wrote:can't believe it.  got up for all the preseason games, slept through my alarm for this one, and completely missed it. is an e-season ticket worth it? the game is being replaced on LFC TV in what 70 odd hours?

I watch the interviews, the reserve highlights and the pre-season live or on replays.

Does it stream OK? I remember some time ago hearing people complaining about the quality.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:37 am

JoeTerp wrote:I don't know if your joking or not, but I am sure he was a lot more active on all the days that they didn't have games, and he had to warm up and be mentally prepared to enter a world cup match as a sub

Whether I was joking or not, your response is a joke. You're now suggesting that a professional sportsman who didn't play any games during the World Cup is fatigued and needs a break because he TRAINED

:laugh:
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:42 am

john craig wrote:We were really comfortable in this game and good value for the 2-0.

Have to admit I thought we'd probably lose this given how inexperienced a squad we took.  But we did have good experience at the back at least in Kyrgiakos, Skrtel and Agger.

Ngog impressed me as he looked lively and took his goals well.  Nobody really stood out though, Amoo cause a lot of panic in their ranks with his pace without really hurting them.

Have to be happy with that overall.

The XI wasn't actually that inexperienced, not as much if it had been kids

Cavalieri 0 (36 unused sub apps)
Kyrgiakos 14
Agger 23
Skrtel 19
Lucas 35
Aquilani 18
N'Gog 24

Seven players in the starting XI who played a few Premiership games last season (133), except Cavalieri who was a seasoned benchwarmer, with the odd kid or two thrown in and on - not forgetting Jovanovic of course!

I don't think Macedonian football is yet ready to shock a team with some experience, I think we could have given a few England players a bit of a run out too, but this idea they're all dead on their feet is going to be raised by anyone simple enough to accept it on face value
Last edited by Owzat on Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:58 am

Raoul wrote:
Espionage wrote:

Does it stream OK? I remember some time ago hearing people complaining about the quality.

Was annoying for a while that you couldnt go full screen, but they introduced that last season. The quality and speed of the stream are fantastic now.

Pre and host match interviews with manager and other players. Access to 2 minute highlights, 15 minute highlights, 45 minute highlights and the full game of every game since 2001 or something. Also lots of other goodies. I particularly like watching our reserves.

I can honestly say that it is fantastic, and I would recommend it to any Liverpool fan.
Last edited by Espionage on Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:57 am

Fauxy wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:
Fauxy wrote:I guarantee we will not win this match if we play Lucas and Spearing in midfield.

They are completely incapable of controlling a game. They arent bad at breaking up play but that will never win a game, it nulifies it. Whenever they get possesion they are always deep and look completely clueless and end up hitting some stupid long ball that goes nowere.

We also need to get rid of N'gog because his descision making is even worse than Ryan Babel's.

With the players we have, I would go for this:

Cavalieri

Kelly        Wilson      Skrtel     Agger

Amoo     Shelvey     Aquilani     Eccleston

Dalla Valle     Jovanovic

There we have some creativity in midfield so we can control the game. The back four are capable of passing (No Kyrgiakos or Ayala). A speedy energetic attack that is capable of scoring goals.

Comments people?

I honestly have never seen such a bad post haha

I still think the post makes sense.

Apart from the top bit of course  :grinning:

Just winding you up
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheLad » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:00 am

rocky29 wrote:how did aquaman fair. Did he look fully fit and did he stay on for the full 90 mins?

He was ok, one of the better ones with some nice passes and touches. Got substituted 10 minutes before the end, looked tired tbh.
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:02 am

Well once again Lucas did nothing and Kuyt didn't even show up. ???  :D

Nah in all fairness it was a job well done. Very hard to judge our players though because the opposition were absolutely abysmal.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby metalhead » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:47 pm

In and Out wrote:Well done Reds!

Roy's a tactical genius  :buttrock

He should be knighted :buttrock
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:56 pm

Reminded me ALOT of Redknapp last night Aqulaini.
The way he was turning with the ball was exactly the same as Jamie used to.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:11 pm

Owzat wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:I don't know if your joking or not, but I am sure he was a lot more active on all the days that they didn't have games, and he had to warm up and be mentally prepared to enter a world cup match as a sub

Whether I was joking or not, your response is a joke. You're now suggesting that a professional sportsman who didn't play any games during the World Cup is fatigued and needs a break because he TRAINED

no your point is a joke.

If Pepe wasn't given a break after the world cup, by the end of this season he would be going on 22 straight months of football. 

He didn't need a break from the world cup as much as he needed a break from the end of the Premier League season, which never came for him until now.
JoeTerp

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:27 pm

JoeTerp wrote:
Owzat wrote:

no your point is a joke.

If Pepe wasn't given a break after the world cup, by the end of this season he would be going on 22 straight months of football. 

He didn't need a break from the world cup as much as he needed a break from the end of the Premier League season, which never came for him until now.

Truth is, Pepe needed a break from the post-WC partying.  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games