Liverpool v chelsea - Wot, no match thread?

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby metalhead » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:12 pm

woof mate, some of them actually blame Howard Webb for the 2nd goal ''should have been a foul'' etc... :laugh:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:15 pm

Wow cant belive we actully won! Didnt see most of the match myself, only cought the last 20 minutes but I heard that it was a great match and that we played with a lot of confidence. Also heard that Lucas and Kelly had a hell of a match. That's good to hear, was kind of suprised when I saw Kelly in the lineup but I heard that him and Lucas were probably the best out there. Good to see Kuyt back as well, we really missed him, and glad to see that Torres scored both goals, that will certainly give him more confidence. Hope we keep this up, 4 wins in a row!
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:38 pm

damjan193 wrote:Also heard that Lucas and Kelly had a hell of a match.

Good point mate, Lucas is deservedly getting recognition for his part in the game but we should also mention how well Kelly did.

The lad had Carra in his ear the entire game (talk about pressure  :D ) coaching him and the lad turned in a great shift , Chelsea obviously thought he might be our weak point but the lad didn't let himself or us down.
Last edited by woof woof ! on Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby andy_g » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:54 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Chelsea obviously thought he might be our weak point but the lad didn't let himself or us down.

haha, yeah... i had a little peak at a chelsea forum earlier to see how they were reacting. in the build up to the game many of them were positively salivating at the prospect of malouda tearing kelly a new one. i imagine that particular smile got wiped quite quickly off their faces.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mkingdom » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:57 pm

A recognisable Liverpool performance.  Very pleasing.

Nando will get the headlines, and fair enough.  Two typical Torres goals, and he looked class all game.

However, for me, Lucas was immense all day, both defensively and going forward.  It really seems to me that he at last believes he is good enough and is assuming the mantle of a senior player now.

He had a great game.  Kelly did nothing wrong all game and is obviously destined for a great career, hopefully with us.

Kuyt and Torres worked very well as a forward 2, the best I've seen it, and I couldn't really say anyone had a bad game, and with Konchesky on the pitch that is a first!!!

I did see Poulsen warming up at one point, but thankfully he saw sense and put on Shelvey and Spearing instead.

A great result, the potential to put the season back on track, but we've been here before and the next three games are against teams we will (once again now) be expected to beat, and when this is the case we wobble.

As many have said, win the next three and we will be top 4.  Imagine that.

Looking longer term, it was great to see Kelly, Shelvey and Spearing all play a part.

Great day, great game, and football is enjoyable again.   :nod
mkingdom

Postby Aussie Style » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:25 pm

Fell asleep :( (3am kickoff here) does anyone know where I can watch the highlights at least?
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:28 pm

Aussie Style wrote:Fell asleep :( (3am kickoff here) does anyone know where I can watch the highlights at least?

If you want to see the goals check the Fernando Torres thread
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:00 am

Absolutly boss day. Atmosphere on the kop was  brilliant seemed like evey flag was out , and Bob was proudly  wearing his poppy, with Billy Liddell looking on  :nod Best atmosphere in months, made up with our support today.

Lucas Levia just outstanding , and i will rate him today along side Mascherano at his best, were he got them pair of lungs from god knows ,he was fu.ckin everywere , anytime anyone of them had the ball Lucas was on the scene . Fantastic display from him , hes actualy been one of our best performers since the season started to be honest when he has played . just got on with doing what hes doing , hes becoming a bit of a fav with us fans now, and he derserves tall the plaudits hes gettin .

Dirk made a lot of difference imo to the balance of the team, worked his ar.se off like he usualy does and just made up hes back , what a ball to Fernando ,

Most of yous know ive championed Martin Kelly for ages, he made me smile today , great great tackler of the ball , fearsome and a good football head on his shoulders, delighted and over the moon for him today, we have got a great defender in him . but ive been saying that for ages    :;):

Fernando has had his holiday an is back ,recouperated , brilliant he was just brilliant , his second goal left my shins sore , gonna be coverd in briuses in the mornin,

And yes ill give credit to Roy . He done his job as manager of Liverpool football club, got the tactics right , and beat Chelsea ,well done Roy,

Gerrard unplayable today , just unbelievable

Was sh.iting meself the last 25 minutes though as they came at us , But great result and boss day alround just carry it on , on wed please

MOM the lad from Brazil  LUCAS LEVIA , OUTSTANDING
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:01 am

Benny The Noon wrote:Now for the best bit of the game and the mystery of what my mate kept pointing out at the game

A fiver for a mango is well pricey.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:23 am

Reg wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Now for the best bit of the game and the mystery of what my mate kept pointing out at the game

I usually buy them by the dozen with that price
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:35 am

andy_g wrote:haha, yeah... i had a little peak at a chelsea forum earlier to see how they were reacting. in the build up to the game many of them were positively salivating at the prospect of malouda tearing kelly a new one. i imagine that particular smile got wiped quite quickly off their faces.

I didnt know you could speak Chav Andy    :D

Great result and very pleasing to see the youngsters stand up, bodes well for great red future
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:45 am

What a display from the lads! Our best game of the season to date... no question.

Lucas (and I've been saying this since for yonks....... Sprained my shoulder patting me own back there... :D ) continues to put in excellent performances and for me was MOM..... Torres was brilliant.... Gerrard superb... as was Carra. But Kelly was quite simply amazing. Johnson may find his @rse on the bench before too long if he doesn't pull his socks up.

Well done the team!
YNWA
ConnO'var

Postby europian-kings » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:56 am

Just got back from the game, has taken me about 20 minutes to correct any spelling mistakes in this post :D

All i can say is, Lucas Leiva you are amazing! just from this one ame i haven fallen in love with him! quality performace and i hope he keeps it up!

GET IN THEREEEEE!!!!!!
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby europian-kings » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:01 am

I am soooo happy right now. i  may be drunk as a skunk but i am over the moon. i love this club!
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:07 am

metalhead wrote:
Reg wrote:

I usually buy them by the dozen with that price

Same here mate!  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games