Liverpool v chelsea - Wot, no match thread?

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:03 pm

Lucas was immense today and he was surrounded by a number of stand-out performers.  Kelly looks poised and ready to be first choice RB, Kuyt ran his socks off and you'd never know he just came back from injury, Maxi and Merieles each were involved in big ways to our attacking play, Torres was back to his unstoppable best, Carra was marshalling the defense well, Reina made some magical saves and even Konchesky had a quite solid game.  What a day!
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby bigmick » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:05 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Excellent result - best performance of the season by a mile and the atmosphere in the stadium was electric from the start . Despite all that people like Bigmick are more interested in starting flame wars and having digs at people - well done Bigmick - keep on ruining the forum .

And you think your post helps ?

:no  it just invites and prolongs the sh'ite.

Leave it out.

I'm not getting involved anyway Woof. Nobody was proven right by todays result and performance, and there's no need for anybody to gloat or pat themselves on the back. My humble pie moment came via Lucas who I thought was fantastic, far better than I ever thought he was capable of.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:10 pm

Went the game and it was an incredible match ....Torres two goals were the caliber of a striker who doesn't have to try too hard to prove his genuine class....... when given the correct service of course ,Although Lucas was my pick of the bunch ...the Lad was simply brilliant his distribution and breaking up of the play was done with ruthless efficiency ,and he just gets better and better every game he plays ...
then you have the much improved team play of Maxi Rodriguez and the return of the formidable Kuyt
also much kudos for the manager for having the bravery to start with Kelly who never let anyone down ..the Kid should be a regular starter he is head and shoulders above Johnson ..... Lastly the Kop was in great voice and the atmosphere is starting to return slowly but surely
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:14 pm

Now for the best bit of the game and the mystery of what my mate kept pointing out at the game

Benny The Noon

Postby redhayesy » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:23 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Great first half and a gritty at times a bit fortunate 2nd half .

Excellent result and for the first time ever I was finally impressed with Lucas, keep it up son .

mate i don't think we were fortunate in the second half at all! we showed a great display of character & defended brilliantly when needed. iv'e said it once -il'l say it again, it's about time we had a display like that,to prove we can attack as a team & defend likewise.

this result is a massive step foward in some consistancy we have shown in attitude & belief & for me -the result was not lucky or fortunate,it was about heart,desire & ability to ensure we beat the league leaders,for me i couldn't ask for more. i for one have the ale nicely chilled! let's celebrate a brilliant win- not a fortunate 2nd half- i can't wait to see the highlights on motd. cause seeing the game live was brilliant enough,to see our display again will be the icing on the cake.

i can't wait to finish early at work tomorrow,so i can see the whole game again on LFC TV. this is such a massive result for me,it deserves ale,ale & more ale.

i do agree though mate that today also was a display from Lucas,that i was impressed with, like you say let's hope he keeps it up!
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby burjennio » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:31 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Now for the best bit of the game and the mystery of what my mate kept pointing out at the game

I thought that was funny and pretty random when I spied it but the more I think about it it comes across as some kind of racist dig. I hope not like but it could deffo be construed as that.
burjennio

Postby liambaitup21 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:35 pm

3 points say no more!!!
Robbie Fowler a True GOD!!!
liambaitup21

Postby crim cram » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:36 pm

redhayesy wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:Great first half and a gritty at times a bit fortunate 2nd half .

Excellent result and for the first time ever I was finally impressed with Lucas, keep it up son .

mate i don't think we were fortunate in the second half at all! we showed a great display of character & defended brilliantly when needed. iv'e said it once -il'l say it again, it's about time we had a display like that,to prove we can attack as a team & defend likewise.

this result is a massive step foward in some consistancy we have shown in attitude & belief & for me -the result was not lucky or fortunate,it was about heart,desire & ability to ensure we beat the league leaders,for me i couldn't ask for more. i for one have the ale nicely chilled! let's celebrate a brilliant win- not a fortunate 2nd half- i can't wait to see the highlights on motd. cause seeing the game live was brilliant enough,to see our display again will be the icing on the cake.

i can't wait to finish early at work tomorrow,so i can see the whole game again on LFC TV. this is such a massive result for me,it deserves ale,ale & more ale.

i do agree though mate that today also was a display from Lucas,that i was impressed with, like you say let's hope he keeps it up!

Both teams should have had a goal in the 2nd half, and I thought the 2nd half was pretty much even.  On Lucas:  The new Brazil coach has been starting him and he's playing really well for them.  I think he's turning into an actual footballer.  It would be fantastic for him to keep this form going.
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:40 pm

redhayesy wrote:

Mate, I wasn't exactly chewing my nails but we didn't take it to them in the second half as we did in the first. We invited more pressure upon ourselves,and I thought we were a bit fortunate not to have conceded one goal, christ knows what that might have led to .

Not complaining though, more than happy with the performance, just keeping my feet on the ground .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Johnny Boy » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:40 pm

Just got back. Great performance and the atmosphere was brilliant.

Gerrard playing in midfield where he should always be, Torres having someone up alongside him and finally we have a right back who can defend.

Maxi is benefiting from a run in the side, Lucas looks a different player and I think the combination with Gerrard worked well.

Kuyt if used should always play up front like today.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby Kukilon » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:42 pm

Brilliant result and they all deserve praise today. Can't believe it.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby sixbuster » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:42 pm

burjennio wrote:
rocky29 wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:
metalhead wrote:Well done to the players to the manager and to the fans in anfield that made the atmosphere so special!

Lucas - Beast today, hassling, tackling, passing everything!

Well in red men!!! upwards and onwards  :buttrock

Yep, can't disagree with any of that. I'm a happy bunny today  :)

yep you only agree cos roy wasnt mentioned in the above post. Congratulate roy. bav did it now all we need now is you and ciggy to admit you were both wrong and we can then be all united.

why do they need to do any such thing? Who do you think you are to demand someone to change their opinion after 1 game? Even though you are to even the untrained eye a combination of clueless and a wind up merchant you are still allowed to come on here and spout off your "opinions" because that is your right. However - if you truly believe that these guys should be issuing some grovelling apology in some act of submission because "Your always right" that makes you a total dirtbag in my eyes and no amount of carding or banning would make me change my opinion on that.

If you hated Benitez that is your right, but to troll around a LFC forum where he is still highly regarded is immature and naive if you are doing so without intent.

If you dont believe Roy Hodgson is the man for the job that is your right too, but likewise if you start making personnal attatcks on a LFC forum you are opening up a can of worms.

To demand an act of submission after 90mins of football just to jack yourself off is disgusting and shows a total lack of class.

STOP F*CKING TROLLING YOU LITTLE PR*CK

lighten up, take a chill pill. i think it was said in jest........chill
Forever a red
sixbuster

Postby Ring-of-Fire » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:08 pm

Fantastic result. Every player did their job brilliant. Long may it continue!
Ring-of-Fire

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:10 pm

:laugh:

Was having a quick look at a Chelsea forum

This happens when 3 of our best players (drog, lamps and ess) are not playing. It's like messi, xavi and iniesta do not play for barca.

:laugh: wtf is that lad smoking.

And if you thought our manager gets some unfair stick.

Despite being champions and top of the table this fella's obviously still missing a previous manager.
Q. When has Ancelotti ever made a substitution that changed the game ?
A. NEVER !

We need to sign again in January and not just playing staff

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Last edited by woof woof ! on Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:10 pm

Wonderful result, Great to see the boys play with passion again, every 50-50 ball was played for with grit.

Excellent team performance, excellent team result.  Onwards and upwards.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games