LIVERPOOL v man united Sun 5th Mar 4.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:13 pm

With Newcastle having to face City (and even Tottenham having a potentially tricky game away at Wolves) this weekend could prove pivotal in the race for the top four.
We need to be at our backs to the wall best on Sunday, it’s one thing folding like a pack of ******* cards against Real, that’s bad enough, but the players need to know that caving against this crowd is completely ******* unacceptable. Particularly at Anfield.
Anyone can get beat but at least go out on your shields. Come on red men as Bill Shankly said there is a holy trinity at this club involving the fans, manager and players, at the moment one branch of that trinity is letting the other 2 down. The players need to step up. To be fair to them Madrid aside they are trying.
Beat this crowd Sunday, beat Bournemouth next week and then go out on our shields by giving Madrid a good scare at the Bernabeu a week Wednesday. Who knows we may even shock ourselves and turn them over. Let’s show the footballing world what this club is all about.
COYR
YNWA
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:29 pm

Huge game not just for the race for top four but for the psyche of players once labeled as the best in the world and now labeled as old news. The players need to show ManUre that they haven’t rolled over and that those world champion credentials are still there. ManUre usually go on a season changing run when they did beat us so now it is our turn. If we match them for intensity then we will win.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:39 pm

This lot are in good form and will be looking for revenge for some resuluts of recent years. I hope we have it in us to beat them but a draw wouldn't be the end of the world either.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:37 pm

I doubt we are the favourites even with the home advantage so I hope we dig real deep and pull a win out of the bag.

We are right in the race for 4th and even if we lose I doubt that will change.  We have a game in hand on Spurs and they are only 6 ahead which is nothing.

Ali

Trent   konate  Virg  Robbo.

Fabinho

Hendo          Bobby.

Salah          Nunez        Jota.

We don't have anyone who can match that Knut Casemiro in midfield which is a problem. Bobby imo would be worth a go there. Think Varane is out so Nunez through the middle. Jota will do well off Martinez if he comes in for Varane.  Defence is always a concern so forget about the high line and let the forwards do the running. Maybe a more counter attacking approach would be the best option as they will have a lot of possession.

Looking forward to it but at the same time I'm not  :laugh:  You just don't know what you get with these games.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:48 pm

Winning this game would be just the right catalyst to push for a UCL spot. However, these lot are in a better place then us, seemingly on an upward trajectory. They are favourites for sure, if they get a early goal I fear a loss. Going to be a tough battle to limit Rashford, full of confidence at the moment.
We were on a good scoring run against them, 13 goals in last 3 games just before our loss this season.

Anyhow Common Redmen, "Agent of chaos" is going to obliterate them  :D  :D, Love Nunez!!!
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:19 am

I’ve noticed that Rashford has Trent’s number and seems to even go looking for him. We need Konate and whoever the midfielder will be on that side to be aware of that. As it stands, if you stop Rashford it will make it easier to win and  think that is the biggest hole we have in our defense.

I think it will be a passionate match helped on by the crowd and we will win this.

COYR
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:42 pm

Neither Spurs or Newcastle gained anything this weekend so 3 points will be absolutely massive.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:01 pm

Mate it would be typical of us to no capitalize, such a great chance to catch up 4th.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:18 pm

We certainly won't get many more weekends like this so should we take advantage we could be a point ahead of Newcastle and 3 behind spuds with a game in hand. Even if we don't there is still only 6 pts in it with 11 games to play.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:31 pm

Must win game, if we want top 4

I feel a little less nervous about our defence now we have Konate back. But our paper thin midfield will be our undoing if we don't out our chances away early.

Come on red men, let's smash these fu**ers
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:41 pm

Line up

Ali

Trent    konate Virg  Robbo

Fab    Elliot     Hendo

Salah      Nunez     Gakpo.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:27 pm

Just feckin win will yer !!!!!

COYR

YNWA
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:51 pm

No way we can keep this tempo up for the whole game, we need to make it count before we run out of steam.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:13 pm

Gakpoooo...
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:18 pm

Great team goal. But our midfield is poor again and Fabinho is a huge liability.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games